Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

GONE: Fairfax at Embassy Row, Washington DC, Left SPG 12 Oct 2015 [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

GONE: Fairfax at Embassy Row, Washington DC, Left SPG 12 Oct 2015 [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2009, 4:17 pm
Suspended

A glitch in the system is adding a $25 rollaway to the rate. Have been assured that $99 rate is the one that will be charged.
Old Apr 28, 2009, 6:26 pm
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
Funny, when I called I was told by the reservation agent that the $124 would be my charge per night.... someone has not got the message. Until I see the $99 rate back in my spg account, I will not be comfortable.

There is no reason I should have had to send the three emails and calls I have done.
Old Apr 28, 2009, 6:43 pm
In memoriam

Programs: Kimpton IC, Hyatt Diamond, Gold Marriott, Lifetime Platinum Starwood
Originally Posted by wharvey
Funny, when I called I was told by the reservation agent that the $124 would be my charge per night.... someone has not got the message. Until I see the $99 rate back in my spg account, I will not be comfortable.

There is no reason I should have had to send the three emails and calls I have done.
Do you not have your original email from the property about your stay? It lists the stay in USD in the body of that email. Just take that with you; it will be honored.

As far as points are concerned; I just checked my account and all points except for my amenity points have posted; but those usually take a couple of extra days in my experience. Night after night points haven't posted either but again, it has only been 1 day since I checked out.

Last edited by ldsant; Apr 28, 2009 at 6:53 pm Reason: checked account and received information
Old Apr 28, 2009, 6:52 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by ldsant
Do you not have your original email from the property about your stay? It lists the stay in USD in the body of that email. Just take that with you; it will be honored.
Did your points and stay credit post or not?

Thanks!

Last edited by NJUPINTHEAIR; Apr 28, 2009 at 6:58 pm
Old Apr 28, 2009, 6:55 pm
Suspended

William,

I advised that you ask them to re-send your reservation. You will no doubt see the correct $99 room rate when you receive it again.

It is a glitch in their system that they are now aware of -- when they looked at the rate, they saw the correct $99 rate. It was only when I told them to go physically into my account online, did they see that we saw a different rate.

However, the hotel and SPG sees the correct rate and all you need to do is go in with your hard copy of your reservation -- which one should always have in any circumstance.
Old Apr 28, 2009, 7:41 pm
In memoriam

Programs: Kimpton IC, Hyatt Diamond, Gold Marriott, Lifetime Platinum Starwood
Originally Posted by NJUPINTHEAIR
Did your points and stay credit post or not?

Thanks!
It's in my original post above . . .but yes, the points and stay credits did post. I am just missing my 500 Plat Amenity which I am always missing from every property until about 3 days afterwards.
Old Apr 28, 2009, 9:46 pm
Suspended

It's in my original post above . . .but yes, the points and stay credits did post. I am just missing my 500 Plat Amenity which I am always missing from every property until about 3 days afterwards.

Unfortunately, I think you may be waiting a long time as Willaim advised that the hotel should not be offering this choice as an amenity. Apparently only 2 LC properties are authorized to award points and this ain't one of them.

I thinkn there was a prior post in this thead about this.
Old Apr 29, 2009, 1:08 pm
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
...I am just missing my 500 Plat Amenity which I am always missing from every property until about 3 days afterwards.
Just an FYI, but since re-branding to The Luxury Collection, this hotel is not authorized to post welcome amenity points, although they should be offering a local option at check-in.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]
Old Apr 29, 2009, 1:33 pm
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
Of course, I have my original email... as I have posted.

But, when I call the hotel and speak to the reservation agent and am told the rate is $124 and NOT the $99 on my email and I am told that what the $124 is the rate I will pay.... then I am not too confident that the $99 rate will be honored... no matter what people here say.

Old Apr 29, 2009, 1:49 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Question

Of course, I have my original email... as I have posted.

But, when I call the hotel and speak to the reservation agent and am told the rate is $124 and NOT the $99 on my email and I am told that what the $124 is the rate I will pay.... then I am not too confident that the $99 rate will be honored... no matter what people here say.
How can the hotel make you pay for a rate (not a mistake $1 rate) that is not on your printed confirmation?

I'm a bit confused, I thought you contacted customer service not the hotel?

I just don't understand how this property cannot seem to get certain travelzoo rates loaded properly.

The execution (processing) of these rates at this property seems to be the problem.

Lurkers, if you can say, what is being done to fix the problem? This happened when this was a Westin now it happening again as a LC property. What is being done to educate/train and communicate with all staff on these types of rates.
Old Apr 29, 2009, 1:53 pm

Originally Posted by Cheap Elite
...Lurkers, if you can say, what is being done to fix the problem? This happened when this was a Westin now it happening again as a LC property. What is being done to educate/train and communicate with all staff on these types of rates.
I'm sorry. What problem exactly? The fact that the rate has changed online under Upcoming Reservations when it really hasn't or the eligibility factor?

Best regards,

William R. Sanders

[email protected]
Old Apr 29, 2009, 2:12 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker
I'm sorry. What problem exactly? The fact that the rate has changed online under Upcoming Reservations when it really hasn't or the eligibility factor?

Best regards,

William R. Sanders

[email protected]
  1. The rate changed? How did that happen and what is being done to prevent that from happening in the future?
  2. On occasion the property doesn't acknowledge travelzoo rates as being eligible.
Old Apr 29, 2009, 2:29 pm

Originally Posted by Cheap Elite
[*]The rate changed? How did that happen and what is being done to prevent that from happening in the future?
The rate hasn't changed. The online system is adding the charge for a rollaway as previously reported, but the rate is still $99 in all corners. They are looking into why that is happening to some select reservations/accounts; however, it is a very sporadic occurrence and very hard to pin down because of that.

[*]On occasion the property doesn't acknowledge travelzoo rates as being eligible.
The last time this was reported (last month, I believe), the SPG Hotel Coordinator for the property got with the Director of Rooms at this property and was assured that it would be fixed. I think we have a had at least half a dozen reports since then that it is no longer an issue, but if it ever pops up again, I'm sure someone will let me know.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders

[email protected]
Old Apr 29, 2009, 2:47 pm
Suspended

Lurker,

There does appear to be at least one outstanding problem at this property, however.

IDSANT has reported that he was offered Platinum amenity points at this hotel. I have no idea whether or not they will post, notwithstanding that this hotel should not be offering same.

If I am offered Platinum amenity points should I take them and if not, then why has this hotel not put the word out to its personnel that they should not be offered?

If they can fix the problem with stays and credits posting why not this?
Old Apr 29, 2009, 2:51 pm

Originally Posted by NJUPINTHEAIR
Lurker,

There does appear to be at least one outstanding problem at this property, however.

IDSANT has reported that he was offered Platinum amenity points at this hotel. I have no idea whether or not they will post, notwithstanding that this hotel should not be offering same.
Sorry. I guess I misread that post. I thought she said that she was waiting for them to post, not that she had been offered amenity points at check-in. Some folks assume, but if this was a case of being offered at check-in, then we need to revisit that with the hotel.

If I am offered Platinum amenity points should I take them and if not, then why has this hotel not put the word out to its personnel that they should not be offered?
They were told specifically not to offer this option at check-in. If they are still doing that, I think you would have to ask them why they have failed to get the word out, not me.

If they can fix the problem with stays and credits posting why not this?
Seriously...how would I be expected to know the answer to this since I don't work there.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders

[email protected]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.