F 1 C . . + 1 F
2 / . . + 2
A D G K

. AVAILABLE <> WING F GEN FACI K GALLEY E EXIT C COT
+ OCCUPIED - LAST OFF H HANDICAP Q QUIET G GROUPS P PET
/ RESTRICTED B BULKHEAD V PREF.SEAT X BLOCKED L LEGROOM U UMNR
() SMOKING D DEPORTEE UP UP-DECK Z NO FILM I INFANT R REAR
Y CHARGEABLE
Thanks Oliver for your recommendations, the day you posted I was lucky enough to get that seat on the plane I was already booked on. So very lucky as it seems seat 1A usually gets taken very fast.
Old Mar 12, 2018, 10:22 pm

Originally Posted by f4freeJunior
I recommend 1A and 1D. That way your baby can sleep well in 1A bassinet while you can enjoy a meal with your wife on 1D thanks to the ottoman.
Also think about bringing something on board to protect the bassinet from light disruptions. As the cabin lights are usually turned on during meal times it is much easier for the baby if it can sleep in the dark.
Works well for us. Our baby normally gets a 10h solid sleep and has not been crying even once on all those flights we have taken her along with us, believe it or not. Funny enough we just recently checked with a medical doctor (for something else) but he confirmed that pain related to ear pressure are very unlikly to happen to her. She has been gifted with wonderful ears that are 100% fit to fly .

Good luck and enjoy your flight.
Thanks! Do you have any pictures that you could send me by private message? To see how things are set up in the plane. And may I ask how old your baby was when he took the plane for the first time?
Old Mar 13, 2018, 2:42 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
The ottman opposite your seat has fittings that the cot clips into. So the cot is usually at the feet of the person.
Old Apr 4, 2018, 2:51 am

Programs: LX HON Circle
Originally Posted by Pandux
Thanks! Do you have any pictures that you could send me by private message? To see how things are set up in the plane. And may I ask how old your baby was when he took the plane for the first time?
Hi Pandux
Sorry for the delay. I went through all the pictures but did not find any with her being asleep in the bassinet on LX. But it is very easy, just put a blanket on top of the cabin door/wall and the TV.
My daughter took her first flight when she was 4 months old. Her first time in F was at 10 months. I would never have taken her to F if she would not have successfully completed more than 10 flights in Y/C without crying prior it.
Old Apr 11, 2018, 6:42 am

Originally Posted by f4freeJunior
I recommend 1A and 1D. That way your baby can sleep well in 1A bassinet while you can enjoy a meal with your wife on 1D thanks to the ottoman.
If I book 1A and subsequently someone with a baby needs to fly will I be moved? Just curious to know if that has happened to anyone.
Old Apr 11, 2018, 6:50 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by dsched
If I book 1A and subsequently someone with a baby needs to fly will I be moved? Just curious to know if that has happened to anyone.
Hasn't happened to me but is theoretically possible, although chances are slim. Seat reservations can always be changed for operational reasons.
chris63 likes this.
Old May 19, 2018, 2:35 am

Programs: UA:1k; MR: PLT; Hilton: Gold
Anybody know which are the bassinet seats in the J cabin? Don’t need one but will need to trade seats on board to sit next to my +1 and don’t want to end up with a seat mate that can’t switch because he/she needs the bassinet. 4J is my specific concern. Thanks
Old Mar 26, 2020, 4:54 am

Programs: A3 *G
Swiss 777 J bulkhead seats

Have I got it right that bulkhead seats in J on Swiss 777's don't suffer from the narrowing foot space seen in the rest of the J seats?
Old Mar 26, 2020, 4:30 pm

Programs: SQ *G, UA *G, BA Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by eshroom
Have I got it right that bulkhead seats in J on Swiss 777's don't suffer from the narrowing foot space seen in the rest of the J seats?
Yes. 4A for instance is a great seat, footwell is very roomy and I always get a good sleep.
eshroom likes this.
Old Apr 4, 2020, 5:22 pm

Programs: A3 *G
Originally Posted by volutes
Yes. 4A for instance is a great seat, footwell is very roomy and I always get a good sleep.
Great, thanks! Reserved 4J and 4K.
Old Apr 12, 2020, 7:57 am

Programs: BAEC
I've booked to fly on the SWISS 777 in Economy from ZRH to SIN. Reading reports on here; how bad is LX 777 economy class!? Usually fly with British Airways; so quite a low benchmark - but seems the inflight service is pretty good going on LX longhaul services?
Old Apr 12, 2020, 8:58 am

Assuming the flight still does happen: It's terrible. Sure, it's quite a new aircraft, so you get an ok'ish IFE, but the seats are tight - and I mean tight - so unless I get an exit row I'd not fly 777 in Y.

And even with Exit Row, I'd still prefer a generic aisle seat on a SQ A380 over Exit Row on an LX 777. I'd pay quite the premium to fly SQ over LX in Y.
Old Apr 12, 2020, 10:13 am

Originally Posted by YuropFlyer
Assuming the flight still does happen: It's terrible. Sure, it's quite a new aircraft, so you get an ok'ish IFE, but the seats are tight - and I mean tight - so unless I get an exit row I'd not fly 777 in Y.

And even with Exit Row, I'd still prefer a generic aisle seat on a SQ A380 over Exit Row on an LX 777. I'd pay quite the premium to fly SQ over LX in Y.
Agree. The 777 is overall a horrible plane.
goliath and behuman like this.
Old Apr 12, 2020, 4:10 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by curt
Agree. The 777 is overall a horrible plane.
There's nothing at all wrong with the 77W. The KE, JL, and SQ configurations are among the best economy cabins in the sky. It's the carriers who have elected to go 10 across in Y who are to blame for the miserable passenger experience.
Old Apr 13, 2020, 12:56 pm

Programs: LH SENATOR
I wouldn't be suprised that we will see most B77W's stored at LX once operations will begin step by step. Given the low demand at fist we might see the A330/A340 fleet to be deployed first, assuming that most destinations will get maybe less than daily frequencies at first and only once demand picks up etc we will see the B77W's back in business.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.