Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Seat selection 2A/2K - LX F

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2014, 10:07 pm

Programs: AC SE, AA EXP MM, UA Gold MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, HH Dia, IHG Plat
All Swiss First Window Seats Reserved for Dog Owners and the Disabled?

Thrilled at the chance to ride Swiss First across the Atlantic, I was quite surprised to check the EF seat map and see that all four window seats were blocked, two months ahead of the trip. Only the four inner seats could be assigned at this time. Swiss Reservations said that window seats are held for dog owners and disabled passengers until close to flight time.

It's the first time I've run across blocked seats in any airline's first class. Is there something about the middle seats that makes them uniquely unsuitable for certain passengers?

Many of us greatly value a window seat for the landscape view, including photographic opportunities. Not being able to book them on Swiss, especially in a premium cabin, is a big black mark against the airline, IMHO.

Perhaps someone can chime in with more details, including how long before flight time I might be able to claim an unassigned window seat - specifically one on the right side following the POSH principle.
Old Jan 21, 2014, 10:11 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
That sounds like an invented story to me.

Last edited by Doc Savage; Jan 21, 2014 at 10:27 pm
Old Jan 21, 2014, 11:26 pm

There are already some threads about this, i.e.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/swiss...a-2k-lx-f.html
Old Jan 22, 2014, 3:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PetzLUX
There are already some threads about this, i.e.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/swiss...a-2k-lx-f.html
Agreed- this comes up about once every 6 months.

For the record- when I have wanted a window seat on a Swiss First reservation I have always received a window seat.

To the OP: OLCI at T-23 and you will probably get a window seat.

If it is really a big deal and you are on a paid reservation get your t.agent to call their Swiss sales rep and they will work something out.
Old Jan 22, 2014, 4:52 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
Agreed- this comes up about once every 6 months.
Or every few months at leat?

For the record- when I have wanted a window seat on a Swiss First reservation I have always received a window seat.
Having a black card might help, though a gold card might be sufficient.

To the OP: OLCI at T-23 and you will probably get a window seat.

If it is really a big deal and you are on a paid reservation get your t.agent to call their Swiss sales rep and they will work something out.
I find the best number to call is the one in Basel.
Old Jan 22, 2014, 6:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
Having a black card might help, though a gold card might be sufficient.

I find the best number to call is the one in Basel.
I don't think it is the card- I think it is paid ticket vs upgrade or redemption actually but this is just a guess based on non-scientific sample sizes.

Agree Basel is the number to call.
Old Jan 22, 2014, 6:38 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
I don't think it is the card- I think it is paid ticket vs upgrade or redemption actually but this is just a guess based on non-scientific sample sizes.
I managed to get my seat changed from 1G to 2K twice on US Airways awards but I had a black card at the time. All window seats were blocked when I called and I was offered a choice of 1A, 1K or 2K but not 2A.

I always managed to get a window seat on awards and only sat in D once when I was op-upped. But then I was once op-upped to 2A as well. ^
Old Jan 22, 2014, 7:25 am

the window seat was blocked in their online system.
you will able to get it if you call them up.
Tried a few times, both paid and redeem ticket.
Old Jan 25, 2014, 2:06 pm

Location: my heart is on the shores of the north Italian lakes
Programs: LX Senator Lifetime, Relais&Chateaux Club5C, ex ! "Amanjunkie", ex LHW LC, hate chain hotels
I managed to get my seat changed from 1G to 2K twice on US Airways awards but I had a black card at the time. All window seats were blocked when I called and I was offered a choice of 1A, 1K or 2K but not 2A.
It will be very interesting to see if with the new HON/SEN only O class redemption rule, a HON/SEN can use NON M&M miles to pay for an award.
Old Jan 25, 2014, 2:32 pm

Originally Posted by behuman
It will be very interesting to see if with the new HON/SEN only O class redemption rule, a HON/SEN can use NON M&M miles to pay for an award.
I doubt very much it's possible. F awards are not available to other FFPs so I cannot see how HON/SEN can book F awards using miles from other FFPs.
Old Jan 26, 2014, 7:39 pm

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, SQ PPS Solitaire
I doubt very much it's possible. F awards are not available to other FFPs so I cannot see how HON/SEN can book F awards using miles from other FFPs.
Besides the technical difficulties, Lufthansa is looking after its own program and people: They don't even track when you are on LH metal and credit to another program:

Flying SQ metal, I can credit my miles to LH but SQ would still track my ticket value (and keep PPS) and flights: My Krisflyer history shows all flights on SQ metal.

Flying LH metal, I cannot credit to Krisflyer and get HON miles at the same time. LH does not have a full history of my flights on LH metal.

I highlighted this to Lufthansa but they didn't get the difference and why it would matter. Interns at work
Old Feb 8, 2014, 6:20 am

Programs: LX HON, Radisson Platinum, Hilton Gold
Booked a RTW in F the other day and couldn't make the reservation for any window seat on the 2 LX flights. So I called the LX SEN number and was assigned 2K without any note about facility seats. I was offered 1A and 1K as well, but not 2A. First flight still show F7 A7, so it's only me on the flight so far...
Old Feb 18, 2014, 12:35 pm

Programs: LX HON Circle
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9900; de) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.1033 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

2K to SIN confirmed within seconds via SEN line BSL.
Old Feb 19, 2014, 10:23 pm

Programs: LX M&M
Today could select 2A online and im a FTL on a milage ticket, however it was not possible at the time i made the booking.

The flight seems to be full or overbooked in Business and i wouldnt mind spending another day in HKG, is it possible to standby and wait for the next day even in F? If so, just tell them at the check in that i wouldnt mind flying the next day?

Last edited by lx343; Feb 19, 2014 at 10:37 pm
Old Mar 3, 2014, 8:35 pm

Programs: LX HON Circle
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9900; de) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.1033 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Been automatically assigned 2A for Thursday's flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.