Wiki Posts
Search

LX Seating-thread

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2022, 4:29 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob/UA Gold
Originally Posted by joachimm
Unless I should have chosen 5K... ugh.
I can confirm a few things. As a big guy (6'4", etc) 4A seemed like it might have been a little small for sleeping on an overnight flight. I was able to take a short nap but not in full bed mode.

5K looked like it might be better for sleeping and seems just as good as the "throne", and I think I prefer having a partition behind me.

The worst part of sitting in row 4 is a clear view of how good they have it in the F cabin (similar layout to LH), and the bedding storage for F is right in front of you. Several pax asked to have the bed made up for a daytime flight I guess. I did resent having the F bedding being stored in "my" cabin, like they don't have enough space in F???
Old May 4, 2022, 7:55 am

A340 business class seat options

Good morning. My partner and I are on A343s from Zürich to Johannesburg and back. We are currently seated in bulkhead center seats 6D and 6G. Seats 5A and 5B are available. This is mostly an overnight flight, though I really do enjoy looking out the window, especially descending into a far-away place. Given the overnight nature of the flight, do you feel it's better to have the wider footwells of the center seats or the more intimate feel of the smaller cabin. I'm roughly 6'2", my partner 5'10. Any advice is appreciated.
Old May 4, 2022, 9:21 am

And a second question. We booked seat 6K for my mom on the A343 but it keeps being removed. The app does not allow me to reselect seats so it's a lengthy hour+ call (on hold) for them to change her seat back to 6K. The last time (4th time) I called, I was told it's a bassinet seat so I guess it's blocked. Seats 5D and 6A (throne seat) are both available. I don't mind paying a surcharge, but it seems to me that they should be in a position of releasing seat 6K.
Old May 5, 2022, 4:39 am

Location: my heart is on the shores of the north Italian lakes
Programs: LX Senator Lifetime, Relais&Chateaux Club5C, ex ! "Amanjunkie", ex LHW LC, hate chain hotels
"Stübli" the place to be

Originally Posted by iker
Any advice is appreciated.
Take 5 A & B for yourself and honour your mother with 4 A throne seat for a fee as you do not mind. Quiet, less foot traffic than in front of the main C cabin. Enjoy the civilized A340 over the roaring noisy 777 .
Old May 5, 2022, 1:49 pm
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Good morning. My partner and I are on A343s from Zürich to Johannesburg and back. We are currently seated in bulkhead center seats 6D and 6G. Seats 5A and 5B are available. This is mostly an overnight flight, though I really do enjoy looking out the window, especially descending into a far-away place. Given the overnight nature of the flight, do you feel it's better to have the wider footwells of the center seats or the more intimate feel of the smaller cabin. I'm roughly 6'2", my partner 5'10. Any advice is appreciated.

if you like window seats, then go for 5AB in the small cabin. Much quieter.
We personally prefer the centre seats so would not take them again, but that is just us.
Old May 5, 2022, 2:04 pm

Programs: LX Senator Lifetime, Relais&Chateaux Club5C, ex ! "Amanjunkie", ex LHW LC, hate chain hotels
Originally Posted by 59Impala
We personally prefer the centre seats so would not take them again, but that is just us.
4 D&G is best for couples of course, but available only to LH group's own elites and I doubt they would still be available at OLCI.
Old May 5, 2022, 2:10 pm
formerly a193991

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by behuman
4 D&G is best for couples of course, but available only to LH group's own elites and I doubt they would still be available at OLCI.

We usually secure 4DG, as we book well in advance. With OLCI you‘d really have to check-in at T -23:59:59 to bee lucky.
eeven then, someone on IATCI would have grabbed them.
Old May 5, 2022, 7:53 pm

We are only *G and purchase business class tickets. We don't frequently get to use points for upgrades to first class because I don't think it's possible using United Mileage Plus points, and United and Air New Zealand don't have first class.

4DG are taken. 6DG are available, as are 5AB.
Old May 6, 2022, 1:42 am

We are only *G, 4DG are taken. 6DG are available, as are 5AB.
4D&G may be available, but only if you log in as SEN/HON. They are not for sale like the thrones and sadly blocked for *G.
Old May 6, 2022, 7:24 am

Sadly. And since 6K is blocked, it only leaves me with 6ADG or 4A, 5AB. Chose the mini cabin. I suppose my partner and I can deal with the smaller footwells for the more intimate cabin. If you feel I should switch to row 6 for comfort, please let me know. Since it's mostly an overnight flight with nothing to see below, I'm not as keen on getting a window seat for myself. Sleep is more important.
Old May 29, 2022, 10:57 am

I had seat 5G and 5D booked in the minin and now two days before the flight I get an email saying my seats have changed to 6D and 6G.

Im going to try and rectify it. How does this happen and anyone any idea what the new seats are like if I get stuck with them.
Old Jun 21, 2022, 8:25 am

I'm asking for your thoughts about my choice : We will fly ZRH-BKK in J on 777-300ER as a couple.

No seats were available in the mini cabin until today and I've booked a pair of central seat (D/G) which I preferred to the window pairs regarding the direct aisle access and a roomier seat for 1 of us.
Today seats 5A/B are finally free in the mini cabin. I guess I would prefer those seats to be in the mini cabin, but the window pairs always appeared a bit cramped to me and less good than the central pairs. What would you choose in this situation?
Old Jun 25, 2022, 1:08 am

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by lcheval
I'm asking for your thoughts about my choice : We will fly ZRH-BKK in J on 777-300ER as a couple.

No seats were available in the mini cabin until today and I've booked a pair of central seat (D/G) which I preferred to the window pairs regarding the direct aisle access and a roomier seat for 1 of us.
Today seats 5A/B are finally free in the mini cabin. I guess I would prefer those seats to be in the mini cabin, but the window pairs always appeared a bit cramped to me and less good than the central pairs. What would you choose in this situation?
D/G has a bit more space (in particular stowage) than A/B, but 5 A/B would be in the Mini Cabin, which is usually more quiet
Old Jun 27, 2022, 12:23 pm
formerly a193991

It's been about 4 years since I flew F on LX (77W). Doing so again ZRH-ORD in October, but an A340.
I somehow recall having read/heard, that the F seats are the same on 77W and 340, but not 330, correct?
TIA
Old Jun 28, 2022, 3:28 am

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by 59Impala
It's been about 4 years since I flew F on LX (77W). Doing so again ZRH-ORD in October, but an A340.
I somehow recall having read/heard, that the F seats are the same on 77W and 340, but not 330, correct?
TIA
the A340 seats have been upgraded to the same as on 777 (suites)
the ones on A330 are older and not suites
59Impala likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.