Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

GONE: Fairfax at Embassy Row, Washington DC, Left SPG 12 Oct 2015 [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

GONE: Fairfax at Embassy Row, Washington DC, Left SPG 12 Oct 2015 [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2009, 8:59 am
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
I called when the problem first occurred. The hotel person said that the $124 was the correct rate "regardless of what my original email said".

I received a second email response this morning that said in part "If you could please let me know how you received the information regarding the rate increase on your reservation I would be happy to follow up with you. "

Of course, I had provided that in my original message.... can Customer Service NOT see my reservations and see that the $124 rate is now showing my account?

GEEZ..... this is truly ridiculous.
Old Apr 27, 2009, 9:09 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by wharvey
I called when the problem first occurred. The hotel person said that the $124 was the correct rate "regardless of what my original email said".

I received a second email response this morning that said in part "If you could please let me know how you received the information regarding the rate increase on your reservation I would be happy to follow up with you. "

Of course, I had provided that in my original message.... can Customer Service NOT see my reservations and see that the $124 rate is now showing my account?

GEEZ..... this is truly ridiculous.

WHAT?? Get outta here! This just a super crazy hot mess!
Old Apr 27, 2009, 9:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Something so simple should not be so complex to resolve. Yikes.

Methinks the Lurkers need to do some retraining!
Old Apr 27, 2009, 10:24 am

I honestly cannot figure out why this is even a problem and why they are being so difficult.

I hate to even bother the lurkers for something that should be so simple to fix.
Old Apr 27, 2009, 10:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I hate to even bother the lurkers for something that should be so simple to fix.
Retraining reps is important. The Lurkers can help with that.
You've had at least three employees give bad responses.
Old Apr 27, 2009, 10:42 am
Suspended

Here is some info for you to chew on.

I made the reservation in my name when the deal was first announced.

I later switched to my wife's name when it was clear re the Free weekend nights deal so we could both earn free nights and I received a new e-mail confirm for the old reservation in her name.

As late as April 13 it was still being read as a $99 rate!
Old Apr 27, 2009, 11:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Originally Posted by DCBob
While it is true that the Fairfax is closer to the Metro (about a 4-minute walk), you gave bum advice on the Westin. The nearest Metro to the Westin City Center is McPherson Square (Blue/Orange lines), a 7-minute walk down 15th Street from M Street to I Street NW.

Your directions would have them walk to Dupont Circle on the Red line. The closest Red line station to the Westin is Farragut North (a 10-minute walk), not Dupont Circle (a 15-minute walk).

I live 2 blocks from the Westin and walk to McPherson Square Metro daily.
Originally Posted by Cheap Elite
Thanks for the correction.

I gave directions to Dupont, think they were interested staying in that area and using that station and I totally forgot about Farragut.

In any event, I should have pulled up google maps.

Thank you both. I didn't realize that Fairfax was the old Embassy Row, which I remember as being evil. Nonetheless, my friends are on the red line, so I think that's where we'll stay.

Needless to say, based on the rest of this thread, I'll be printing my confirmation.

Mike
Old Apr 27, 2009, 11:04 am
Suspended

OK.

I have taken the bull by the horns and have contacted the executive offices at the hotel. They promise me that they are going to have the Revenue manager contact me today -- and I had adivsed that the Accounting Manager never had the courtesy to call me re the points posting issue of last week.

I have advised re how many of us are getting the run around and service not befitting any hotel, much less a Luxury Collection property.

I will keep you posted.

NJ
Old Apr 27, 2009, 11:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by NJUPINTHEAIR
OK.

I have taken the bull by the horns and have contacted the executive offices at the hotel. They promise me that they are going to have the Revenue manager contact me today -- and I had adivsed that the Accounting Manager never had the courtesy to call me re the points posting issue of last week.
Contact Starwood Customer Service. A financial disincentive to the hotel for Starwood's time in posting the stay manually may help...
Old Apr 27, 2009, 12:36 pm
Suspended

Exclamation Feedback requested!

FEEDBACK REQUESTED!

Contact spg.com or by phone and have them re-send the reservation and see if it reflects the correct rate.

Second, anyone stay in the last couple of weeks (please detail date of stay) and advise whether the points posted without contacting spg.

I was told the second problem was taken care of a couple of weeks ago and want to see if points are posting normally now.

Thanks,

NJ
Old Apr 27, 2009, 8:41 pm
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: SPG
Originally Posted by mikeef
Yup, I have heard that William can get pretty vicious with that whip.

Mike
Erm.. I would not want to imagine that. *Erase image immediately*

Dearest wharvey,

Feel free to drop me an email/PM with dates of your reservation.

We are always here to help regardless if it is a small or big issue.

[email protected]

Thyetus Lee | Online Forum Coordinator(AP)
Starwood Customer Contact Centre (AP) Pte Ltd

Last edited by Starwood Lurker II; Apr 27, 2009 at 8:54 pm
Old Apr 27, 2009, 9:12 pm
In memoriam

Programs: Kimpton IC, Hyatt Diamond, Gold Marriott, Lifetime Platinum Starwood
Stayed at this property over the weekend and it was one of the best stays I have ever had at a starwood property in the last year. I had the travelzoo rate and although I had some confusion; I had a printout and confirmation of the travelzoo rate and it was honored. Additionally, as soon as - checked in I was asked what plat amenity I wanted. The staff at this hotel was absolutely perfect in every way. I was very impressed with the staff and can't wait to stay here again.
Old Apr 28, 2009, 4:53 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by Flews
I read these posts as I am booking my next visit to DC.

Fairfax NOT!

Cheers,
Honestly, I'm not sure why you would say that. The latest few people have had billing issues with a certain rate type. Not stay issues.

I've stayed at this property for years and watched it go from a horrible property (furnishings, staff, physical plant, starwood program knowledge & benefits) to a solid property.

If you look at all my posts on this thread, you'll see post where I strongly advise people to avoid this property. Today, I would recommend this property.

Old Apr 28, 2009, 8:01 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by ldsant
Stayed at this property over the weekend and it was one of the best stays I have ever had at a starwood property in the last year. I had the travelzoo rate and although I had some confusion; I had a printout and confirmation of the travelzoo rate and it was honored. Additionally, as soon as - checked in I was asked what plat amenity I wanted. The staff at this hotel was absolutely perfect in every way. I was very impressed with the staff and can't wait to stay here again.

Please advise if your points and stay credit post normally without any resort to CS.

Thanks

NJ
Old Apr 28, 2009, 9:06 am

You have an email.

Thanks,

WIlliam

Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker II
Erm.. I would not want to imagine that. *Erase image immediately*

Dearest wharvey,

Feel free to drop me an email/PM with dates of your reservation.

We are always here to help regardless if it is a small or big issue.

[email protected]

Thyetus Lee | Online Forum Coordinator(AP)
Starwood Customer Contact Centre (AP) Pte Ltd

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.