Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LX Seating-thread

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2017, 11:05 am

4K or 12G for solo traveler.

Thinking 4K is there enough room for me to get by passenger in 4J so I don't disturb him/her?

TIA

Last edited by metoo; Nov 20, 2017 at 11:11 am
Old Nov 20, 2017, 12:13 pm

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
What type of plane?
Old Nov 20, 2017, 2:56 pm

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
Originally Posted by goliath
What type of plane?
Originally Posted by metoo
4K or 12G for solo traveler.

Thinking 4K is there enough room for me to get by passenger in 4J so I don't disturb him/her?

TIA
Easy to answer the type as only the B77W has 4J.

Seat choice is between a middle aisle seat and a window with no aisle access, easy too in my opinion: unless you really want the window go for 12G.
Old Nov 20, 2017, 3:15 pm

Originally Posted by MichielR
Easy to answer the type as only the B77W has 4J.

Seat choice is between a middle aisle seat and a window with no aisle access, easy too in my opinion: unless you really want the window go for 12G.
I value foot space above all else and would recommend the opposite: go for 4G - the difference in foot space between bulkhead and all other seats is massive.

Here's a pic of mine of the "cubby hole" in row 4 on the 77W:

...and here's a pic of what you would get in 12G on a 77W:
Old Nov 20, 2017, 3:53 pm

Goliath, I am not in 4G but 4K(window seat) with passenger beside me in 4J.

Does 5D have lots of space in cubby hole or is it like 12G?

I can also choose 5D. So which is best- 4K, 5D or 12 G on the 777-300??

Is it easy to get to the aisle without asking 4J passenger to move aside?
Old Nov 20, 2017, 4:17 pm

Originally Posted by metoo
Goliath, I am not in 4G but 4K(window seat) with passenger beside me in 4J.

Does 5D have lots of space in cubby hole or is it like 12G?

I can also choose 5D. So which is best- 4K, 5D or 12 G on the 777-300??

Is it easy to get to the aisle without asking 4J passenger to move aside?
5D is the same as 12G - all seats where you have to stick your feet into the hole between two seats in front of you are the same - the worst in terms of foot space.

Personally (for the reasons mentioned above), I would stick to 4K. Depending on their seating position, you may have to step over the passenger in 4J - but is that such an issue?

Here's the best I can offer showing 4K and 4J (view from 4J):

Here's a view of 10G (same as 12G):

Old Nov 24, 2017, 5:02 pm

Programs: Virgin Atlantic Silver, IHG Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, AA Platinum Pro
Hello,
Quick question. I'll be flying business on an A330 and noticed that on the seat selection map, there are certain double seats that have the aisle seat grayed out, as in unselectable, with no comment, star, or any other notation.

Can anyone explain? If I book the window, will the aisle seat be guaranteed to remain unoccupied?
Old Nov 24, 2017, 11:43 pm

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
Originally Posted by moe8555
Hello,
Quick question. I'll be flying business on an A330 and noticed that on the seat selection map, there are certain double seats that have the aisle seat grayed out, as in unselectable, with no comment, star, or any other notation.

Can anyone explain? If I book the window, will the aisle seat be guaranteed to remain unoccupied?
Which seats does this concern?
Old Nov 27, 2017, 12:18 pm

Programs: BA GGL, TK*G EL, KL P ELPL, ex AB P, ex LH/LX Sen, HHonors D4L, Bonvoy P
Extra legroom/exit row not honored

Recently, LX introduced "Extra legroom" (i.e. exit row) seating also on shorthaul flights. The surcharge is "from" CHF 30, as compared to CHF 25 for "preferred" seats and CHF 12 for regular seats on light fares. The fee is waived for SEN/HON.

Two of my colleagues (non status) as well as me hade booked such "Extra legroom" seats on different shorthaul flights (all operated by A319/320). They paid for it, while I could reserve them for free.

However, none (!) of our advance seat reservations were actually honored. Not the ones my colleagues paid for, not my SEN status related ones.

In all cases, the LX staff was unhelpful and refused to reassign the seats (which in all cases were still within the Y cabin, so it was not a question of the curtain being moved beyond the exit row). One of my colleagues asked check-in staff if the pax seated in exit row were paying for the assignment, which was denied. So LX seems to give the seats to some people for free - and doesn't hesitate to dump paying pax for that ... LX also refuses a refund of the fee paid.

In my opinion, what LX is doing is very disrespectful in case of SEN and actually illegal in the case of those who paid for it.
Old Nov 27, 2017, 2:23 pm

Programs: Miles and More
Originally Posted by swiss_global

However, none (!) of our advance seat reservations were actually honored. Not the ones my colleagues paid for, not my SEN status related ones.

LX also refuses a refund of the fee paid.
You should be eligible for a refund: https://www.swiss.com/ch/en/book/con...ervation-legal

[QUOTE]
The charges for seat reservations will only be refunded in these cases:
  • You do not meet the requirements listed in item 1.1 and you have informed SWISS about this fact via the Service Center at least 24 hours prior to your flight departure.
  • SWISS changes the seat category on your continental flight for operational reasons.
  • SWISS changes the seat numbers on your intercontinental flight for operational reasons.
[UNQUOTE]
Old Dec 4, 2017, 6:04 am

Programs: BA Gold, UA Premier Platinum, Bonvoy Platinum, OnBusiness, Eurostar C.Blanche
CS300 Exit Row Picture - Row 12

• Definitely more space than any other row on the CS300.
  • Tables NOT in armrests > Armrests movable.

Last edited by Turboprince; Dec 4, 2017 at 6:11 am Reason: pic too cropped by FT - sorry, I would've loved to show you
Old Dec 10, 2017, 4:10 am

Hello,

I'm travelling business class on LX 256 this coming Feb 11, flying an A330-300.
Looking at the seats online I can select the A seats but on the odd rows the B seats are drown but have no box to select them. Some other seats are shown as already selected.
Do they stay empty? Do they open them up later? If the first that would make the A seats a great option, but lets not dream to much.

[QUOTE=rorschi;8484837]
[size="3"]A330-300[/size]

F: 1,2 C: 4-5/6-14 Y: 22-45

F: Layout 1-2-1
1 passenger can sit on the footrest (ottoman) for a tête-à-tête-dinner.

C: Layout 1-2-1 (A DG K, even rows except row 14) or 2-2-1 (AB DG K, odd rows + row 14), full flat seats, horizontal
Single seats with one table (either at left or at right side): All right hand-window-seats (K)
Single seats with one table at each side: All pair left hand-window-seats except row 14 (4A, 6A, 8A, 10A, 12A)
Avoid: Row 5 (next to the galley), row 14 (in front of the baby-bassinets in Y)
Old Jan 2, 2018, 1:56 am

Quick question, is 5G blocked/reserved on the A330?

On the Swiss website, the seat looks available to select, but whenever I try to, I just get an error.
Old Jan 2, 2018, 10:23 am

Programs: AC*SM, M&M SEN, BA Gold, DL Gold; Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by pentiumvi
Quick question, is 5G blocked/reserved on the A330?

On the Swiss website, the seat looks available to select, but whenever I try to, I just get an error.
Generally blocked. Here's a common configuration for a newly loaded A330 (I picked BOS-ZRH in October):
Old Jan 4, 2018, 12:00 am

Originally Posted by bawm
Generally blocked. Here's a common configuration for a newly loaded A330 (I picked BOS-ZRH in October):
Thanks! Guess it's just a website glitch then.

Now the question is, is the mini-cabin (ie row 4 & 5) preferred over the main cabin?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.