Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lounge ZRH [merged Q&A thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2021, 7:43 am

Also, no more 0.5ml bottles of water. Looks like they have a large supply of the really BIG bottles of water, with & w/o gas, that you can take with you. I didn’t because I didn’t want to carry something that BIG & HEAVY with me. Besides, my UA flight provided lots of bottles of water to us.
Old Jul 21, 2021, 3:46 pm

So which are the Schengen and non-Schengen lounges? I see "A" and "E" mentioned.

Also - Swiss site still shows business lounges as closed. Do business passengers get access to Sen. lounge?

Last edited by tr3k; Jul 21, 2021 at 3:54 pm
Old Jul 21, 2021, 5:33 pm

Originally Posted by tr3k
So which are the Schengen and non-Schengen lounges? I see "A" and "E" mentioned.

Also - Swiss site still shows business lounges as closed. Do business passengers get access to Sen. lounge?
Yes, currently FTL/SEN/C/*G pax all get admissed into the same lounge ("SEN")

The SEN lounge in E has recently opened, but without the Whisky bar (which remains closed, possibly forever)

A&B are Schengen terminals, D&E are Non-Schengen terminals. A is the only-open Schengen lounge at the time being for LX pax, E is the only-open Non-Schengen lounge. The "Swiss style" A lounge (not sure what the name was, former FCL) will stay closed for a long while I suppose, and the Swiss D Business&SEN lounge will probably also stay closed for quite a bit longer.
Old Jul 21, 2021, 5:48 pm

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Originally Posted by FLYMSY
Also, no more 0.5ml bottles of water. Looks like they have a large supply of the really BIG bottles of water, with & w/o gas, that you can take with you. I didn’t because I didn’t want to carry something that BIG & HEAVY with me. Besides, my UA flight provided lots of bottles of water to us.
half a mililitre? Don't know if that is even useful

If the bottles to take away was 1.5l or bigger, than I think it's a waste. Impractical...

Originally Posted by YuropFlyer

The SEN lounge in E has recently opened, but without the Whisky bar (which remains closed, possibly forever)

A&B are Schengen terminals, D&E are Non-Schengen terminals. A is the only-open Schengen lounge at the time being for LX pax, E is the only-open Non-Schengen lounge. The "Swiss style" A lounge (not sure what the name was, former FCL) will stay closed for a long while I suppose, and the Swiss D Business&SEN lounge will probably also stay closed for quite a bit longer.
I think the newest lounge was called Alpine lounge. It was basically an overflow area for FTL lounge, don't expect it to open any soon either.

Shame about the whisky bar, hope that I'll be able to visit it again, though I am not eligible at this point.
Old Jul 21, 2021, 7:06 pm

Originally Posted by YuropFlyer

Thank you, understood. I've only ever been to whatever lounge *G gets access to in intl-intl itineraries, so sounds like the E SEN.

If arriving from a non-Schengen country, can one go to the E lounge before entering the Schengen area?
Old Jul 21, 2021, 8:00 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Thank you, understood. I've only ever been to whatever lounge *G gets access to in intl-intl itineraries, so sounds like the E SEN.

If arriving from a non-Schengen country, can one go to the E lounge before entering the Schengen area?
Yes, I’ve done that before. Once your lounge visit is complete in E.. You just have to allow time to take a train and then pass through immigration formalities but that goes very quickly to enter the Schengen area
Old Jul 21, 2021, 8:12 pm

Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
If the bottles to take away was 1.5l or bigger, than I think it's a waste. Impractical...
Oops, I meant 16.9 Fl.Oz.

Those are the ones.
Old Jul 21, 2021, 8:37 pm

Originally Posted by Flying Machine
Yes, I’ve done that before. Once your lounge visit is complete in E.. You just have to allow time to take a train and then pass through immigration formalities but that goes very quickly to enter the Schengen area
Great,thanks! Planning to pick a lounge based on where the line is more manageable :/

Does the lounge in A have a terrace too?
Old Jul 21, 2021, 8:43 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Great,thanks! Planning to pick a lounge based on where the line is more manageable :/

The one I went to with the automatic gates was kind of claustrophobic. I believe it was A (I was taking LX to BCN). I would stay at the senator in E as long as you could very nice lounge

Last edited by Flying Machine; Jul 21, 2021 at 8:59 pm
Old Jul 21, 2021, 8:52 pm

Originally Posted by Flying Machine
The one I went to with the automatic gates was kind of claustrophobic. I believe it was A (I was taking LX to BCN. I would stay at the senator in E as long as you could very nice lounge
Oh, in that case - definitely. That lounge is one of my world-wide favorites.

Web site says it is open until 2pm only now (based on that, I wonder if they will refuse admission and force us to go to A anyway). Got a long connection, so we could visit both (provided we can actually get in :/ )
Old Jul 22, 2021, 1:25 am

Definitely go to the Swiss E lounge first, then head over to the main terminal later, as the lounge there is not as good.

Swiss E lounge is currently only open from 8 am to 2 pm.

I landed at 6 am yesterday and ended up going to the Primeclass lounge next door (using Prioritypass) for a couple of hours then to the Swiss lounge.

Unfortunately, showers are still unavailable in all lounges due to COVID regulations, but the entry person at the Swiss E lounge said they're hoping to re-open them sometime next week, apparently.

Note also, when I finally went through customs to the other terminal, the customs person wanted to know where I'd been for the last 3 hours (given he knew which flight I'd been on), but simply explaining I'd been at the lounge was all fine.
Flying Machine and Nath36 like this.
Old Jul 22, 2021, 2:55 am

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum

depending from which non Schengen country you come, you might have to pass security first
Stil likes this.
Old Jul 22, 2021, 3:36 am

Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
I think the newest lounge was called Alpine lounge. It was basically an overflow area for FTL lounge, don't expect it to open any soon either.

Shame about the whisky bar, hope that I'll be able to visit it again, though I am not eligible at this point.
Yes, it`s really a shame with the whiskey bar! I normally try to keep to my self while flying and in lounges, as most of us here I guess.
To me the whiskey bar was differen`t! I have, to my own surprice, found myself in really nice conversations with fellow travellers on several occations. IŽl miss that!
If anybody has some insight on a possibly (re)opening please share. If everything goes to plan I`ll be passing by soon.

I agree that the Alpine lounge is probably the last to re-open. That`s a shame aswell I really liked it and IŽn my opinion more tranquil and overall nicer then Sen. A. Only down side was the very limited opening hours, so Owerflow area is what it is/was
Old Jul 22, 2021, 5:37 am

Originally Posted by BinSabai
depending from which non Schengen country you come, you might have to pass security first
How does the process of going to the E lounge work? Would I just follow signs for E gates/non-Schengen connection?

Then later - exit to immigration/customs?
Old Jul 22, 2021, 5:57 am

Programs: Aeroplan 50K/Star Alliance Gold, Accor Gold, base level Marriott/Hyatt/Hilton

I'm pretty sure A doesn't have a terrace. Definitely spend as much time as possible in the E lounge, it's objectively much better.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.