Community
Wiki Posts
Search

GONE: Sheraton Jerusalem [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18, 2008, 10:45 am

Originally Posted by jefarl
I guess I will keep my expectation down low- I really want to use pts for my 9 nights as other hotels are expenseve. Did you complain to the manager on any of this? I think its Yossi?
I thought he was trying to improve service...
How much were you charged for Breakfast since you used pts for the stay? They quote $27/pp per day but someone on the phone said they would only charge $10 to someone with pts ??
Yes, Yossi Sudri is the GM here. He is no better at returning calls or resolving problems than the rest of the staff. I've stayed here a few times over the last 8 or so years and the key to this property is truly having low expectations. Pretty much the bottom of the barrel when it comes to customer service and treatment of SPG status guests. As much as it pains me to lose out on the points, I find I'm treated better and receive a greater value elsewhere outside the starwood family when in jerusalem.
Old Sep 18, 2008, 11:42 am

Originally Posted by sam33
Based on what I'd read from some posters here, I did come in with at least average expectations. However, these last three days have shown me that the service level is roughly what it's been for the last few years- shoddy.
Anyway, yesterday (my last day) I stopped by reception around 11am, and asked for an 8pm checkout. I know I'm not 'entitled' to that late a checkout, but as most N.American flights leave around midnight, some of the better hotels in Israel will give it to you if they're not full. (At the Sheraton Tel Aviv, 9pm has always been given just for asking - every single time, but service at that hotel is in a very different league than this dump.) The immediate answer was "No, sorry, the hotel is full". I then asked the gentleman why he would try such a blatant lie, as I figured they had at least 27 rooms for sale that evening. He disappeared into the back office for about two minutes, and then re-appeared to tell me that 8pm was no problem - just like that! A while later, I wondered why Rama, the manager, had never bothered returning my call from the day before, so I called and left her another message asking for a callback, which never happened. Oh, and my promised platinum amenity never did make it to my room....
Who is Rama? The general manager according to the confirmation from Starwood is Yossi Sudri ???? Also- did they charge you to eat breakfast and if so, how much since you were using pts?

Last edited by jefarl; Sep 18, 2008 at 11:43 am Reason: not finished
Old Sep 18, 2008, 4:38 pm
Suspended

Who is Rama? The general manager according to the confirmation from Starwood is Yossi Sudri ???? Also- did they charge you to eat breakfast and if so, how much since you were using pts?
Ramas offical title is Sales Mgr, shes the one who assigns the rooms plus alot more. this Yossi seems to be the GM. I guess another name for Rama would be MOD(mgr on duty) or Front Desk Mgr

I have to contact her myself for an upcoming stay, hopefully I wont run into what you people have
Old Sep 18, 2008, 5:46 pm
Suspended

Free Breakfast

FYI, there are no Free Braekfasts at this Hotel per William. The reg rate includes the price of Breakfast , and no you wont get a refund if you dont eat it.

Thusly why the Hotel does NOT need to give anyone on C&P or a Free night Breakfast for nothing.

This Hotel does NOT have a Room Only Rate, and Breakfast isnt free its included in the rate
Old Sep 18, 2008, 7:51 pm

Originally Posted by craz
FYI, there are no Free Braekfasts at this Hotel per William. The reg rate includes the price of Breakfast , and no you wont get a refund if you dont eat it.

Thusly why the Hotel does NOT need to give anyone on C&P or a Free night Breakfast for nothing.

This Hotel does NOT have a Room Only Rate, and Breakfast isnt free its included in the rate
I am still confused? Sam33 did they charge you for breakfast if you were staying on points/free rooms or didn't they. I understand the cash rate includes breakfast as does most Israeli hotels but we have been told by Starwood that NO breakfast is included and the rate is $27/day per person!!
Just trying to find out the facts...

Craz- who is the William you quoted?

Last edited by jefarl; Sep 18, 2008 at 7:52 pm Reason: left something ut
Old Sep 18, 2008, 8:23 pm
Suspended

I am still confused? Sam33 did they charge you for breakfast if you were staying on points/free rooms or didn't they. I understand the cash rate includes breakfast as does most Israeli hotels but we have been told by Starwood that NO breakfast is included and the rate is $27/day per person!!

Craz- who is the William you quoted?
William = Our William = Starwood Lurker (Sr) asked teh samething a couple of yrs ago and he looked into it and what I posted was what he told me.
Old Sep 19, 2008, 12:02 am

Programs: Marriott -Lifetime Platinum. A3 Gold (ex-Aeroplan-E50), Skymiles Gold, Hertz Gold, HH Gold

[B]
No, I never said I was charged for breakfast, only that I asked how much they charge for it, and was told $10. IMHO, the breakfast is only slightly better than the service at this hotel, so I opt for one of the (excellent) nearby cafe's instead.
Old Sep 19, 2008, 6:44 am

Originally Posted by sam33
No, I never said I was charged for breakfast, only that I asked how much they charge for it, and was told $10. IMHO, the breakfast is only slightly better than the service at this hotel, so I opt for one of the (excellent) nearby cafe's instead.
Thanks and sorry for any confusion. I know you didn't say anything about breakfast befroe and I have been trying to confirm the cost when staying on points. Starwood quoted $27, the hotel quoted me $27 when I called them directly a month ago but then said, "oh then we will only charge you $10 " but wanted to confirm that the $10 price was normal for pts not the $27.

thanks for the info, sorry you had a bad experience. We are trying to do this trip mostly on pts (air and hotels) so we have funds for side trips etc. and will have to put up with the poor service at this property.
Jef
Old Sep 19, 2008, 7:29 am
Suspended

Thanks and sorry for any confusion. I know you didn't say anything about breakfast befroe and I have been trying to confirm the cost when staying on points. Starwood quoted $27, the hotel quoted me $27 when I called them directly a month ago but then said, "oh then we will only charge you $10 " but wanted to confirm that the $10 price was normal for pts not the $27.

thanks for the info, sorry you had a bad experience. We are trying to do this trip mostly on pts (air and hotels) so we have funds for side trips etc. and will have to put up with the poor service at this property.
Jef
The $10 thing is an InHouse promo from the Hotel so *W wouldnt know anything about it

I was offered it and told due to my being a Plat. Dont know if non-Plats get the same deal
Old Oct 15, 2008, 3:01 am
Suspended

Thumbs up

checked in on Mon

Before arriving I called the Hotel and faxed a mgr about getting a certain floor never received anything back, had the Plat email them as well no reply

At checkin I saw I was assigned the floor I had asked for^

there is now a sort of Biz center in a corner of the lobby with 3 computers that are Free of any charges. You need a room card in order to activate the glass door in order to enter.^^

All in all Im still very Impressed in how this Hotel has done an almost 180 degree turn from the way it used to operate. Unfortunately a move up to a Cat4 cant be far off
Old Oct 15, 2008, 7:29 am

CRAZ

IS there a conceirge floor or room for Gold or Plat members to use?
Old Oct 16, 2008, 2:27 am
Suspended

IS there a conceirge floor or room for Gold or Plat members to use?

No , no Conceirge floor or Lounge. I dont expect a Lounge as I was told the hotel was told the Only place *W would permitt a Lounge is on the top floor, and I dont see what benefit this Hotel would get by removing a min of 5 rooms in order to make the Lounge.

Most of the rooms in the Hotel are Privately owned and are located on all the floors. All rooms except the suites (again most are private apts) are the same size and have the exact same items, at least those rooms where the renovations are complete, there are still a few floors left to be renovated
Old Dec 19, 2008, 12:45 pm
Original Poster

Award Stay

I just tried to book a Cash & Points or a Points-only award stay at The Jerusalem Sheraton Plaza for this spring/summer. Interestingly enough, the hotel is not showing any classic rooms available for reward redemptions for the entire months of May, June and July.

Any thoughts on how that could be?
Old Dec 19, 2008, 1:03 pm
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by ron mann
I just tried to book a Cash & Points or a Points-only award stay at The Jerusalem Sheraton Plaza for this spring/summer. Interestingly enough, the hotel is not showing any classic rooms available for reward redemptions for the entire months of May, June and July.

Any thoughts on how that could be?
Are classic rooms available at a paid rate for the entire months of May, June, and July through a Starwood resource?

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]
Old Dec 19, 2008, 1:22 pm
Original Poster

Lurker,

No Classic Rooms at paid rates either. It just seems unusual that there should be no availablility for at least three months. Based on previous experience with this hotel, there is almost always availability.

I wonder if they have reclassified all of the rooms.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.