Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Seat selection 2A/2K - LX F

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26, 2010, 1:47 pm

Programs: SK, LH, BA, US, OZ, NH
Well...according to the seatmap on Expedia, 2K is available....damn it

Look's like Swiss is going to get another call....we'll see what happens @:-)
Old Oct 26, 2010, 10:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Platinum, DL Platinum, AFKL Gold, Qatar Gold
Originally Posted by LN-FHU
Well...according to the seatmap on Expedia, 2K is available....damn it

Look's like Swiss is going to get another call....we'll see what happens @:-)
Once again, unless you have a special status from Miles and More, you will not get either 2A or 2K. You have to wait until 24h before departure when SWISS open check-in.
Old Oct 27, 2010, 3:06 am

The funny thing is, that according to the seatmap on Expedia, there are three seats taken : 1A , 1K and 2A. I was originally assigned 2D, but that one is available on Expedia......

"Seat assignement is like a box of chocolates, you'll never know what you're gonne get"....

Edit; Now all four windowseats are taken.....yesterday 2K was available...

Last edited by LN-FHU; Oct 27, 2010 at 3:10 am Reason: updating seat-info
Old Oct 27, 2010, 4:19 am
Original Poster

The funny thing is, that according to the seatmap on Expedia, there are three seats taken : 1A , 1K and 2A. I was originally assigned 2D, but that one is available on Expedia......

"Seat assignement is like a box of chocolates, you'll never know what you're gonne get"....

Edit; Now all four windowseats are taken.....yesterday 2K was available...
So you got the seat you requested? With no status?
I have two upcoming trips with SWISS in December, PVG-ZRH and ZRH-YUL. They would not allow me to get 2A/2K but if you say that it worked for you I will call them back this week...
Old Oct 27, 2010, 5:23 am

Originally Posted by thyeri
So you got the seat you requested? With no status?
I have two upcoming trips with SWISS in December, PVG-ZRH and ZRH-YUL. They would not allow me to get 2A/2K but if you say that it worked for you I will call them back this week...
I probably did....

I called Swiss around a week ago, the agent confirmed 2K. Checked Expedia yesterday, and 2K was available, checked again today and 2K was occupied. But all 4 windowseats is now taken on my flight, so I probably got one of those then.....
Old Oct 27, 2010, 5:35 am
Original Poster

I probably did....

I called Swiss around a week ago, the agent confirmed 2K. Checked Expedia yesterday, and 2K was available, checked again today and 2K was occupied. But all 4 windowseats is now taken on my flight, so I probably got one of those then.....
Really weird what happened with Expedia...
Old Oct 27, 2010, 5:43 am
Original Poster

I just checked Expedia for my next flights:

Dec 19 PVG-ZRH.
7F available, so I am the only passenger right now.
Expedia shows 1A, 1K, 2A as taken. And my seat 2D is taken too.

So I assume that they block 1A, 1K, 2A.

Dec 26 ZRH-YUL
6F available.
Expedia shows the same map, 1A, 1K, 2A taken. My seat is 2D too.

I wonder why they seem to block only 1A, 1K and 2A, but still when calling they can't give 2K...
Old Oct 31, 2010, 10:59 am

Programs: BA EC Gold, M&M Senator, HHonors Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Over the last couple of years I observed that 1A, 2A and 1K have always been blocked - bookable for SENs and HONs through the lufthansa and m&m website or by calling. 2K had been available for all passengers.

On Swiss only bookings I think that the lufthansa and m&m website seat assignment works only at the time of booking - changes afterwards seem not to work since the Swiss reservation system seems not to be linked to the lufthansa one - so better call. Or am I wrong
Old Nov 12, 2010, 12:03 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
After reading this thread I didn't know what to expect but called the HON hotline in BSL for seat assignment for an award to NRT in April with US miles. As far as I can tell I'm the only one in F so far on both outbound and inbound, but according to ExpertFlyer all window seats are blocked on both flights.

The agent pointed out that I already had 1G assigned (by US) but I said I would like a window seat since I'd be travelling on my own. After giving her my HON card number I was offered a choice of 1A, 1K or 2K (but not 2A) and chose 2K both ways.

2K has changed from blocked to occupied on ExpertFlyer and 1G is now available which is the only proof that my request must have been recorded.
Old Nov 13, 2010, 3:48 am

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
After reading this thread I didn't know what to expect but called the HON hotline in BSL for seat assignment for an award to NRT in April with US miles. As far as I can tell I'm the only one in F so far on both outbound and inbound, but according to ExpertFlyer all window seats are blocked on both flights.

The agent pointed out that I already had 1G assigned (by US) but I said I would like a window seat since I'd be travelling on my own. After giving her my HON card number I was offered a choice of 1A, 1K or 2K (but not 2A) and chose 2K both ways.

2K has changed from blocked to occupied on ExpertFlyer and 1G is now available which is the only proof that my request must have been recorded.
I have the complete opposite. On an upcoming flight this week my partner, who is MM SEN was able to choose 2A but 1A, 1K, 2K was blocked for him. I only have *G so I was unable to pick a seats as all the middle seats are taken.
Old Nov 13, 2010, 4:29 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by dodgeflyer
I have the complete opposite. On an upcoming flight this week my partner, who is MM SEN was able to choose 2A but 1A, 1K, 2K was blocked for him.
So there isn't a single rule? Interesting...

I didn't specifically ask about 2A because 2K is good enough for me but the agent definitely didn't mention 2A.

I only have *G so I was unable to pick a seats as all the middle seats are taken.
Then they'll have to give you one of the window seats!
Old Nov 14, 2010, 5:51 am

Programs: LX HON Circle
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8900/4.6.1.168 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/130)

1G seems to be the standard assignment when you book. I always call the Sen line and never had a problem getting 2K.
Old Nov 14, 2010, 6:11 am

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8900/4.6.1.168 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/130)

1G seems to be the standard assignment when you book. I always call the Sen line and never had a problem getting 2K.
Old Nov 14, 2010, 10:38 am

Programs: Amanjunkie
I was able to get 2K assigned on my last few flights only after calling the SEN line to unblock the seat.
Old Nov 15, 2010, 4:27 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.