Wiki Posts
Search

Seat selection 2A/2K - LX F

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2011, 6:27 pm

Programs: LH SEN, SPG Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by HONcircle
Normally, 1A and 1 K are blocked.
To get 2A or 2K, simply go to lufthansa's website, and go to the section 'manage my booking' and select your seat.

If it is blocked (like 1A or 1K), click on 'window' instead of selecting the seatmap, and with a bit of luck, within the minute you will get 1A or 1K.

I am talking out of experience for my recent flight HKG-ZRH in F.
I've used your method (selecting window seat) and was successfully assigned seat 1K. ^

Previously I had called the M&M line in Romania, they put in a request for 2A, but it shortly put me back in 1D. The window request online seems to do the trick, and hasn't booted me out of it.
Old Apr 2, 2011, 4:58 am
DTS

Programs: AS 75k, A3 Gold, AC 25k, IHG Plat
I tried this method as well (no status) and it didn't work this January. Got 1A at check-in though.
Old Apr 9, 2011, 3:52 pm

Programs: SK, LH, BA, US, OZ, NH
Little update here :

Because of the events in Japan, my plans have changed. I've rebooked to HKG, and again I was prebooked a middle seat. Once again I called the norwegian number for Swiss, and it took me less than 5 seconds to confirm 2K again.....and I also could choose 1A or 2A if i wanted to.

Funny.....
Old Apr 25, 2011, 3:19 am

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
To give an update on my previous experiences (see post #6) of trying to book window seats on LX F:

May '10: seats assigned with a short remark
June '10: seats assigned with a short remark
August '10: seat assigned only reluctantly after speaking to supervisor (?)
September '10: seat assigned only reluctantly and only "as an exception"

Now we had a reservation for SFO-ZRH last week. 3 of 4 windows seas were not assigned. No luck getting any window seat assigned neither online (using "window" preference or seat map) nor with SEN hotline.

Finally, after we changed the flight to a later date (0 of 4 window seats assigned), after making the change to the ticket the agent at the SEN hotline asked if we wished a seat reservation and she put us in 1K/2K without any problems.

Checking the reservation on checkmytrip.com and milesandmore.com showed our seats correctly.

But that seat assignment only lasted for about 12 hrs, then we were assigned 1D/1G, so I called again, trying to get the window seats back - no dice.

A couple of days before departure, I was able to get 2A/2D using the seatmap in milesandmore.com and at online-check-in 24hrs before departure, we got 1A/2A.

I still don't get the policy nor what sense it would make, nor was anybody at LX ever able to explain it to me.
Old Apr 25, 2011, 3:52 am

Programs: LX HON, Emirates Skywards Gold, HH diamond, Hyatt plat
I do not understand all these difficulties: I log about 30 Segments / Year in LX F and I always seem to be getting either 2A or 2K
Old Apr 25, 2011, 3:56 am

Maybe it's because you are HON and / or travelling alone?
Old Apr 27, 2011, 2:33 pm
Suspended

Programs: Many
I have no M&M status. Through calling in and requesting seats I got 2A for ZRH-JNB and 1K for NBO-ZRH.
Old May 5, 2011, 10:45 am
Dag

Tried to get rid of 1G, and was transfered to the UK call centre. She said that I could not get another seat, as the flight was full. It shows F6 and only 1G and 2K is taken, 2A is blocked.
Why lie?????
Old May 6, 2011, 9:57 am

Programs: LH, Avis, Hyatt, ...
Originally Posted by Dag
Tried to get rid of 1G, and was transfered to the UK call centre. She said that I could not get another seat, as the flight was full. It shows F6 and only 1G and 2K is taken, 2A is blocked.
Why lie?????
It is not a lie. Without status it is impossible for some flights to get you any of the window seats. They can only be unblocked in the system with entered M&M number with status SEN/HON.
Old May 6, 2011, 11:13 am

Programs: LX HON Circle
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8900/4.6.1.168 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/130)

Got 2K once again on LX40 without problem. Usually I get preassigned 1D and after a call to SEN line I am confirmed in 2K.
Old May 15, 2011, 1:56 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
An interesting thread to read.

I made a combined LX / OS booking for this summer on the route in C: AMS-ZRH-BKK-VIE-AMS via my TA. I got 2 booking codes (LX&OS), i filled the OS code in my miles&more "add trip" page and was able to select and save seats on BKK-VIE-AMS. So far so good!

The LX code gave " error not found".
With the OS booking code the LX sextor ZRH-BKK also showed up but not the AMS-ZRH. I thought that wasn't a problem because that flight is only 1 hr and it's operated by edelweiss on behalf of SWISS so the system might be a bit confused. Well i managed to view the seatmap ZRH-BKK and saw Business being a bit full, all highly prized single A seaters with two sidetables taken already. Scattered single seating taken in the rest of the cabin. Then it struck me, why not fly F, time to use some miles. Phoned my TA; there's availability in F and A so upgrade should be possible. Tried via the Brussels Airlines SEN-phone in belgium, no dice said the agent, flight is full. What the...! Then tried the *alliance upgrade engine on miles & more website and it worked instantly.

Now about selecting 2A or 2K! First called up the seatmap again in miles and more, hmm showing only the business cabin.... did something went wrong? Then took a look at my bookings and e-ticket on the swiss website; it clearly showed class of service FIRST. Well glitches can happen so i thought, maybe LH miles&more will let me select a seat if i wait several days. Ofcourse wishfull thinking as i checked the miles and more seatmap again and still showed the business cabin. Fortunately i had to go to AMS airport for a KL flight to NRT (yes i'm having an affair with the blue dolls, Lena&Heidi forgive me!) And i thought to get this sorted at the SWISS ticket office. The agent there was busy so i went to the LH ticketdesk to cash in some of my voluntary downgrade vouchers (i love voluntering) and got into a friendly chat with the agent there. While she processed the vouchers i asked her if it were possible to reserve for me 2A-K on SWISS. She was happy typing away and i could see her face getting the question mark look.

Seeing doom scenarios that my upgrade was a desertmirage she said: " those seats have been blocked out but aren't taken".
I asked: "maybe they are reserved for HON or SEN"?
She replied diplomaticly correct: "well they will be allocated instantly when HON/SEN make bookings for First"
I replied: "well i do have SEN status, maybe it got confused of my mixed LX/OS ticket"?
She looked, typed and concluded: "it seems your SEN status is not reflected in the booking"
WHAT THE....! Should I give my TA a big spanking for forgetting to imput my FFP or does upgrading using the miles&more engine with a SEN login take the wrong exit at the digital highway from Germany to Switzerland.

So i managed to get 2K in the end thanks to helpful lady who updated my booking with my SEN status and i learned a wise lesson:

make sure you SEN or HON status is imputted in the booking, your seatselection might depend on it!@:-)
Old May 15, 2011, 6:26 am

Originally Posted by HadesNL
make sure you SEN or HON status is imputted in the booking, your seatselection might depend on it!@:-)
All the LX F A/K seat assignment problems I have encountered were with SEN status (which was in the bookings), that did not help in my case(s).
Old Jul 16, 2011, 5:27 pm

Programs: AC.SE
I'm going to be on LX 87 in February 2012, and was assigned 2G. I asked to change to 2K, as it showed open on the seat map.

The LX rep told me that 1A, 2A, 1K, and 2K are all blocked (not occupied, just blocked--the seatmap shows that all but 2A are available). She said I could inquire at the airport for availability if I wanted to change to any of those seats.

I don't have SEN or HON status.
Old Sep 22, 2011, 2:54 am

Having the same problem for a flight ZRH-NRT in October... No SEN status, only 2A remaining (1A/K and 2K taken now) and they are giving me the "It's all taken" line.

Middle pair seat when not travelling with someone else would be utterly ridiculous. I can't for the life of me figure out what made them possibly think that it's a good idea to block all window seat bookings in First Class!
Old Sep 22, 2011, 3:27 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by stargold
Middle pair seat when not travelling with someone else would be utterly ridiculous. I can't for the life of me figure out what made them possibly think that it's a good idea to block all window seat bookings in First Class!
They seem to keep them for last minute bookings by revenue and status pax. Any unreserved window seats will be released nearer the departure date.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.