Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Covid19: Swiss refunds after cancellation

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2, 2020, 3:15 am
Suspended

Programs: UA Premier Gold
If LX charged your credit card in EUR you will get the same EUR amount back. If your credit card issuer converted the charge from HUF to EUR, obviously you will get a smaller amount back in EUR now.
From the credit card statement it should be clear in which currency a charge is hitting the card.
If LX refunds in HUF, you have a good chargeback case against your LX. You are entitled to a full refund, not a refund in a different currency.
Old Jul 2, 2020, 10:19 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
So my saga with Swiss continues.
My chargeback of the representment by Swiss, which was initially credited to my account by Amex was today again charged to my account.
Swiss replied to Amex that my case had been resolved and that I had received a voucher.
I have had no such voucher, have not discussed a voucher with Swiss, nor would I ever accept one.
Moreover, I have a cancellation confirmation Email specifying that a refund would be made to the original form of payment.
Amex is washing their hands, says there is nothing more they can do and that I should contact the airline.
I am shocked. This time with Amex. The brazen cheek of Swiss to tell these lies, but then the blind acceptance of this by Amex despite them having a copy of the cancellation and refund notice from Swiss.
I cannot reach Swiss by phone today, all lines ring out. This is going to my lawyers now.
Old Jul 2, 2020, 12:22 pm

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by SK AAR
If LX charged your credit card in EUR you will get the same EUR amount back. If your credit card issuer converted the charge from HUF to EUR, obviously you will get a smaller amount back in EUR now.

Anyway, this is one of the risks of buying cheaper tickets from other countries in other currencies to save on the fare. The pax who bought cheap J/F tickets ex OSL or KBP are in the same boat when their tickets are refunded. C'est la vie /this is the rules of the game - you can't always win.

Thank You again for your replies. I will wait and see what is refunded. As I said, there was no mention of the HUF sum on my credit card receipt, so fingers crossed
And Thank You, I was well aware of the risks of buying cheaper tickets - sometimes you win sometimes you lose. I won't feel bad about trying to pay as little as possible for my flight though. I regularly book from ARN or OSL, and have saved thousands in the process.
Old Jul 2, 2020, 12:46 pm

Programs: AC E75K
Originally Posted by Tafflyer
So my saga with Swiss continues.
My chargeback of the representment by Swiss, which was initially credited to my account by Amex was today again charged to my account.
Swiss replied to Amex that my case had been resolved and that I had received a voucher.
I have had no such voucher, have not discussed a voucher with Swiss, nor would I ever accept one.
Moreover, I have a cancellation confirmation Email specifying that a refund would be made to the original form of payment.
Amex is washing their hands, says there is nothing more they can do and that I should contact the airline.
I am shocked. This time with Amex. The brazen cheek of Swiss to tell these lies, but then the blind acceptance of this by Amex despite them having a copy of the cancellation and refund notice from Swiss.
I cannot reach Swiss by phone today, all lines ring out. This is going to my lawyers now.
Sigh. I feel for you and fear I'll be hearing similar news soon as the next chapter in my saga.

Knowing what I know now, there are moments when I regret filing the initial chargeback and think maybe I should have just waited. But whenever I start thinking that way, I then whipsaw and feel a hot flash of anger. It is ridiculous that we consumers should just be left holding the bag and wait 2, 3, or more months for LX / LH to decide when it is convenient again for them to return our hard-earned money.
Old Jul 2, 2020, 4:08 pm
Suspended

Again I would put more pressure onto your card issueing bank.
Turn a written application for a representment chargeback.
Old Jul 3, 2020, 8:50 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by warakorn
Again I would put more pressure onto your card issueing bank.
Turn a written application for a representment chargeback.
I did chargeback the representment, the Amex (Germany) agent did agree that the Swiss reply contradicted both their first reply and the documents I provided, and yet they toldme Ihad to take it up with the airline and that there’s nothing more they can do.

I will be spending my 500,000 Membership Rewards points, cancelling my Amex Platinum and filing a lawsuit against Swiss. I have already filed a complaint about Swiss via the Dutch enforcement organisation and I will be filing an EU complaint.
bawm, cbourl, capedreamer and 1 others like this.
Old Jul 3, 2020, 9:18 am

I will be spending my 500,000 Membership Rewards points, cancelling my Amex Platinum and filing a lawsuit against Swiss. I have already filed a complaint about Swiss via the Dutch enforcement organisation and I will be filing an EU complaint.
May the force be with you!
Old Jul 3, 2020, 11:37 am
Suspended

I did chargeback the representment,
​​​​​​​in a written form - or just a phone call?
Old Jul 4, 2020, 2:42 am

in a written form - or just a phone call?
​​​​​​​Just a phone call to Amex.
Old Jul 4, 2020, 3:33 am
Suspended

If you just phoned in, than Amex has fobbed you off. If you are serious with the representment charge you need to claim that in a written form.
Old Jul 4, 2020, 4:47 am

If you just phoned in, than Amex has fobbed you off. If you are serious with the representment charge you need to claim that in a written form.
Not really. The represented charges were recredited to my account for about 2 weeks before one of them was recharged a second time. One of the charges remains off my account, presumably waiting for Swiss to dispute that too.

I reached Swiss by phone today too, who gave me BS about routinely disputing chargebacks “in the customers’ interest”. Apparently, they were telling me, CC companies would then not refund unused taxes and fees. Swiss would do this if I am just patient enough to wait another 4-5 weeks for them to refund normally.

My lawyers have received instructions and will be filing next week.
Old Jul 4, 2020, 8:23 am

Not really. The represented charges were recredited to my account for about 2 weeks before one of them was recharged a second time. One of the charges remains off my account, presumably waiting for Swiss to dispute that too.

I reached Swiss by phone today too, who gave me BS about routinely disputing chargebacks “in the customers’ interest”. Apparently, they were telling me, CC companies would then not refund unused taxes and fees. Swiss would do this if I am just patient enough to wait another 4-5 weeks for them to refund normally.

My lawyers have received instructions and will be filing next week.
Absolutely ridiculous.
Old Jul 4, 2020, 3:43 pm

Originally Posted by capedreamer
Absolutely ridiculous.
I was impressed by their imagination. I am also mulling a criminal complaint, since I consider this deliberate, but doubt it would ever go amywhere.
capedreamer likes this.
Old Jul 5, 2020, 1:04 am
Suspended

Was just notified that both of my LX flights have been changed, seems LX CXed the flights I booked and moved me to their other flight which Outbound is +12 hrs and Inbound is - 12 hours.

Good thing they are connecting flights and not on LX tkt stk, so getting a refund from UA should be alot easier then dealing with LX

Only problem is all *A flights now are thru the roof, not even sure my final destination will let me in but its for late Sept, but thankfully there are still some very decnt options available
Old Jul 8, 2020, 8:09 am

Programs: UA Gold = nothing, UA Million Miler; Alaska MVP Gold 100K
Question:
US Citizen holding a segment on LX ARN/ZRH 1 September in Y.
With our wonderful government leadership (sarcasm) which has enacted the EU Travel Ban for US Citizens, we're going to have to cancel this flight (our travel from the states to ARN was on a separate ticket on LH - which is in the process of being refunded due to LH canceling NYC/FRA).
LX is pushing back stating the flight is still operating, I'm pushing back stating we can't enter the EU due to restrictions.
Shall I continue the fight or just go after a voucher? Fare was approximately $65.00 USD
Many thanks.
Stay safe.

Last edited by FragranceMarketingGuy; Jul 8, 2020 at 8:14 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.