Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Seat selection 2A/2K - LX F

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18, 2010, 2:29 am

Programs: BA Silver, NZ Jade, QF Bronze, A Club Platinum, Hhonors Silver
I was under the impression 2A was reserved for Flight Crew rest and have seen it used as that on one occasion. Have travelled three times LX F with my partner and always selected 2G and 2K. However, we have found like others that 2K has been reluctantly reserved.
Old Sep 18, 2010, 3:00 pm

Programs: LX HON, Emirates Skywards Gold, HH diamond, Hyatt plat
I never had any problem whatsover. 2k and 2a are my favourite seats, being furthest from the galley

Last edited by SwissHON; Sep 25, 2010 at 4:41 am
Old Sep 21, 2010, 6:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Platinum, DL Platinum, AFKL Gold, Qatar Gold
I did not call them but made another request for the seat 2K on LX188, mentioning that I am *A Gold without talking about the whole itinerary.

Dear Mr thyeri,

Thank you for writing to us.

We have reviewed your request and wish to share the following information with you:

Please note the seat has been reserved for you and will be confirmed upon the checkin.

Sincerely yours

xx yy
SWISS E-Mail Service Center-Team R1C
However, when I try to have a look at the available seats on Expedia, 2K still shows "available". Is there any other website where I can see the seat plan?

LX 188 - October 12
Old Sep 21, 2010, 6:37 am

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
Originally Posted by thyeri
However, when I try to have a look at the available seats on Expedia, 2K still shows "available". Is there any other website where I can see the seat plan?

LX 188 - October 12
www.expertflyer.com shows 1D and 1K as reserved, 1A and 2A as blocked. 2K is available (not even blocked as it would usually be).
Old Sep 21, 2010, 6:43 am

Programs: Miles and More

LX 188 - October 12
Also on Expertflyer seat 2k shows "available" for your flight. Only seats 1D and 1K are taken.

I assume that the service center entered the seat reservation but the reservation was rejected/kicked out by the system. I had a similar experience. After I have talked to the hotline and they confirmed reservation of 2K, 2K showed occupied for about half an hour. Afterwards 2K showed "available" again and the reservation was gone.
Old Sep 21, 2010, 6:57 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by olivier
Also on Expertflyer seat 2k shows "available" for your flight. Only seats 1D and 1K are taken.

I assume that the service center entered the seat reservation but the reservation was rejected/kicked out by the system. I had a similar experience. After I have talked to the hotline and they confirmed reservation of 2K, 2K showed occupied for about half an hour. Afterwards 2K showed "available" again and the reservation was gone.
Weird...
Expedia shows 1D (me), 1K, and 2A as taken. Everything else is available.
20 minutes ago 1A was taken too but is not anymore...
On Expedia taken means either taken or reserved I think.

The flight is full, only 2F and 1J tickets are still being sold for this flight.
I guess they will have to upgrade some J-pax to F, but when are they going to have their seats? At the airport right? Can someone be upgraded when doing the check-in online?

If they get upgraded at the airport, that leaves me enough time to do the check-in online and select my 2A/2K favorite seat. What do you think?
Old Sep 23, 2010, 1:18 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
I requested 2A or 2K last night when I called the reservation for Swiss and they gave me 2K since 2A was already taken. I'm not even a member of the M&M program...
Old Sep 23, 2010, 8:39 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Jimgotkp
I requested 2A or 2K last night when I called the reservation for Swiss and they gave me 2K since 2A was already taken. I'm not even a member of the M&M program...
Award ticket?
Ok I'm going to call LX today to try again. My flight for Shanghai is full... I would really appreciate the window seat
Old Sep 23, 2010, 10:48 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
Award ticket?
Ok I'm going to call LX today to try again. My flight for Shanghai is full... I would really appreciate the window seat
Yup! ZRH-YUL. Not sure what the seat availability is for the flight since it's on January 8. Wouldn't be surprised if I get my seat request denied in the future due to a HON.
Old Oct 14, 2010, 3:37 am
Original Poster

Little update:

I called SWISS 10 days ago to change my seat from 1D to 2A/2K. The agent said no problem, but my reservation was still showing 1D a few hours later...
I called SWISS again 2 days before departure and the agent was not able to change it.

I think the only way now to get 2A/2K, unless HON, is during check-in or at the airport...

I flew ORD-DUS with LH F before connecting to ZRH and the LH agent at the ORD lounge called a SWISS agent who was able to give me 2K.

Old Oct 14, 2010, 8:25 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Platinum
I think the only way now to get 2A/2K, unless HON, is during check-in or at the airport...

except for when i used points and booked it 4 months out.
Old Oct 14, 2010, 1:58 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jmw2323
except for when i used points and booked it 4 months out.
Again, a few months ago we did not have any trouble. I flew LX F from Chicago to Hong Kong in July and got my favorite seat at the time of booking in the spring...

Now the rules seem to have changed, and I understand it if they want to give best seats to the full fare passengers instead of US Airways members.
Old Oct 26, 2010, 5:49 am

Programs: SK, LH, BA, US, OZ, NH
Hmmmm...does this mean that when I called Swiss reervation, and the agent confirmed my seat ( 2K ) for ZRH-NRT, she didn't do it ? Or that my confirmed seat-selection could be changed...?

Where can I check that my reservation stands on US Award-ticket...? I have the booking ref. for Swiss...
Old Oct 26, 2010, 7:36 am

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
Originally Posted by LN-FHU
Hmmmm...does this mean that when I called Swiss reervation, and the agent confirmed my seat ( 2K ) for ZRH-NRT, she didn't do it ?
Yes she did. But there is always a slight chance for your seat assignment to be changed. If you want to be absolutely sure, simply call LX again 1-2 days before the flight and have them reconfirm your seat selection.
Old Oct 26, 2010, 10:02 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by airoli
Yes she did. But there is always a slight chance for your seat assignment to be changed. If you want to be absolutely sure, simply call LX again 1-2 days before the flight and have them reconfirm your seat selection.
I don't agree with you.
Maybe she said she did, but that was not really confirmed.

The agent on the phone confirmed me that it was done... still 5 minutes later on Expedia, "my" seat was showing as available.

There is no way to make sure that the seat is reserved for you. But once you get the confirmation on the phone, you should check if the seat map of available seats has changed. I use expedia for that. Compare the map before and after you call SWISS...
If the seat that was available before is now shown as taken, there is a good chance that this worked.

But still, they can change it later... Until check-in you are never sure.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.