Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2016, 12:44 pm

Programs: UA 1MM for a while now, AS for a minute, BAEC newly minted Gold
Looking for an LX 181 Business Report

deleted

Last edited by cyborg; Jun 2, 2018 at 1:18 pm Reason: Moving on from Flyertalk
Old Jul 20, 2016, 7:07 am

Programs: SPG Gold, Aeroplan, Hilton Honors, Le Club Accor Platinum
Flew the 777 in J last month from YUL to ZRH. Seats were great. Lots of room and very comfortable. Excellent flight. Flight attendants were very friendly.
Only negative was the food service. Flight attendants served a couple passengers their food and then served drinks several times (stopping to chat with some passengers 15 - 30 mins at a time).
2+ hours after takeoff the rest of the J cabin was served their meal, everything at once (appetizers, main course, cheese and desert).
Old Jul 23, 2016, 8:58 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK*G EL, KL P ELPL, ex AB P, ex LH/LX Sen, HHonors D4L, Bonvoy P
Originally Posted by 1011TriStar
Only negative was the food service. Flight attendants served a couple passengers their food and then served drinks several times (stopping to chat with some passengers 15 - 30 mins at a time).
2+ hours after takeoff the rest of the J cabin was served their meal, everything at once (appetizers, main course, cheese and desert).
I don't think this is 777 related. I certainly had this pattern before on 330/340 operated flights. On a red eye like YULZRH I find it completely unacceptable. As a matter of fact, this is one of the reasons I tend to avoid LX ...
Old Jul 28, 2016, 8:23 pm

Programs: BA, AA, SPG, US, DL
Swiss 777 economy pitch

Fly zurich yul in october in economy. Want to reserve seats. Swiss web say i can spend to the front of the cabin where the pitch is bigger. However, seatguru say all economy seats are same pitch. Who is right ?
Old Aug 2, 2016, 6:53 pm

Programs: 1 thousand
Originally Posted by danlauz
Fly zurich yul in october in economy. Want to reserve seats. Swiss web say i can spend to the front of the cabin where the pitch is bigger. However, seatguru say all economy seats are same pitch. Who is right ?
Which specific seats are you referring to? The Swiss website doesn't claim that "preferred" zone has extra legroom. However it's entirely possible that the bulkhead/exit seats seats do have more space (middle door at 23 ABC/HJK, 22 DEFG, or door 4 at 39 ABC/HJK, 40 DEFG). In fact the window group ABC/HJK at the exits are pretty much guaranteed to have bags and bags of legroom.

Just wondering, what's the access policy for (non-LX) *G for either preferred or legroom seats? (Not that I ever want to take this plane unless I'm in J or F.)
Old Aug 2, 2016, 7:34 pm

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
Originally Posted by televisor
Just wondering, what's the access policy for (non-LX) *G for either preferred or legroom seats?
You can buy them at the same price as John Doe.
Old Aug 3, 2016, 4:15 am

Originally Posted by airoli
Or get them for free at OLCI.
Old Aug 8, 2016, 12:38 am

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Originally Posted by airoli
Unfortunately, "normal width seats" are unfortunately not offered at this stage .
Old Aug 8, 2016, 8:24 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
I flew the 777 from ZRH to ATH last week; got a free opup to business and chose one of the 'throne' seats. Had a great flight, but I did notice that a few times I accidentally activated the seat controls as they are integrated into the armrest. Am I the only one experiencing this issue?

My next Swiss flight will again be on the 777 intra europe; however this time I booked business. Lets hope for an opup to First?
Old Aug 9, 2016, 11:48 pm

Programs: QF gold, HH Diamond, VA plat, Aegean Gold
Originally Posted by cyborg
Anyone have a trip report from LX 181 BKK-ZRH in Business on the 777?

Cheers,

-Cyborg
Flew it 9 August in J. Full lunch the light dinner. Meals were average expecially dessert. Staff never once came around cabin outside meal times to check if you needed a drink. Whilst friendly enough no interaction attempted other than asking you food drink orders
First time in 4 years flying Swiss and won't go out of my way to fly them again
Old Aug 12, 2016, 11:41 pm

777 F

Always liked the 777 and a good choice by LX.
Just had a round trip to Asia in F. Everything in F to my satisfaction. Huge improvement to 340/330. 👍
Old Aug 18, 2016, 11:19 am

is there any seat in 777 business class that's missing window like the first row of bigger business cabin in the old a340? I've seen photos of second row of smaller biz cabin and first row of bigger biz cabin, and it seems like these have at least misaligned window in 777
Old Aug 29, 2016, 3:06 pm

Programs: AS 100K
has anyone sat in the business mini cabin right behind F? if so, how was it?

I'll be flying LAX-ZRH in a couple of weeks and my pre-assigned seat is 5G, which is the second row center section in the mini cabin, right in front of the galley. I'm kind of worried about the galley noise (thanks BA for scarring me for life!! ).

How about the footwells? are they tight? are throne seat footwells tighter than the doubles?

thanks!
Old Aug 30, 2016, 5:30 am

Programs: LH SEN**, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Only know the B777 from seat 4A , but I would not be worried about the galley noise, as the seat is more private/enclosed, as compared to the 'old' C seats on the A343/333. In 5K I never had any issues.
Old Aug 30, 2016, 7:46 am

How would you rate 5K on the B777 compared to 5K on the A343/333?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.