Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LX lounges restarting

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2020, 12:59 pm

Programs: LH SENATOR
Originally Posted by behuman
A bad and sad show indeed. But Switzerland being shamefully the European Covid leader there must be reasons for this . Anyway within a couple of weeks there will be no such thing as lounges at airports anymore as by Christmas the pandemic will have devastated parts if not all of Europe and there will be no planes to wait for anymore.
It's a absolute shame how Switzerland is handling the matter, if they continue like this Christmas will be in lockdown whereas the European neighbours will be able to get some relief in December by having shops open for the Christmas business, would be a Economic desaster for the retail industry if just then all of Switzerland needs to shut down.

Hygiene, never thought I would say this, but flying with EK or QR makes me feel safer these days than with LX, they really make sure that these cabins are throughly cleaned and have one Flight attendants only taking care of lavatories. Whereas LX already announced to reduce the amount of Flight attendants on flights going forward on long haul flights.
behuman likes this.
Old Nov 8, 2020, 2:32 pm

Originally Posted by LXA350
It's a absolute shame how Switzerland is handling the matter, if they continue like this Christmas will be in lockdown whereas the European neighbours will be able to get some relief in December by having shops open for the Christmas business, would be a Economic desaster for the retail industry if just then all of Switzerland needs to shut down.

Hygiene, never thought I would say this, but flying with EK or QR makes me feel safer these days than with LX, they really make sure that these cabins are throughly cleaned and have one Flight attendants only taking care of lavatories. Whereas LX already announced to reduce the amount of Flight attendants on flights going forward on long haul flights.
I'd not worry too much about Germany getting ahead of us. Not with mass-spreader events hold like at Leipzig.

Pretty much all European countries are in deep trouble, it just shows that we're lacking a useful strategy. It's either "privacy laws" (that make contact tracing impossible) or "we can't take this or that freedom away". Till it's too late, then followed by a half-... done lockdown, while borders are kept open (or opened up again once it looks "okayish") so even if most areas beat it, it's a guarantee it will spread over all again.

Look at how other countries beat it or strongly contained it. Korea, China, Japan, Vietnam, Singapore, Australia, NZ (and quite some more.. all in Asia&Pacific). Yes, they also made mistakes, but they've learned and adapted, keeping numbers low or even getting them down to zero.

Meanwhile in Europe and the Americas..
Old Nov 8, 2020, 3:02 pm

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
Originally Posted by LXA350
IWhereas LX already announced to reduce the amount of Flight attendants on flights going forward on long haul flights.
Can you please point me to that announcement? There would be some rather specific safety-related certification issued to be addressed...
Old Nov 8, 2020, 3:08 pm

Originally Posted by airoli
Can you please point me to that announcement? There would be some rather specific safety-related certification issued to be addressed...
Surprised you missed that one, it was written all across the local Swiss media:

https://www.tagesanzeiger.ch/lohnein...l-384514574760

Paywall, if you don't have Tagesanzeiger, the Blick one should do:

https://www.blick.ch/wirtschaft/bitt...d16183698.html
Laut Informationen von Tamedia kommt es auch zu einer Ausdünnung der Crews auf der Langstrecke. So soll die Swiss ab kommendem März Destinationen wie Hongkong, Singapur oder San Francisco mit mindestens einem Flugbegleiter weniger anfliegen.

Zudem sollen die Crews schneller rotieren. Nach einem Langstreckenflug soll der Aufenthalt vor Ort nur noch eine Nacht anstatt die üblichen zwei andauern.
For those not speaking German:

Reducing FAs on long haul flights starting March (generic meaning, so probably ALL long haul flights still operating, which aren't many..) by "at least 1" - probably more if safety allows.

Plus, crews will "rotate quicker", meaning they're cutting crew rest time at the destinations to just one night at all destinations. Like how it is for Singapore already since it was a "new destination" when introduced. And I can tell you, some crew members were fairly grumpy on the return due to that
airoli and nufnuf77 like this.
Old Nov 8, 2020, 3:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Can we please keep this lounge thread on topic. Thanks!
Old Nov 9, 2020, 11:21 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Well we have 8 hour layover in ZRH (now that LH cancelled most F longhauls we moved to LX). IF the lounge is closed do you recommend getting a train and going to ZRH to some restaurant? or is it too much hassle?
Old Nov 9, 2020, 1:17 pm
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Usually I'd say yes, even if the lounge was open, but given the current Covid-19 circumstances I would definetly not recommend it.
Old Nov 9, 2020, 1:40 pm

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
Originally Posted by nufnuf77
or is it too much hassle?
It is no hassle at all. However, I'd advise you to verify the immigration rules, pandemic situation, restrictions in place etc. at the time of your trip and make your decision based on that.
Old Nov 9, 2020, 2:15 pm

Actually, if you're not TOO worried about catching COVID-19, I'd say, go for the city of Zürich (or any other nice city in Switzerland, if you got an 8hrs layover, all the larger cities in German-speaking Switzerland are within reach like Bern, Lucerne, St. Gallen, Basel..)

If the weather is nice, you could take a boat trip on Lake Zürich, alternatively there are a lot of museums, city sightseeing.. plenty of activities that are probably as covid-safe as staying 8hrs at the airport in a fairly packed lounge in the "F area" with slightly improved F&B offering..

Switzerland is relatively "easy" on COVID-19 restrictions, compared to most other countries in Europe at least, so it's not like anything you might be interested would be closed.

It's 10min by train to Zürich, straight from within the airport to downtown, can't go wrong with that.

Let me know which day you'll be here - due to the COVID-19 situation, I've got ample free time and could definitely act as guide for you..
nufnuf77 likes this.
Old Nov 9, 2020, 6:46 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Originally Posted by YuropFlyer
Actually, if you're not TOO worried about catching COVID-19, I'd say, go for the city of Zürich (or any other nice city in Switzerland, if you got an 8hrs layover, all the larger cities in German-speaking Switzerland are within reach like Bern, Lucerne, St. Gallen, Basel..)

If the weather is nice, you could take a boat trip on Lake Zürich, alternatively there are a lot of museums, city sightseeing.. plenty of activities that are probably as covid-safe as staying 8hrs at the airport in a fairly packed lounge in the "F area" with slightly improved F&B offering..

Switzerland is relatively "easy" on COVID-19 restrictions, compared to most other countries in Europe at least, so it's not like anything you might be interested would be closed.

It's 10min by train to Zürich, straight from within the airport to downtown, can't go wrong with that.

Let me know which day you'll be here - due to the COVID-19 situation, I've got ample free time and could definitely act as guide for you..
Thanks! we have FRA-ZRH at lunch and then 9:50pm to GRU on dec7. my auntie lives in Bienne but not sure we have time to go that far and its not a weekend. zurich i never actually explored so will be nice
Old Nov 19, 2020, 2:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN

Seems like there is a lounge competition in ZRH. Aspire reduced to 25 and LX to 29
Old Nov 19, 2020, 2:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
You mean, even if you have the status cards or are in business class, you have to pay CHF25 to get in?
Old Nov 19, 2020, 2:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by Concerto
You mean, even if you have the status cards or are in business class, you have to pay CHF25 to get in?
Those prices are the walk-in price for non-lounge eligible people.
Swiss is still welcoming Business/First, M&M FQTV and higher, *G and higher to their own lounges.
Old Nov 19, 2020, 3:50 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
Those prices are the walk-in price for non-lounge eligible people.
Is this for everyone who pays up or do you need to be on an LX ticket?
Old Nov 19, 2020, 6:11 am

Originally Posted by funkydrummer
Is this for everyone who pays up or do you need to be on an LX ticket?
Its valid for everyone.

The right-side signage seems to be for a different lounge, which charges only 25.-

LX charges 29.- (free entry for FTL+, C/F pax flying *A)
flyertalker28120 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.