Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Just flew the new B777-300ER [merged experience reports]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10, 2017, 10:36 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by goliath
My comment was referring to the "...and have status on LX" part.

I know the whole story about UA codeshares / tickets (travelled on some myself) and the dedicated thread about it, but none of that has anything to do with status.
Your post indicated that flying LX F is sufficient. It's not. It was particularly unclear given that OP had specifically raised the ticket stock issue.
Old Nov 10, 2017, 10:44 am

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Kacee
Your post indicated that flying LX F is sufficient.
Hence my clarification. @:-)
Old Nov 27, 2017, 3:11 pm

Programs: DL Silver, AC E75K, Chatime Elite
Seat 4D

I booked seat 4D on my flight from ZRH-BKK (mini-cabin).

I know the galley is just inches away on the other side of the bulkhead from the pics I've seen on FT and online.

Would it be very noticeable (light and sound) if I've got my noise-cancelling headphones and/or earplugs on while sleeping?

I would imagine there won't be too much back and forth traffic from First Class to the Business Class galley, so I'm inclined to stay there for now.

Thanks!
Old Nov 27, 2017, 10:21 pm
Marriott 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
4D's footwell is way better than most other seats. Also, the galley isn't near, you'r behind a door that leads to F. The galley is behind the mini-cabin

I have flown in 4D. It's one of the better seats in J. Sadly, even despite being swiss, I'm losing a bit of my love for LX since I'm not super impressed with their J product. F on the other hand is another story… ridiculously good!
Old Nov 28, 2017, 1:28 am

Programs: LX SEN
Originally Posted by TTC192Rocket

I know the galley is just inches away on the other side of the bulkhead from the pics I've seen on FT and online.

Would it be very noticeable (light and sound) if I've got my noise-cancelling headphones and/or earplugs on while sleeping?

I would imagine there won't be too much back and forth traffic from First Class to the Business Class galley, so I'm inclined to stay there for now.
Galley is not an issue, as it is reasonnably far behind. To my recollection, the F beding storage is in the C mini cabin between row 4 and F. The only disturbance that you will get will come from the crew accessing that storage.

Re ANR headphones: they are definitely necessary on that noisy plane, and LX does not provide any.
Old Nov 28, 2017, 5:10 am

Programs: DL Silver, AC E75K, Chatime Elite
Thanks, Helvetic and Nic33. I've set an expertflyer alerts for the thrones, and will check at T-48 hrs, but 4D and 5D are my alternates if I can't snag such a seat.

​​​​​
Old Mar 4, 2018, 9:31 am

Cool Traveling with a newborn in LX - F 777

Hello guys,

In July i will travel with LX from HKG to LHR via ZRH in F with my wife and our newborn baby (at that time around 1 month old). Does anyone have experience or recommendations about traveling with newborns in the new 777- F? Do they have baby bassinets on these types of planes? I know I will have to pay 10% of the full fare for the baby. What other extra costs are there?

Thanks in advance!
Old Mar 5, 2018, 12:50 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by Pandux
Hello guys,

In July i will travel with LX from HKG to LHR via ZRH in F with my wife and our newborn baby (at that time around 1 month old). Does anyone have experience or recommendations about traveling with newborns in the new 777- F? Do they have baby bassinets on these types of planes? I know I will have to pay 10% of the full fare for the baby. What other extra costs are there?

Thanks in advance!
They do have bassinets and there is no other cost than the 10 percent lap child fare.

Old Mar 5, 2018, 4:54 am

Originally Posted by worldclubber

They do have bassinets and there is no other cost than the 10 percent lap child fare.

Hi, do you know which of these 6 seats are the ones allowing to put the baby bassinet? I know that business class only has them in the 4th row. Do you know of any reviews or pictures that I could check out? A Google search did not yield any satisfying results.
Old Mar 5, 2018, 7:27 am

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
Hi, do you know which of these 6 seats are the ones allowing to put the baby bassinet?
A call to the airline works wonders... @:-)
Old Mar 5, 2018, 7:31 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Hi, do you know which of these 6 seats are the ones allowing to put the baby bassinet?
1A is the designated seat which has the fittings to hold the baby cot on the LX B77W.
Old Mar 5, 2018, 7:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by oliver2002
1A is the designated seat which has the fittings to hold the baby cot on the LX B77W.
so it is & then why they always block 2A is a mistery.....
Old Mar 5, 2018, 7:37 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Who knows...

Code:
SM LX 0139/F/12SEPHKGZRH/V                                                      
SM LX  0139  F 12SEP HKGZRH        77W                                          
        A     D  G     K                                                        
F  1    C     .  .     +   1  F                                                 
   2    /     .  .     +   2                                                    
        A     D  G     K                                                        

. AVAILABLE   <> WING     F GEN FACI   K GALLEY   E EXIT    C COT               
+ OCCUPIED    - LAST OFF  H HANDICAP   Q QUIET    G GROUPS  P PET               
/ RESTRICTED  B BULKHEAD  V PREF.SEAT  X BLOCKED  L LEGROOM U UMNR              
() SMOKING    D DEPORTEE  UP UP-DECK   Z NO FILM  I INFANT  R REAR              
Y CHARGEABLE
Old Mar 5, 2018, 3:31 pm

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Hi, do you know which of these 6 seats are the ones allowing to put the baby bassinet? I know that business class only has them in the 4th row. Do you know of any reviews or pictures that I could check out? A Google search did not yield any satisfying results.
There are 8 seats and, as oliver2002 mentioned already, 1A is the designated bassinet seat.

Enjoy the flight.
Old Mar 7, 2018, 8:30 pm

Programs: LX HON Circle
I recommend 1A and 1D. That way your baby can sleep well in 1A bassinet while you can enjoy a meal with your wife on 1D thanks to the ottoman.
Also think about bringing something on board to protect the bassinet from light disruptions. As the cabin lights are usually turned on during meal times it is much easier for the baby if it can sleep in the dark.
Works well for us. Our baby normally gets a 10h solid sleep and has not been crying even once on all those flights we have taken her along with us, believe it or not. Funny enough we just recently checked with a medical doctor (for something else) but he confirmed that pain related to ear pressure are very unlikly to happen to her. She has been gifted with wonderful ears that are 100% fit to fly .

Good luck and enjoy your flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.