Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Seat selection 2A/2K - LX F

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2011, 4:05 am

Programs: BA Silver, NZ Jade, QF Bronze, A Club Platinum, Hhonors Silver
Originally Posted by stargold
Having the same problem for a flight ZRH-NRT in October... No SEN status, only 2A remaining (1A/K and 2K taken now) and they are giving me the "It's all taken" line.
In my experience 2A is normally reserved for crew rest.
Old Sep 22, 2011, 10:14 am

Originally Posted by deconz
In my experience 2A is normally reserved for crew rest.
I have never seen any of the F seats assigned as crew rest.
Old Sep 22, 2011, 3:45 pm

Programs: BA Silver, NZ Jade, QF Bronze, A Club Platinum, Hhonors Silver
Originally Posted by sic incognito
I have never seen any of the F seats assigned as crew rest.
I flew PVG/ZRH in 2009 and there was a relief pilot in 2A.
Old Sep 23, 2011, 2:44 am

Originally Posted by deconz
I flew PVG/ZRH in 2009 and there was a relief pilot in 2A.
I have seen many different occupants of the seat, including myself, a baby, an upgraded pax, a dog, a LX board member, but never crew.

I believe you. Moreover, I remember another thread stating FA's used the seats in First. It seems to be pretty rare though (and possibly forbidden).

EDIT: just saw the updated post on this subject some threads down.

Last edited by sic incognito; Sep 23, 2011 at 6:19 am Reason: updated post
Old Sep 24, 2011, 1:23 am

I phoned up to ask for a window seat on my next first trip and was explained again how they're all facilities seats and I coould get moved out of it if someone with a baby was in the cabin. So I was told a request had been made and that I had been moved into a window seat.

Both Checkmytrip and Lufthansa.com both show me as still being in an aisle seat. I phoned up again and was told a request was carried out again. This agent said it was definitely a confirmed seat, but again I'm still showing to be in an aisle seat.

In the past Both Checkmytrip and Lufthansa.com confirmed the change of seat.

Has any suggestions what I should actually be asking for? It seems to me that they're only just requesting the seat, which I imagine would only be a note on the booking only noticed once the flight opens at checkin.
Old Sep 24, 2011, 3:02 am

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
Originally Posted by G-BOAA
I phoned up to ask for a window seat on my next first trip and was explained again how they're all facilities seats and I coould get moved out of it if someone with a baby was in the cabin. So I was told a request had been made and that I had been moved into a window seat.

Both Checkmytrip and Lufthansa.com both show me as still being in an aisle seat. I phoned up again and was told a request was carried out again. This agent said it was definitely a confirmed seat, but again I'm still showing to be in an aisle seat.

In the past Both Checkmytrip and Lufthansa.com confirmed the change of seat.

Has any suggestions what I should actually be asking for? It seems to me that they're only just requesting the seat, which I imagine would only be a note on the booking only noticed once the flight opens at checkin.
I have had similar experiences in the past, not just with LX F, but also with LX Y seats purchased through LH or SK. The problem is that LX uses its own reservation system which doesn't always seem to sync with what LH.com or checkmytrip.com are using.

But if I go to Expertflyer.com and look at the seatmap(s), I can always see that the seat reservation was changed correctly. Have you tried looking at you flight in Expertflyer.com?
Old Sep 29, 2011, 12:40 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador (Titanium Lifetime), BA Gold, Ex-Hertz 5* PC, Ex-HH Diamond, Ex-BD*G
Just having this problem now and agree with the other posters its crazy, tried the window seat assignment trick, so hopefully that works... I hadn't even found this thread until I called up the call centre to try to get a window seat since the Lufthansa Manage My Booking was only offering two middle seats.

I guess its an incentive to try and check-in online, however not very good practice considering the price of a first class ticket, last time I'd flown in early 2010 it was just a matter of making a call and accepting you might be thrown out for a baby!
Old Oct 1, 2011, 2:28 am

Originally Posted by littlevoices

I guess its an incentive to try and check-in online, however not very good practice considering the price of a first class ticket, last time I'd flown in early 2010 it was just a matter of making a call and accepting you might be thrown out for a baby!
I couldn't even check in online NRT-ZRH-OSL for my F flight. I was redirected to the LH site and ended up with an error message when I tried. Must be the worst OLCI solution I have seen. If Swiss could just merge their booking systems with LH so we could use the LH site to check in that would be fine. Also LX should have a select seat solution like LH which works at least.
Old Nov 29, 2011, 12:50 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador (Titanium Lifetime), BA Gold, Ex-Hertz 5* PC, Ex-HH Diamond, Ex-BD*G
Is anyone able to confirm that OLCI (if its not too late) will let me choose a window seat? I'm not a particularly happy camper about this issue, but unfortunately can't really see what else I can do. Is there any issue doing this earlier than 24 hours if you have a connecting flight (Would give me an ~5 hour headstart then)?
Old Nov 29, 2011, 7:21 pm

Programs: LHSen UA1K VAGold QFSilv HHon Diamond ShangrilaJade Radisson Gold SPG Gold Marriott Gold Hertz Presi
why not just call Swiss in Zueri? I did and got 1A immediately on an upgrade award no problems several months before my flight this September
Old Nov 30, 2011, 12:11 am

Originally Posted by cbourl
why not just call Swiss in Zueri? I did and got 1A immediately on an upgrade award no problems several months before my flight this September
I tried that and they refused, even though I'm a *G as well (Not SEN/HON though). Perhaps it is worth another call this weekend.
Old Nov 30, 2011, 12:29 am

Programs: LHSen UA1K VAGold QFSilv HHon Diamond ShangrilaJade Radisson Gold SPG Gold Marriott Gold Hertz Presi
At the time I was UA Prem exec - not yet Senator - but maybe they could see I had a Senator status match coming through - maybe just try a different phone agent, or even Swiss USA
Old Nov 30, 2011, 12:31 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
... however not very good practice considering the price of a first class ticket...
Is it a revenue ticket? In that case you should be able to pick any seat.

I tried that and they refused, even though I'm a *G as well (Not SEN/HON though).
If it's an award *G and SEN/HON may be treated differently for advance seat assignment. If any of the window seat is not taken I'm sure you can get one a day or two before the flight.
Old Dec 14, 2011, 3:43 pm

Programs: A3 *G; AA EXP
I had to call 3 times until I finally got my window seat.

The first agent insisted that the flight was full and that only the middle seats were available
The second agent said that they were all blocked and that there was nothing she could do for me

Finally the last agent entered my LH SEN number and was then able to offer me 1A and 1K, FINALLY

I don't get it why Swiss blocks all four windows seats, maybe two would be ok but all four?

I guess that one thing is right: just keep calling until you get the answer you want...
Old Dec 15, 2011, 7:53 am

Originally Posted by LukasVIE
I had to call 3 times until I finally got my window seat.

The first agent insisted that the flight was full and that only the middle seats were available
The second agent said that they were all blocked and that there was nothing she could do for me

Finally the last agent entered my LH SEN number and was then able to offer me 1A and 1K, FINALLY

I don't get it why Swiss blocks all four windows seats, maybe two would be ok but all four?

I guess that one thing is right: just keep calling until you get the answer you want...
+1 ^ I experienced EXACTLY the same couple weeks ago on the phone with LX. I didn't give up and agent finally gave me single window.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.