Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Just flew the new B777-300ER [merged experience reports]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2016, 6:29 am

Programs: LH SEN**, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by duan
How would you rate 5K on the B777 compared to 5K on the A343/333?
Sorry, if I was not clear, but I did not sit in 5K on the B777, but from this picture (post #805; another odd numbered K seat though):

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/swiss...thread-54.html

and the seat map, it seems like a pretty nice seat. In particular, as the seat is a bit further away from the window/wall as compared to 5K on the A343/333, but still has some distance to the aisle.
Old Sep 29, 2016, 2:56 pm

Question In-flight storage question

Hi,

I hope someone here will be able to help. I've googled and searched but haven't found a definite answer.

I'll be flying zrh - lax on the 777-300ER, eat 39A. This is a bulkhead/exit seat with what looks like a divider between the exit and row. I know that I will have to store my hand luggage in the bin for take off and landing but does this hold true for during the flight as well? I generally put my feet up on my bag during flights, especially this long, so this is pretty important for me.

Thanks!
Old Sep 30, 2016, 5:07 pm

Programs: LX HON Circle
Originally Posted by ReluctantlyFlying
Hi,

II generally put my feet up on my bag during flights, especially this long, so this is pretty important for me.

Thanks!
No problem at all mate.
Old Sep 30, 2016, 5:54 pm

Programs: AS 100K
Originally Posted by atcanobbio
has anyone sat in the business mini cabin right behind F? if so, how was it?

I'll be flying LAX-ZRH in a couple of weeks and my pre-assigned seat is 5G, which is the second row center section in the mini cabin, right in front of the galley. I'm kind of worried about the galley noise (thanks BA for scarring me for life!! ).

How about the footwells? are they tight? are throne seat footwells tighter than the doubles?

thanks!
just an update...i sat on 5G in the mini cabin on Sept 14th on my way to ZRH and I loved it. I was nervous about being right in-front of the galley but any noise in the galley was cancelled by the fairly loud (or louder than usual) "fan" (or chiller...not sure what the source was) that you can only hear in the mini cabin. Overall, mini cabin felt very private with minimal foot traffic. I would not hesitate seating in the mini-cabin again. Great flight overall, FA's and catering were great and seat was very good. Not the biggest fan of the Swiss J seat but this updated version was spacious (especially in the footwell). Slept a solid 5-6hrs.

Note: returning from MUC, i flew on AA's 77W. Also sat in the mini cabin right behind the F cabin and it also had the same exact fan noise. has anyone noticed it? Again, it didn't bother me since it tuned out any other cabin noise. Some people might be bothered by it though.
Old Oct 12, 2016, 6:17 pm

Throne seat or mini-cabin in 773

I'm flying J-class on the LX 773 from ZRH to BKK in March. I was assigned 4K which is the only available window seat in the forward mini-cabin (to non-elites) and is green in seatguru. I could also pick a throne seat in any of rows 7 and 14-17. Any recommendations?

Last edited by claurianta2; Oct 12, 2016 at 6:27 pm
Old Oct 18, 2016, 10:22 pm
Marriott 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
Originally Posted by claurianta2
I'm flying J-class on the LX 773 from ZRH to BKK in March. I was assigned 4K which is the only available window seat in the forward mini-cabin (to non-elites) and is green in seatguru. I could also pick a throne seat in any of rows 7 and 14-17. Any recommendations?
Take the throne if you can. Otherwise, you've got a very good seat… but you just can't beat not having a neighbor.
Old Oct 21, 2016, 4:00 am

Programs: Star Alliance SENATOR
One way Eco and One way Business on 777

I just flew Eco one way and Business the other way back (ZRH-BKK-ZRH).
I have to say that Business Class is WOW on the 777. I love it, absolutely love it. HOWEVER.......... Eco is terrible. I hate hate hate hate (did I say I hate it?) the 3-4-3 config for SWISS on Eco. They are going to lose me as a flier really quick with this. It couldn't be more cramped if they tried. I was luckily (!!!) on the front row, which was good/acceptable, but walking to the bathroom between the seats was a pain in the a$$. I am so disappointed in SWISS.
Old Nov 12, 2016, 4:34 pm

Programs: MM, EK, HH, etc.
Originally Posted by claurianta2
Definitely take the throne seat. The issue with the AB and JK double seats is that there is less storage/space available, especially between the two seats, compared obviously to the single seats. If you end up on the 777 as a solo traveller with no single seat availability and are not bent on a window seat you may also want to consider the centre aisle doubles as follows: 4D,5G,6G, 7D, etc., since that way you will still get the broader console between the seat and the aisle.
Old Nov 12, 2016, 6:14 pm

Location: my heart is on the shores of the north Italian lakes
Programs: LX Senator Lifetime, Relais&Chateaux Club5C, ex ! "Amanjunkie", ex LHW LC, hate chain hotels
Originally Posted by Wtravel
you may also want to consider the centre aisle doubles as follows: 4D,5G,6G, 7D, etc., since that way you will still get the broader console between the seat and the aisle.
4 G and 5 D - the seat plans https://www.swiss.com/mk/en/fly/fleet/boeing.html are wrong. On 4 G you get the high partition on your right and the large central rest and on 5 D you get the high partition on your left.

This said 4 G is blocked for elites. 7 A (a throne) in general not.

For one time https://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Sw...htno=180&date= is correct .
Old Nov 18, 2016, 5:51 am

Programs: EBD , FBG
Hi,

I'm traveling with my girlfriend from Zurich to Singapore next Wednesday. We are currently in 11J and 11K. Can see that this seat does not have a window, but that's not such an important issue.

Are J and K good for couples, or should we rather move to the middle seats, D and G?
Any recommendations?

Thanks !
Old Nov 18, 2016, 11:54 am

Programs: LX SEN
I would choose the middle seats, as 1 of you 2 would benefit from a very large armrest on the corridor side (with storage space). This being said, the difference is not spectacular (unlike what you can get if you travel single in a so-called "throne" seat).
Old Nov 26, 2016, 1:38 am

Hello,
I will fly swiss 777 in economy class soon. I paid for a pair of seats (50 jk) but seatguru and some LX staff told me the tray table was in the armrest reducing seat width. But when i look at the picture of these seats in the 1st post, there is no. Is this only with the hb jna or is it the same with all the aircrafts.I hate tray table in seatarms so to be sure for the return I chose 51 jk . Is the recline the same than other seats?
Thanks
Old Dec 14, 2016, 10:00 am

Programs: QF Gold, AA Gold, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold
Quick question for those who have flown on the 777 a few times.

For a fairly light load (45% as of now), would you rather sit in the mini cabin with all 10 seats occupied? Or the main cabin with only around 20 out of the 50 or so seats taken?

Thanks!
Old Dec 14, 2016, 12:26 pm

Programs: LX SEN
I would consider to sit in the first row of the mini cabin, not in the second row which is too close to the galley to my view.
Old Dec 15, 2016, 2:45 am

Originally Posted by firefighterr
I just flew Eco one way and Business the other way back (ZRH-BKK-ZRH).
I have to say that Business Class is WOW on the 777. I love it, absolutely love it. HOWEVER.......... Eco is terrible. I hate hate hate hate (did I say I hate it?) the 3-4-3 config for SWISS on Eco. They are going to lose me as a flier really quick with this. It couldn't be more cramped if they tried. I was luckily (!!!) on the front row, which was good/acceptable, but walking to the bathroom between the seats was a pain in the a$$. I am so disappointed in SWISS.
That seems to be pretty much what everyone feels about. Good, solid product in C (and F - but F nowadays is more about if you prefer the traditional F product like LH, LX, or if you prefer "Bling" like EK&Co) but extremely cramped in Y. Honestly I've experienced the 777 with 3-4-3 on other airlines (EK, and if I remember correctly AF twice but that's a bit ago) and it wasn't anything as bad/tight as with LX.

As old as their A340's were, if you were a couple travelling and you got window/aisle, it was quite acceptable (seat-wise) - with the 777, it's imho below what I'll consider to fly in the future. But luckily, LH is trying to push their fine Y+ products for TK-like fares at the moment (and adding the 45 CHF voucher, I can often get it to price below regular Y entry prices!) with tight connections via FRA and MUC, that becomes a solid alternative especially for the late-evening departures (where for me personally, it doesn't matter so much if I depart ZRH at 8 or 10pm..)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.