Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LX Seating-thread

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2022, 2:49 am

Programs: AC SE 100K
Originally Posted by diburning
Does LX generally take care of Star Alliance Gold passengers, or did I encounter a rogue agent in my favor?

About 48 hours before departure, I was notified that my seat had changed. I was moved up from 17A to 12A. Then, when I boarded, I noticed that everyone who boarded with me in group 1 who were also sitting in Economy had an empty seat next to them. (Business ended at row 7)

The flight was fairly full (but obvious not full enough to be able to give us empty seats next to us).
I would say that LX/LH do a great job with the Star Gold passengers. You get treated almost as good as Senator. The system will block the seat beside you if the plane is not full and I receive a reasonable amount of short-haul Europe upgrades at the gate (seat change). Obviously you get the Star Gold standard benefits too but really these little things like seating assignment are great.

It also seems that recently (at least since AC when to Amadeus in 2020) that I can select the throne seat for free as well as exit rows and other blocked seats. Again - this is truly appreciated and in many ways makes it that from Zurich, I would never fly any other carrier unless I had to. The amount I am willing to pay as well for that service is likely much more than what it costs to provide.
DaWhizz likes this.
Old Nov 27, 2022, 7:04 am

Programs: Many but loyal to none
My wife and I are flying Swiss in J to LHR-BKK next year. Outbound from LHR-ZUR we are scheduled to fly on an A220-100 and the same inbound on our return ZUR-LHR. I have currently selected 3A and 4C assuming that whichever of the two sits in 4C they can move to the window seat should they choose. I just wanted to check if my assumption is correct or will the person be required to sit in 4C and enforced by the cabin crew? TIA
Old Nov 27, 2022, 12:50 pm

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
Originally Posted by tafer2uk
My wife and I are flying Swiss in J to LHR-BKK next year. Outbound from LHR-ZUR we are scheduled to fly on an A220-100 and the same inbound on our return ZUR-LHR. I have currently selected 3A and 4C assuming that whichever of the two sits in 4C they can move to the window seat should they choose. I just wanted to check if my assumption is correct or will the person be required to sit in 4C and enforced by the cabin crew? TIA
Correct, you can move to AC in either row with no issue. But you also book a DF pair and have an extra seat closer by.
Old Nov 28, 2022, 6:44 am

Programs: Many but loyal to none
Originally Posted by MichielR
Correct, you can move to AC in either row with no issue. But you also book a DF pair and have an extra seat closer by.
Thanks. I booked those so we could both hopefully have a window seat. On a row of three I usually pull rank as my wife is up and down out of her seat a lot more than i am.
Old Dec 2, 2022, 3:35 pm

Programs: UA Gold
5k or 8A?

I’m currently in 5k eastbound but two thrones in the larger cabin have opened up for checkin. What is preferable, the stubli intimacy or the throne side spaces? (4A and 6A are occupied)

Thanks for you opinions!
Old Jan 16, 2023, 8:23 am

Programs: Grounded ex-Flyer
Premium economy seats on 777 - recommendations (or warnings) ?

Originally Posted by supine
Yes, more legroom.

Look at https://www.aerolopa.com/lx-773-4cl which is pretty accurate with the different seat pitches.
Dear all,

Do you have any recommendations on choosing Premium Economy seat on Swiss 777 -300 ER ? (soon flying GRU-ZRH)

SeatGuru map does not shown the Premium Eco.
Thanks to map shared by supine earlier in thread I can see the layouts, but I would be interested in pros/cons opinions (just like Seat Guru should have )

Thanks in advance !
Old Jan 16, 2023, 12:04 pm

Originally Posted by JudgeJ
Dear all,

Do you have any recommendations on choosing Premium Economy seat on Swiss 777 -300 ER ? (soon flying GRU-ZRH)

SeatGuru map does not shown the Premium Eco.
Thanks to map shared by supine earlier in thread I can see the layouts, but I would be interested in pros/cons opinions (just like Seat Guru should have )

Thanks in advance !
https://seatmaps.com/airlines/lx-swiss/boeing-777/ - I would defo choose last window seat 22A/K, first row is without window, second with one window but not the best aligned. from my point of view last row seems to fit me best. have watched some trip reviews before. but if you don't mind about windows then probably first row because of legroom
JudgeJ likes this.
Old Jan 17, 2023, 7:48 am

Programs: UA, Hilton, Marriott Gold, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by criostal
I’m currently in 5k eastbound but two thrones in the larger cabin have opened up for checkin. What is preferable, the stubli intimacy or the throne side spaces? (4A and 6A are occupied)

Thanks for you opinions!
Definitely go for the thrones if traveling solo. The privacy of the Stubli is nice but it’s less private feeling sitting directly next to someone when a throne is an option
Old Jan 17, 2023, 1:02 pm

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
Originally Posted by beyondjohn
Definitely go for the thrones if traveling solo. The privacy of the Stubli is nice but it’s less private feeling sitting directly next to someone when a throne is an option
I'd go for 5K which is a single seat on the Airbus. I assume this is an Airbus flight as the B77W has no 6A seat. More room for your feet than the non-bulkhead throne.
Old Jan 22, 2023, 7:50 pm

Programs: Grounded ex-Flyer
Originally Posted by romans
https://seatmaps.com/airlines/lx-swiss/boeing-777/ - I would defo choose last window seat 22A/K, first row is without window, second with one window but not the best aligned. from my point of view last row seems to fit me best. have watched some trip reviews before. but if you don't mind about windows then probably first row because of legroom
Many thanks for the advice !
Old Jan 25, 2023, 2:17 pm

Originally Posted by goliath
I value available phyiscal space, whereas you seem to value privacy. Everybody has different preferences.

I've just flown home in 4D last night, and I deliberately chose 4D over 4G, because it only has a physical "wall" on one side and is open towards the aisle on the other side. Being a side sleeper, this gives me more room to move myself around when the seat is in "bed mode".

I think there is no discussion about footwell size, where any bulkhead seat >>>> any seat that is open towards the aisle on one side >> any seat where you have to stick your feet in between the two seats in front of you.

In addition to your feet being trapped the worst of any seat, your body is also trapped between two "walls" in 5D. Therefore, 5D is far down on my list of preferred seats, only the same type of seat in the second business class cabin would be further down.
I am reviving an 5 year old comment... but alas found topic that I was looking for.

I am super excited to have booked SFO-ZUR on business class, B777-300ER. I haven't decided if I want to pay $219 for throne seats. I am flying solo.

The comment above , "physical space vs personal space" is an excellent comparison regards to preference. I initially selected 14D..as it had more privacy from the aisle... but I am a side sleeper and tend to move a lot. I flew LH business class and liked that the armrest was low as I can move my elbow.

For those who have flown the B777 in business.... did you find it hard to move around in the seat with more privacy? Two side walls? I am only 5'2 petite.
Am I overthinking this.
Old Jan 31, 2023, 7:54 am

Programs: TK*G
Talking

I have just been able to select my seats for free on flights LX283 and LX750 which are 2 weeks from now (U-fare). I am *G through TK, and normally free seat selection before the 24h check-in window is a perk that's only reserved to M&M Senator and HON circle, right?
Has SWISS changed something here in their booking system and extended this perk to other *G members outside their own miles programme? Can someone confirm having the same perk as *G member (non-Senator/HON) on SWISS?

Last edited by DaWhizz; Jan 31, 2023 at 8:46 am
Old Feb 1, 2023, 3:34 pm

Originally Posted by DaWhizz
I have just been able to select my seats for free on flights LX283 and LX750 which are 2 weeks from now (U-fare). I am *G through TK, and normally free seat selection before the 24h check-in window is a perk that's only reserved to M&M Senator and HON circle, right?
Has SWISS changed something here in their booking system and extended this perk to other *G members outside their own miles programme? Can someone confirm having the same perk as *G member (non-Senator/HON) on SWISS?
same here, was able to select seats for my next LX/OS flights, I don't believe it's feature, more it's a bug

add: for LX premium eco seats and for connecting OS flights eco seats (A3*G)
FoxFlyer and DaWhizz like this.

Last edited by romans; Feb 2, 2023 at 1:52 am
Old Feb 1, 2023, 4:26 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM; Bonvoy Titanium; most other FF programs...
Originally Posted by romans
same here, was able to select seats for my next LX/OS flights, I don't believe it's feature, more it's a bug
I was able to book a throne seat in J on a 777-300 flight without having to pay the up charge. 😬
romans and DaWhizz like this.
Old Feb 1, 2023, 6:26 pm

Programs: AC 25k, WJ Platinum
Checking in here before asking in the Aeroplan forum.

Booked LX YYC-ZRH, and then ZRH-JFK through Aeroplan reward. Seats are not assigned, Aeroplan says it's partner metal so I need to select seats through them. Swiss website says seats are not possible to select for this leg. Swiss customer support says Edelweiss is operator so they can't do anything. Edelweiss website will not retrieve booking. Edelweiss customer service number (only one I could find) is a local swiss number, so I would incur long distance charges to phone, so I have not done that yet.

How can I select seats?!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.