Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lounge ZRH [merged Q&A thread]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2021, 5:42 am

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by legalalien
In late August the E lounge was open, but SEN side only and no whisky bar. There was food served by an attendant and self-serve alcohol. The terrace was open, as was the quiet area with daybeds. I didn't ask about the showers.
crowded during peak time late morning I guess? seats easily available?
Old Sep 6, 2021, 8:40 pm

Programs: UA MM, AA PPro
Originally Posted by BinSabai
crowded during peak time late morning I guess? seats easily available?
It wasn't too bad when we got there around 10:30 Monday morning for the 11:55 to IAD, but it was indeed getting pretty full by the boarding time.
BinSabai likes this.
Old Sep 6, 2021, 8:45 pm
Suspended

Thanks For Sharing This Good Information. This Is very helpful for me. I also read most of best information on eightyreviews.com this is so interesting. I also loved your post.
Old Sep 7, 2021, 4:03 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
So we went to E lounge yesterday, around 10.30 am. Generally closes at 2pm. very crowded and could find just 1 spot with 2 seats beside each other for us. Outside seating was all taken. Still only the SEN lounge open, whisky bar closed. Were there just about when the staff changed the food from breakfast to lunch, so could not get scrambled eggs and just 2 plates with cheese left. It was too early for pasta for me, and I knew I‘d take the pasta on our WK flight, which was excellent on both of recent trips.

I know the other non-SEN lounge very well, surprised that the SEN lounge is more or less the same. I would have expected it to be sort of more „luxurious“ or somehow more special. The only differential would be the whisky lounge, which I did have the opportunity to try when flying F to HKG pre-pandemic.
BinSabai likes this.

Last edited by 59Impala; Sep 7, 2021 at 3:01 pm
Old Sep 9, 2021, 3:21 am

Programs: AA/AS/UA; Bonvoy
Leaving today for the US at ~5:30pm in LX J. No status with *A. Is there any lounge available for me, or will they all be closed by then?
Old Sep 9, 2021, 8:24 am

Programs: AA/AS/UA; Bonvoy
Update: E was closed. A was open but extremely crowded.
Old Sep 9, 2021, 8:50 pm

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Artagnan
Update: E was closed. A was open but extremely crowded.
even FCL in A was pretty crowded at around noon... you had to accept, that strangers were sitting at the same table...not really pleasant in times of Covid...safety measures become a joke...
Old Sep 10, 2021, 4:52 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
"For COVID reasons, we cannot open the big lounge. Here, sit at the small lounge with a stranger instead."

A very bad joke indeed.
Old Sep 26, 2021, 5:09 am

Programs: UA 1MM 1K, Hyatt Something-ist, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Whiskey lounge still empty and closed today. (I don’t usually drink whiskey in the morning, but I make an exception when traveling.)

Disappointing since the LX lounge wines are close to the worst in the business — like $3 retail plonk. The only worse I’ve had is in China.

I hope they reopen, but I suspect it depends on a major recovery in non-Schengen travel volume.
Old Oct 7, 2021, 2:08 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by JeredF
Whiskey lounge still empty and closed today. (I don’t usually drink whiskey in the morning, but I make an exception when traveling.)

Disappointing since the LX lounge wines are close to the worst in the business — like $3 retail plonk. The only worse I’ve had is in China.

I hope they reopen, but I suspect it depends on a major recovery in non-Schengen travel volume.
Still no whisky bar and agree on the wine.

However, there were some half decent and even decent spirits at the SEN lounge (self-serve area), like Etter Kirsch, usually served in F on board or at the FCLs. Probably using up stocks.
cbourl likes this.
Old Nov 12, 2021, 2:23 am

Question ZRH Senator E Lounge Showers Open?

Hi there,

Was wondering if we can use the shower facilities when we arrive at 9am from EWR? Is it open? Usually easy to gain access? Or usually a waitlist?

We're arriving on 20NOV2021.

Thanks,

M.
Old Nov 12, 2021, 2:29 am

Programs: LHSen UA1K VAGold QFSilv HHon Diamond ShangrilaJade Radisson Gold SPG Gold Marriott Gold Hertz Presi
Originally Posted by worldclubber
Still no whisky bar and agree on the wine.

However, there were some half decent and even decent spirits at the SEN lounge (self-serve area), like Etter Kirsch, usually served in F on board or at the FCLs. Probably using up stocks.
Yes the spew-mante aka spumate in the senator lounges in ZRH - LH Senator lounges at least have Bovet champagne

Last edited by cbourl; Nov 12, 2021 at 2:45 am Reason: TYPO
Old Nov 12, 2021, 3:29 am

Originally Posted by SFnFlaGuy
Hi there,

Was wondering if we can use the shower facilities when we arrive at 9am from EWR? Is it open? Usually easy to gain access? Or usually a waitlist?

We're arriving on 20NOV2021.

Thanks,

M.
The Arrival lounge is still closed, so no.

You don't mention which class you're flying, but assuming it's not F, and you're not SEN or HON, there won't be any access to you.

There is a landside shower facility for a fee.

https://www.flughafen-zuerich.ch/en/...ellers/showers

Have you had a long flight and just want a nice, invigorating shower? You’ll find what you need at the Service Center! For CHF 15 you can use the spacious showers, including a towel and bodycare products. Simply take your luggage into the shower with you.
SFnFlaGuy likes this.
Old Nov 12, 2021, 3:48 am

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by YuropFlyer
The Arrival lounge is still closed, so no.

You don't mention which class you're flying, but assuming it's not F, and you're not SEN or HON, there won't be any access to you.

There is a landside shower facility for a fee.

https://www.flughafen-zuerich.ch/en/...ellers/showers

Have you had a long flight and just want a nice, invigorating shower? You’ll find what you need at the Service Center! For CHF 15 you can use the spacious showers, including a towel and bodycare products. Simply take your luggage into the shower with you.
Thanks for the info!

We're flying United Polaris Business SFO-EWR-ZRH then Thai Business ZRH-HKT. So I'm assuming we can access the Senator Lounge E correct? According to SWISS website it's all one class now since Business Lounge is still closed?

If we can access lounge, can we access it upon arrival? (Since technically we are transit passengers) take a quick shower then head to Zurich Old Town for a few hours then return in time for quick stop at lounge before flight to Phuket?

Thanks again! :-) And yes I did see that shower facility too beforehand
Old Nov 12, 2021, 4:04 am

A same-day departure of course change a lot of things

Yes, you can access the SEN E lounge based on your TG Business class boarding pass for the same day, the showers have re-opened again if I heard correctly.

Probably not much waiting time, however, LX is short on staff, so you never really know. But definitely worth the time to check it out, and possibly also have something to eat in the lounge.

If you're just passing by here on a day-visit, you probably don't want to jump through the hoops and process of getting a Swiss QR code for COVID-19 vaccination proof, so quite some options will be non-available to you. No indoor dining, no museums. Public transport isn't limited (but note, for example, that you can't take a cruise boat and have lunch there - requires QR certificate as well.)

So it's mostly down to outdoor sight seeing using public transport. Which late November might not be the best time of the year. Pack yourself warm clothes for sure, and I'd check the weather forecast a day before flying, and if it's really bad, just keep your (outdoor) visit a bit shorter.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.