Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Covid19: Swiss refunds after cancellation

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2020, 6:47 am

Programs: LH SEN
I can't help thinking that all this is counterproductive for LH and LX.

I for one have now been going through all my credit card statements to check for inconstencies in billing for pee-Covid flights and have now filed additional refund requests.
Old May 27, 2020, 7:41 am

Originally Posted by bobhope2
I for one have now been going through all my credit card statements to check for inconstencies in billing for pee-Covid flights and have now filed additional refund requests.
At risk of going offtopic, what "billing inconsistencies" did you find?
Old May 27, 2020, 8:51 am
Suspended

Programs: UA Premier Gold
As the Lufthansa board has not accepted the rescue deal with German government today , I would like to stress that the risks of a bankcruptcy application (Schutzschirmverfahren) are rising.

That mean I am still recommending playing hardball with the card issueing bank and to continue disputing the representment charges. Guys, do not give up and believe all the BS from Swiss and the banks.
cbourl likes this.
Old May 27, 2020, 9:21 am

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by mmff
At risk of going offtopic, what "billing inconsistencies" did you find?
I had a couple of bookings at the beginning of the year whereby I had cancelled within the 24 hour period directly after booking - i.e. the card is not meant to be charged at all, but Swiss had actually billed my card.
Old May 27, 2020, 11:06 pm

If your flight is from/to the United States and Swiss continues to refuse to refund, you may consider filing a "formal" complaint with the DOT like the ones that have been recently filed against other airlines; https://www.regulations.gov/searchRe...ktst=Complaint

The formal DOT complaint process is different that the regular DOT complaint and can lead to a quicker initiation of an investigation by the DOT against the airline.

I can provide a template for the DOT complaint: https://1drv.ms/w/s!AklJ9LhoHVh_cFiHlEiQzbdCghU
Old May 28, 2020, 3:07 am

Question for those that have a better understanding of both German and Swiss law than me!

If the LH Group in Germany enters bankruptcy protection, how does that affect people who have LX 724 issued (or even OS/SN) tickets? Surely the contract would be with Swiss who aren't in bankruptcy, and have been given loans by the Swiss government? Or would the bankruptcy of the parent group also affect this?
Old May 28, 2020, 3:11 am
Suspended

Or would the bankruptcy of the parent group also affect this
If Lufthansa parent goes into administration, it is likely that LX will follow that path as well.
But, yes, if yu have a LX-issues ticket and LX is not filing for bankcruptcy, then you can still enforce a court title/writ against them.
    Dave_C and cbourl like this.
    Old May 28, 2020, 3:25 am

Programs: A3 *G, LX *G, AF *S
    Originally Posted by Dave_C
    Question for those that have a better understanding of both German and Swiss law than me!

If the LH Group in Germany enters bankruptcy protection, how does that affect people who have LX 724 issued (or even OS/SN) tickets? Surely the contract would be with Swiss who aren't in bankruptcy, and have been given loans by the Swiss government? Or would the bankruptcy of the parent group also affect this?
    Just as a heads-up: the loans of the Swiss government are seemingly contingent on the state aid to LH. So no aid for LH means no loans to LX (at least that's the current position).
    Old May 28, 2020, 3:46 am

Programs: LHSen UA1K VAGold QFSilv HHon Diamond ShangrilaJade Radisson Gold SPG Gold Marriott Gold Hertz Presi
    Originally Posted by Carpacchio
    Just as a heads-up: the loans of the Swiss government are seemingly contingent on the state aid to LH. So no aid for LH means no loans to LX (at least that's the current position).
    Das isch super guet!
    Old May 28, 2020, 7:18 am

Just a small update, now Swiss airline claim that my bank cancelled the transaction and I should ask them for a refund.

I asked for an evidence of that and they sent me an email with useless information.
    Old May 28, 2020, 1:16 pm

Programs: BA Silver
    So, the plot thickens.
    After my dispute was refused by AMEX due to Swiss providing acceptable documentation, today I received said documentation. (my flight was cancelled by Swiss)

They are now claiming that the refund is not due (light fare so non refundable), as it is my responsibility to ensure I would have been allowed entry into the destination country. Swiss were not satisfied that the destination's border police would allow entry.

Two problems with this:
    1) I am a national of that country so of course I would be allowed entry
    2) the flight did not operate on that day so no 1) is irrelevant.

The fight continues.
    Old May 28, 2020, 1:28 pm
    Suspended

Yes, you should now initiate the representment chargeback against Swiss.

Swiss were not satisfied that the destination's border police would allow entry.
    What a load of bull - as if (before cancelling the flight) anyone of Swiss has looked into the fact whether you in particular are allowed to enter the destination country or not.

They are now claiming that the refund is not due (light fare so non refundable),
    With such an utter disregard of the law and cheaky way of manipulation, if I were Carsten Spohr or Thomas Klühr, I'd so ashamed - to come up with such ridiculous statements just to avoid going into bankcruptcy.
    Old May 28, 2020, 3:04 pm

Programs: AC E75K
    Originally Posted by nufnuf77
    I have a pdf download from the swiss website showing refunds allowed in case of cancellations as well, if anyone needs.
    Hi @nufnuf77 - I sent you a DM but haven't heard back, so apologies for the double ping. Could you send this PDF to me as well? Many thanks!

EDIT: Thanks for sending!

PS: For everyone else, I've also attached it here in case helpful.
    Attached Images
    Dave_C likes this.

Last edited by capedreamer; May 28, 2020 at 3:12 pm
    Old May 28, 2020, 3:08 pm

Wow. Just wow. Swiss confirmed that my booked flights are officially canceled. No per written confirmation, but per call center (and of course per Swiss timetable). I asked the call center for refunds to be processed. Call center confirmed that refunds will be processed and then issued the below. Note that the cancellation e-mail states that I requested a cancellation, now word of Swiss cancelling the flight, and that a refund may be "possible". This is outright fraudulent.
    -------

Hello Mr. YYYYYYY

Your booking has been cancelled as requested.

Tickets no.:
    xxxxxxxxxxxx

have been passed on for a possible* refund.

Best regards,
    Swiss International Air Lines
    Old May 28, 2020, 3:11 pm
    Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
    Originally Posted by whereiswaldo
    Wow. Just wow. Swiss confirmed that my booked flights are officially canceled. No per written confirmation, but per call center (and of course per Swiss timetable). I asked the call center for refunds to be processed. Call center confirmed that refunds will be processed and then issued the below. Note that the cancellation e-mail states that I requested a cancellation, now word of Swiss cancelling the flight, and that a refund may be "possible". This is outright fraudulent.
    -------

Hello Mr. YYYYYYY

Your booking has been cancelled as requested.

Tickets no.:
    xxxxxxxxxxxx

have been passed on for a possible* refund.

Best regards,
    Swiss International Air Lines
    There is nothing fraudulent. Front line agent cannot tell or guarantee what the refund is.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.