Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

GONE: Fairfax at Embassy Row, Washington DC, Left SPG 12 Oct 2015 [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

GONE: Fairfax at Embassy Row, Washington DC, Left SPG 12 Oct 2015 [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2015, 1:08 am

Leaves Starwood 10/12/15
http://www.starwoodhotels.com/luxury...propertyID=245
Old Sep 14, 2015, 5:04 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by James Luckard
A definite loss. Was my go to in Wash DC.
Old Sep 14, 2015, 6:01 am

Programs: UA Premier Gold (*G), IHG Platinum & Hyatt Discoverist
This is a shame. I had a booking here in mid-December so will be interesting to see what happens with that now.
Old Sep 14, 2015, 9:57 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
This sucks as this was my go-to property in DC. The location is excellent, but I don't think the property worked as a luxury collection as the rates are dirty cheap. Now Starwood has no property on Dupont. both Westin's are both too far away to be considered "close" to Dupont Circle granted I've walked from the WestEnd (Georgetown) property to Dupont easily.
Old Oct 1, 2015, 10:07 pm

Location: Somewhere Over the Rainbow with a Seat in the Fully Reclined Position
Programs: UA Global Services, UA 2 MM, SPG Lifetime Plat, Marriott Plat, Hilton Honors, Hertz #1 Club Gold
Here tonight ... All with advance bookings should look elsewhere ASAP ...

Hi All:

Quick Observsations

Quite rundown in comparison to my last stay.
Staff just don't care.
Room service is non-existent.
Restaurant and bar closed early.

They're definitely making it easy for me to now book elsewhere though I too used this as a go to over the past few years,

Tom

PS Staff state the Fairfax will join Preferred Hotels on 10/12/15.

Last edited by hopegrad; Oct 1, 2015 at 10:10 pm Reason: New details received.
Old Nov 12, 2015, 7:03 pm

Sorry to see this leave Starwood. Have stayed here often and always chose it when in town. Have to find a new hotel.
Old Nov 12, 2015, 10:12 pm

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Plat 100 (LT Gold), IHG Spire, Hyatt Diamond, HH Gold, National EE, Hertz Prez Circle
So - where to go?

Seeing as many of us from this thread were regular guests, I assume we're mostly of a like mind and enjoyed our stays at this property. So - where have you all gone if you've traveled back to DC since the Fairfax is gone? I haven't been back to DC yet, and was just kicking ideas around with a friend now that I don't have this place to fall back on.
Old Nov 12, 2015, 10:18 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Tit, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold, Carlson Gold, UA*S,
My choice is the Westin Georgetown. I still like this place... and they even have a teeny-tiny pool for summertime splashing.

Otherwise, I enjoy the W although it's completely the other side of town.

Will miss the Fairfax. Many memorable stays there over the years.

I have also been known to stay at the Hilton on Connecticut Ave which is also not bad!
Old Nov 12, 2015, 10:24 pm

Programs: AA Plat, AA 2M, UA, Starwood Plat, Priority Club Platinum, Marriott Gold
Loyalty to a Faithful, Hospitable Hotel

Yes, am a Starwood point fan, but this hotel (for now at least) overrides my commitment to earning points. The hospitality at this hotel is unusual - many employees have been there 20, 30, even 40 years and they retain a comforting welcome. They always say "Welcome back." Food is g-o-o-d at the bar, prices are reasonable, obviously the location is great, the view from the Mass. Ave rooms can remind one of Paris (if you squint a little.) Will be returning next week and providing an update. The rates are very low presently. Surely I'm not the only loyalist to this property.
Old Nov 17, 2015, 5:57 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Starwood PLT
Originally Posted by mgreg
Yes, am a Starwood point fan, but this hotel (for now at least) overrides my commitment to earning points. The hospitality at this hotel is unusual - many employees have been there 20, 30, even 40 years and they retain a comforting welcome. They always say "Welcome back." Food is g-o-o-d at the bar, prices are reasonable, obviously the location is great, the view from the Mass. Ave rooms can remind one of Paris (if you squint a little.) Will be returning next week and providing an update. The rates are very low presently. Surely I'm not the only loyalist to this property.
Completely agree. Fairfax was my favorite Starwood Hotel and I have a lot of good memories there. Sorry to see them leave Starwood, hate to see such a great property go. I've been upgraded to their suites before and you could practically hear the ghosts of adulterous congressmen whispering secrets to their foreign spy lovers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.