Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Seat selection 2A/2K - LX F

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2012, 11:45 am

I found out seat 1A had already been reserved for my recently booked LX F m&m award when I logged on to lh.com to pick a seat today. All the other window seats are blocked out online, though.
Old Jan 4, 2012, 3:51 pm

Programs: LH, AB, SPG, CC, Sixt, EC
Originally Posted by ZKOKA
I found out seat 1A had already been reserved for my recently booked LX F m&m award when I logged on to lh.com to pick a seat today. All the other window seats are blocked out online, though.
Which doesn't mean anything. The cabin is probably still wide open and you can choose 2A (my favorite) or 2K upon checkin.
Old Jan 5, 2012, 5:32 am

Originally Posted by supermasterphil
Which doesn't mean anything. The cabin is probably still wide open and you can choose 2A (my favorite) or 2K upon checkin.
Don't get me wrong, I am happy with 1A for now ^ On a recent LX F flight (BD award ticket) I could not even select a window seat at check-in, even though there were 2 available My understanding is that even row 1 window seats are hard to get on award reservations, hence the feedback in this thread.
Old Jan 21, 2012, 2:05 pm

Programs: US,PC
1k,2k

Emailed and got assigned 1k,2k for del-zrh-del LX F. Confirmed via phone too. this was us airways award ticket

Dracs

Last edited by dracs; Jan 21, 2012 at 2:16 pm Reason: more info
Old Feb 2, 2012, 5:11 pm
bxs

Just rung Swiss number and told all windows are taken. Left it at that and called the US number and again advised all seats are taken. This time probed a little more and agent admits its blocked and not taken!

Fine. Can you please assign me 2A if it is not taken. Then got put in hold Dow few minutes and came a rather strange reply. I'm sorry sir, window seats are reserved for passengers with baby or pets!! What?? Are you kidding me? Seat map doesn't even show a bassinet for 2A.

Then requested to speak to supervisor and after on hold for 10 minutes, agent came back and said we will call you back!
Old Feb 3, 2012, 8:27 am

Programs: LH, AB, SPG, CC, Sixt, EC
Originally Posted by bxs
Just rung Swiss number and told all windows are taken. Left it at that and called the US number and again advised all seats are taken. This time probed a little more and agent admits its blocked and not taken!

Fine. Can you please assign me 2A if it is not taken. Then got put in hold Dow few minutes and came a rather strange reply. I'm sorry sir, window seats are reserved for passengers with baby or pets!! What?? Are you kidding me? Seat map doesn't even show a bassinet for 2A.

Then requested to speak to supervisor and after on hold for 10 minutes, agent came back and said we will call you back!
Standard procedure with LX! Wait until the time comes to check-in and be sure to be on time and you will likely find a seat at the window!
Old Feb 22, 2012, 8:59 pm

Programs: UA MM Gold, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Just came across this thread....

I'm booked NRT-ZRH in F on an award ticket in a couple of weeks.

Seat map is showing 1 A,K and 2 A,K blocked. Called the US number - was told they are "not available".

Right now, I'm the only person showing in F.

I don't understand this policy either.
Old Feb 23, 2012, 2:20 am

Location: my heart is on the shores of the north Italian lakes
Programs: LX Senator Lifetime, Relais&Chateaux Club5C, ex ! "Amanjunkie", ex LHW LC, hate chain hotels
Originally Posted by JeepGuyDE
Just came across this thread....

I'm booked NRT-ZRH in F on an award ticket in a couple of weeks.

Seat map is showing 1 A,K and 2 A,K blocked. Called the US number - was told they are "not available".

Right now, I'm the only person showing in F.

I don't understand this policy either.
This is the right policy of LX to the advantage of:

- its fare with money paying passengers and
- its own elites flying on an award.

People flying F tend to be alone, so these 4 seats are in high demand.

*alliance gold members can get seats allocated sometimes. I always recommend to call their Basel call center. Are you UA gold ? If yes, I can PM you the number.
Old Feb 23, 2012, 6:08 am

Programs: DL PM - IC RA - HHonors Gold - Hertz Gold - AA - US - CO - Choice Privileges
Originally Posted by behuman

People flying F tend to be alone, so these 4 seats are in high demand.
One situation not to the advantage of the solo traveler. Flying to Mumbai in July and noted no options to book seats on Swiss
Old Feb 28, 2012, 7:39 am

No problems switching from 1A on a M&M award with UA*G (agent referred to it as SEN, so they don't seem to differentiate all that much between SEN and *G ^) on the reservation, the agent assigned 2K within seconds.
Old Mar 31, 2012, 4:01 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
I have two one-way awards in F coming up, one using BMI miles and the other using M&M miles (not available with *A miles).

I did not ask for any specific seat for the first award but had been assigned 1A. I was able to change it to 2A online on lufthansa.com, which I later confirmed by calling Basel. EF is now showing both 1A and 2A as occupied.

When I booked the second award using M&M miles, the HON Circle agent was unable to assign me a window seat. I called Basel and was given a choice of 1K or 2K.

How come I was assigned a window seat without asking for my BMI award but could not get one for my M&M award?
Old Mar 31, 2012, 5:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Travelling as a couple I've got 2D/G assigned. I take it this is the best option unless we want to sit apart, or do you think that the benefit of the window outstrips sitting next to each other?

Can we actually communicate with each other easily in these seats?
Old Mar 31, 2012, 10:30 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by hugolover
Travelling as a couple I've got 2D/G assigned. I take it this is the best option unless we want to sit apart, or do you think that the benefit of the window outstrips sitting next to each other?

Will you be on the 343 or 333?

2D/G on 343

2D/G on 333

Old Mar 31, 2012, 10:46 am

I would go with the center pair. Windows are nice, but in F seats you are generally far away from the window so that getting a good view is a bit tough, compared to Y.
Old Mar 31, 2012, 12:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Platinum, DL Platinum, AFKL Gold, Qatar Gold

Take the middle seats if you are traveling as a couple. You will love it ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.