Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lounge ZRH [merged Q&A thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2021, 6:13 am

Originally Posted by yyztozag
I'm pretty sure A doesn't have a terrace. Definitely spend as much time as possible in the E lounge, it's objectively much better.
You are right about that the only out door area there is a small terrace (no view) for smoking.
yyztozag likes this.
Old Jul 22, 2021, 6:16 am

Originally Posted by tr3k
How does the process of going to the E lounge work? Would I just follow signs for E gates/non-Schengen connection?

Then later - exit to immigration/customs?
The E gates/terminal is not that big so it`s quite easy to navigate once you are there.
The way to go to and from E gates and main airport facility is with the "heidi train".

Last edited by Stil; Jul 22, 2021 at 6:22 am
Old Jul 22, 2021, 6:44 am

Originally Posted by Stil
The E gates/terminal is not that big so it`s quite easy to navigate once you are there.
The way to go to and from E gates and main airport facility is with the "heidi train".
What I mean is - is there any kind of a bp check that splits arriving passengers into Schengen/non-Schengen to be aware of?
Until now I always connected between two non-Schengen flights, so didn't pay attention to the arrival process much - ended up in E terminal by default
Old Jul 22, 2021, 7:42 am

Originally Posted by tr3k
What I mean is - is there any kind of a bp check that splits arriving passengers into Schengen/non-Schengen to be aware of?
Until now I always connected between two non-Schengen flights, so didn't pay attention to the arrival process much - ended up in E terminal by default
As BinSabai wrote the exact arrival/transit procedure is decited by where the flight originates from and as far as I can gather from your posts you haven`t written that?
I can share how it normally works for me when arriving to E the gates. I´m a EU country passport holder within the schengen area. I near exclusively arrive from North America with a connecting Schengen flight. When deplaning i arrive at the E gates secure terminal area with a breaf check of crudentials by airline/airport staff before being let in to the terminal. From there I go to the E Senator lounge if I have the time and stay there until I have take the "Heidi train" to the main airport facility.
Flying Machine, BinSabai and tr3k like this.
Old Jul 22, 2021, 9:42 am

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Stil
As BinSabai wrote the exact arrival/transit procedure is decited by where the flight originates from and as far as I can gather from your posts you haven`t written that?
I can share how it normally works for me when arriving to E the gates. I´m a EU country passport holder within the schengen area. I near exclusively arrive from North America with a connecting Schengen flight. When deplaning i arrive at the E gates secure terminal area with a breaf check of crudentials by airline/airport staff before being let in to the terminal. From there I go to the E Senator lounge if I have the time and stay there until I have take the "Heidi train" to the main airport facility.
and if you arrive from Asia or Africa, you usually have to pass security from the arrival area of E into the departure area of E...just follow the signs E gate
tr3k and Stil like this.
Old Jul 22, 2021, 10:49 am

Thank you, understood!
Old Jul 24, 2021, 12:46 pm

Programs: Mileageplus
Originally Posted by peteremcc
Definitely go to the Swiss E lounge first, then head over to the main terminal later, as the lounge there is not as good.

Swiss E lounge is currently only open from 8 am to 2 pm.

I landed at 6 am yesterday and ended up going to the Primeclass lounge next door (using Prioritypass) for a couple of hours then to the Swiss lounge.

Unfortunately, showers are still unavailable in all lounges due to COVID regulations, but the entry person at the Swiss E lounge said they're hoping to re-open them sometime next week, apparently.

Note also, when I finally went through customs to the other terminal, the customs person wanted to know where I'd been for the last 3 hours (given he knew which flight I'd been on), but simply explaining I'd been at the lounge was all fine.
thank you so much for this info. I am transiting through August 14 and I really really want to shower!
Old Jul 28, 2021, 12:05 pm

Programs: Alaska, Bonvoy, HH
I'm sure I could find this by scrolling previous pages and also I know that things could change between now and when I'm traveling, but as of now what are my options as a biz class pax (no status) arriving from CDG and departing for the US? Thx

Edit - that was awfully lazy. I see several posts back that all prem fare pax and status holders are sharing the SEN lounge for now in E?
Flying Machine likes this.

Last edited by mildfrequence; Jul 28, 2021 at 12:22 pm
Old Jul 29, 2021, 7:55 am

Originally Posted by mildfrequence
I'm sure I could find this by scrolling previous pages and also I know that things could change between now and when I'm traveling, but as of now what are my options as a biz class pax (no status) arriving from CDG and departing for the US? Thx

Edit - that was awfully lazy. I see several posts back that all prem fare pax and status holders are sharing the SEN lounge for now in E?
exactly...it's open for a couple of days now...upon arrival you could also use the SEN lounge in A before you proceed through passport control to E
mildfrequence likes this.
Old Aug 10, 2021, 10:11 pm

Programs: UA MM, AA PPro
Any options for those terminating in Zurich? I understand that LX Arrivals lounge is closed, but is there a way to access the E lounge without an onward ticket? Flying UA J EWR-ZRH next week.

Though I guess if showers are still not open, there is little reason to try getting in.
Old Aug 11, 2021, 2:15 am

Originally Posted by legalalien
Any options for those terminating in Zurich? I understand that LX Arrivals lounge is closed, but is there a way to access the E lounge without an onward ticket? Flying UA J EWR-ZRH next week.

Though I guess if showers are still not open, there is little reason to try getting in.
arrriving with a flight from USA, you usually do not need to pass security to get into the departure area of E, but...the lounge dragon will probably not let you in without a boarding pass...
Old Aug 11, 2021, 2:25 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by legalalien
For access without an onward ticket, you would need SEN or HON status. UA 1K is no good. There is no paid access option, either.
Old Aug 12, 2021, 7:45 am

Originally Posted by BinSabai
arrriving with a flight from USA, you usually do not need to pass security to get into the departure area of E, but...the lounge dragon will probably not let you in without a boarding pass...
Originally Posted by 8mh
For access without an onward ticket, you would need SEN or HON status. UA 1K is no good. There is no paid access option, either.
Thank you both. It appears that showers are avaialble in the service center, so I'll cough up CHF15 to be refreshed and presentable the rest of the day.

ETA: The shower at the Service Center was nothing to write home about, but it did the job.

On the return we stopped by the Senator lounge in Terminal E. The breakfast spread wasn't as expansive as I remember it, but there was a made-to-order omelette, muesli, decent croissants, and other items. Not bad.
BinSabai likes this.

Last edited by legalalien; Aug 25, 2021 at 11:07 pm Reason: Update after the trip
Old Sep 4, 2021, 9:47 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Last time I flew out of ZRH on June 28, E lounge was closed. „A“ Lounge was open, but food selection limited and you had only 1 side of the lounge (I believe the SEN side) serving food. Seating on both sides open, but was very cramped.food was served at the counter, too, no self serve.

We are leaving on 6 Sep, probably from E. I understand the E lounge is open again. Is it fully operational now or still only the SEN lounge with closed whisky bar?

TIA
Old Sep 5, 2021, 7:05 am

Originally Posted by 59Impala
We are leaving on 6 Sep, probably from E. I understand the E lounge is open again. Is it fully operational now or still only the SEN lounge with closed whisky bar?

TIA
In late August the E lounge was open, but SEN side only and no whisky bar. There was food served by an attendant and self-serve alcohol. The terrace was open, as was the quiet area with daybeds. I didn't ask about the showers.
BinSabai and 59Impala like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.