View Single Post
Old Aug 2, 18, 3:12 pm
BangkokTraveler

Programs: UA 2MM, AA Platinum
Originally Posted by Nick Art View Post
You‘ll have access to all Business and all SEN Lounges, the Arrival lounge is reserved for LX status and J/F pax only. (you can still try).
Best option would be to visit the SEN Lounge in E as both your flights arrive and depart from there. There are showers and it’s probably one of the nicest lounges in ZRH (before the F Lounge).
You could also check out the Sen Lounge in A but for that you‘d have to go through passport control.

As you have 12 hours of layover, why not upon arrival shower, get some breakfast in the lounge and then head in to the Citaaay! Zurich is a very nice place to check out and only ten minutes away by train. For long layovers like yours there is even a dedicated thread: Idea: The ZRH long layover Meetup thread
I am in a similar situation as the OP. I fly ORD-ZRH-JNB on Swiss, with a 10-hour connection time in ZRH on a single ticket in Coach (so no access to Arrivals lounge), but I am *Gold. I assume that I will get both boarding passes in Chicago. So can I?
- Land in ZRH and proceed through security to the departure area for my ZRH-JNB flight, then
- Visit the SEN Lounge for shower and food, then
- Leave the SEN Lounge and proceed to the city for a look around

This last step would require me to be able to exit the departures level then pass through passport control to enter Switzerland. I want to make sure that I'm not stuck in the departure level for ZRH-JNB flight once I enter there to access the lounge..