Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Seat selection 2A/2K - LX F

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2011, 5:50 am

Location: my heart is on the shores of the north Italian lakes
Programs: LX Senator Lifetime, Relais&Chateaux Club5C, ex ! "Amanjunkie", ex LHW LC, hate chain hotels
Originally Posted by littlevoices
I tried that and they refused, even though I'm a *G as well (Not SEN/HON though). Perhaps it is worth another call this weekend.

What is this thread supposed to achieve ?

I think it is normal and right that LX keeps these single seats in F for their OWN elites (SEN/HON) also when flying on awards, upgrades with miles or evouchers or for revenue passengers in booking class F.

*alliance gold status can be achieved with many airlines and very easily with some. You can simply not compare the net worth of a frequent flyer being *gold with the LH group or with Aegean.
Old Dec 16, 2011, 10:09 am

Originally Posted by behuman

I think it is normal and right that LX keeps these single seats in F for their OWN elites (SEN/HON) also when flying on awards, upgrades with miles or evouchers or for revenue passengers in booking class F.

*alliance gold status can be achieved with many airlines and very easily with some. You can simply not compare the net worth of a frequent flyer being *gold with the LH group or with Aegean.
Name me one single carrier other than LX, which has a similar policy in First Class.

I'm talking about a blanket ban on pre-selecting window seats for all F passengers without status. I simply have not come across this problem on any other airline.
Old Dec 16, 2011, 11:17 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by stargold
I'm talking about a blanket ban on pre-selecting window seats for all F passengers without status. I simply have not come across this problem on any other airline.
I think you are missing two vital words, on awards, in the first sentence.

At least LX make F awards available to other *A members.
Old Dec 17, 2011, 5:44 am

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
Again, I'm not familiar with any airline that completely blocks window seat assignment for F reward passengers without status either. Happy now?
This is true. And I do love the LX F product. But the window seat thing just seems unnecessary to me - by all means block 1A/K for status flyers, etc - but blocking all windows are a bit over the top.
Old Dec 17, 2011, 1:42 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador (Titanium Lifetime), BA Gold, Ex-Hertz 5* PC, Ex-HH Diamond, Ex-BD*G
Originally Posted by behuman
I don't believe this is specific to awards but in fact is the same for revenue seats too (based on other threads and what other seat map viewing systems online can also identify), I could be wrong of course.

As others have mentioned, it is a bit of a pita and not ideal (I'd also be happy with 1A/1K but all seats... a bit excessive) but I'll live with it and hope for the best at check-in. This thread exists to let others know why this occurs at the very least.

[oh, and my *G is from a part of the LH group.... BD ]
Old Dec 17, 2011, 2:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
I am running into same issue. Have been placed in 1G. all window seats blocked. Flights are next weekend and showing F6 each - so I hope there is a window left for assignment at airport!
Old Dec 17, 2011, 6:56 pm

Originally Posted by rankourabu
I am running into same issue. Have been placed in 1G. all window seats blocked. Flights are next weekend and showing F6 each - so I hope there is a window left for assignment at airport!
If I were you, I would call Swiss and request the single window seat. If you keep getting no from the customer service agent, request to speak to a supervisor. See my post in the thread. Good luck man.
Cheers
Old Dec 17, 2011, 7:14 pm

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, SQ PPS Solitaire
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner

LH and LX try to treat everyone in First Class the same and this seating nightmare is the only exception. No one at Swiss can explain this to anyone and no one is able/capable of solving it.

I am flying in 2A on an award ticket in three days on LX. It's still possible :-)
Old Dec 18, 2011, 1:42 am

Programs: aeroplan
I have 2K on an award ticket traveling in a couple of weeks. I got the LX record locator number, then phoned LX and requested the seat . No problem.
Old Dec 18, 2011, 2:42 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
I was also assigned 1G for an award using *A miles. I happened to sit next to a country manager of LX at a dinner and mentioned what I had read in this thread. He said LX did not have such a policy, gave me his card and told me to contact him if I could not get a window seat.

I called LX in Basel (their HQ) and managed to get 2K assigned. Perhaps status does help even when using miles from other FFPs?
Old Dec 18, 2011, 7:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Originally Posted by 1K+
If I were you, I would call Swiss and request the single window seat. If you keep getting no from the customer service agent, request to speak to a supervisor. See my post in the thread. Good luck man.
Cheers
ok
I called the US number - no windows available.
then I skyped the Swiss number, and the nice agent assigned 2A and 1A for my flights on A343/A333 next Sunday. Took 30 seconds. ^

Aeroplan award ticket but I have previously added my CO*G on LH.com to this itinerary.

[KVS Availability Tool 6.8.1/Diamond - Amadeus Enhanced Seat Map: 25 Dec 2011/LX 87/YUL-ZRH/343/First]
Code:
     A  |  B  C  D  E  F  G  |  H  J  K  
 1   +           +        +           -  
 2   -           +        +           +  

[+] Available     [P] Preferred   [G] Galley
[-] Unavailable   [X] Blocked
[KVS Availability Tool 6.8.1/Diamond - Amadeus Enhanced Seat Map: 26 Dec 2011/LX 154/ZRH-BOM/333/First]
Code:
 1   -           +        +           +  
 2   X           +        +           -  

Old Dec 18, 2011, 1:37 pm

Programs: IHG Gold
Originally Posted by stargold
Again, I'm not familiar with any airline that completely blocks window seat assignment for F reward passengers without status either. Happy now? This is true. And I do love the LX F product. But the window seat thing just seems unnecessary to me - by all means block 1A/K for status flyers, etc - but blocking all windows are a bit over the top.
I have an award ticket coming up in January/Feb--I was assigned 1K on the YUL-ZRH flight, and 2K on the ZRH-HKG flight. I did not call Swiss--the seats were assigned to me by Aeroplan when I booked the award.

So window seats are (sometimes) possible and I have zero status.
Old Dec 20, 2011, 2:58 am

What number have people called to get seats assigned? I called +41848700700 and was initally told that there were no window seats. The operator then said he'd try to 'force' one and was able to put in a request only for 1A. Not really fussed which one it is as long as it is a window seat. Don't know what chance i will have though as i'm flying on a reward tix and only have *s. Am flying NBO-ZUR on the 1/1 if anyone is able to bring up the seatmap for me.

Thanks,
Mel.b
Old Dec 20, 2011, 11:20 pm

Programs: LX SEN
Originally Posted by mel.b
What number have people called to get seats assigned? I called +41848700700 and was initally told that there were no window seats. The operator then said he'd try to 'force' one and was able to put in a request only for 1A. Not really fussed which one it is as long as it is a window seat. Don't know what chance i will have though as i'm flying on a reward tix and only have *s. Am flying NBO-ZUR on the 1/1 if anyone is able to bring up the seatmap for me.

Thanks,
Mel.b
[KVS Availability Tool 6.8.1/Diamond - Amadeus Enhanced Seat Map: 01 Jan 2012/LX 293/NBO-ZRH/333/First]
Code:
 1   -           +        +           +  
 2   X           -        +           +  

Here it is.
Old Dec 21, 2011, 12:13 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador (Titanium Lifetime), BA Gold, Ex-Hertz 5* PC, Ex-HH Diamond, Ex-BD*G
As an interesting "development" on this.. around 3/4 days before my flight (saw last night on 20th, flight is on 24th) seat 2A opened up for me to book online using the LOT manage my booking tool.

So I have at least one window seat reserved now (happy, the other traveller is in 2D) and will hopefully snag the other upon online check-in. It could have happened earlier but I only checked today. Seats 1A/2A/2K still don't appear on the seat map but its getting slightly more accessible. The return in just over 3 weeks is still blocked in the same manner.

Edit: And got 1A/2A about 25 hours prior to the flight (earlier than 23hrs due to a connecting flight) via online checkin. All happy. Load was 5/8.
Edit2: The same applied three weeks later on the return (i.e. 2A available about a week earlier, though no online checkin was available from PVG but got 1A/2A at the airport, load was 4/8.

Last edited by littlevoices; Jan 10, 2012 at 9:22 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.