Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

FAQ: How long does it take to transfer starpoints to AA?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ: How long does it take to transfer starpoints to AA?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2011, 4:23 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by daveland
You mean if I transfer on the 25th it would post on the 30th regardless of whether it appears in the AA account on the 30th or 1st?
It'll post with a trans date of the 25th even if it hits on the 30th. Same thing with miles coming from Hyatt and car rental partners.
Old Nov 15, 2011, 6:47 pm
formerly known as daveland

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTP, Delta Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Wyndham Diamond
Originally Posted by seawolf
It'll post with a trans date of the 25th even if it hits on the 30th. Same thing with miles coming from Hyatt and car rental partners.
Right - but then I guess we are trusting that even though AA is locking" Million Miles earned through 11/30 for the new Million Miler program and that miles earned after 11/30 that aren't BIS won't count, the post date will be what counts. Given they are flipping some sort of switch in this program changeover, I'm not 100% sure this will occur seamlessly. Although I'd guess if SPG initiates on the 30th and it hits over night, it would still be activity on the 30th.

I might be overthinking this, but I'd be off the walls if I transferred 50,000 SPG for Million Miler purposes and it posts a day late - and doesn't count.
Old Nov 16, 2011, 8:25 am

Programs: AA 1mm miler (Gold)
Smile

Just a note, I put in two separate transfers for 20k each + 5k bonus Thursday last week and over the weekend - both posted as of this morning (50k total) confirming the Wednesday posting time.
Old Nov 16, 2011, 8:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

My wife's just came through today, but with earlier days, as expected:

Code:
11/14/11	STARWOOD PREFERRED GUEST	0	25,000	25,000
11/09/11	STARWOOD PREFERRED GUEST	0	75,000	75,000
11/08/11	STARWOOD PREFERRED GUEST	0	75,000	75,000
So that tells me that any transfer until 11/30 will count under the old million miler rules, even if it posts in December. Obviously, though, I don't speak for AA or SPG.
Old Nov 16, 2011, 3:04 pm

Programs: UA G
FWIW, I requested a transfer yesterday afternoon and it didn't show up today. I guess I'm hoping it'll show up in the 11/30 sweep.

This is the first time I've ever done this, so I'm hoping it doesn't get held up.
Old Nov 21, 2011, 7:50 am

Programs: AA PLAT, *wood Gold, Marriott Silver
I need some advice from the SPG transfer gurus....

My SPG account currently has 19600 points, and I'd like to hit 20K so I can transfer and earn the bonus. Unfortuntaly, my SPG Amex doesn't close until 11/26, and while I'll have > 20K points, by then I'm worried that I'd miss the cutoff to AA by 11/30.

if I buy 500 points today (for $14), how quickly will that be deposited so I can make the transfer?

Other options i've considered are exchange via Points.com or Membership Rewards. If those are faster, I'll try as well.
Old Nov 21, 2011, 11:36 am

Programs: AA PLAT, *wood Gold, Marriott Silver
Well, I got antsy and decided to give this a try.
1. Purchased 500 SPG points- this posted to my account within 15 minutes
2. Initiated transfer to AA- will wait and see

Originally Posted by dave_SEA
I need some advice from the SPG transfer gurus....

My SPG account currently has 19600 points, and I'd like to hit 20K so I can transfer and earn the bonus. Unfortuntaly, my SPG Amex doesn't close until 11/26, and while I'll have > 20K points, by then I'm worried that I'd miss the cutoff to AA by 11/30.

if I buy 500 points today (for $14), how quickly will that be deposited so I can make the transfer?

Other options i've considered are exchange via Points.com or Membership Rewards. If those are faster, I'll try as well.
Old Nov 30, 2011, 8:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Anyone get an 11/30 sweep? Nothing here for my accounts.
Old Nov 30, 2011, 8:48 am

Programs: SPG Plat, CO Gold, AA Plat, Marriott Silver, HH Gold, Citigroup Chairman
11/30 Postings

Originally Posted by josephstern
Anyone get an 11/30 sweep? Nothing here for my accounts.
I made 3 60k SPG transfers to AA on Thursday, Friday and Saturday of last week. All made it into the Wednesday sweep, bringing my balance north of 2MM AA miles today!
Old Nov 30, 2011, 9:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jayzee9
I made 3 60k SPG transfers to AA on Thursday, Friday and Saturday of last week. All made it into the Wednesday sweep, bringing my balance north of 2MM AA miles today!
Great timing - Congrats!

Make sure to use those SWUs before Feb of 2013.
Old Dec 14, 2011, 11:10 am

Programs: onepass ba united virgin
I did a 20k transfer to AA on friday dec. 9 and someone told me that it should show up over the weekend its wed. today and the points are still not in my AA account and i have a reservation on hold which is cancelling tonight. whom should i contact why the points are not in my account the points are gone from my spg account since friday.
Old Dec 14, 2011, 6:25 pm

So I've been following this thread and have a reservation on hold which will be canceling soon. I have transferred 40k over on Monday night, and I'm hoping it would make it into the bi-weekly sweep because it would really be a pain to change what I currently have.

Based on what people have posted here, it seems like the next biweekly seep is today 12/14. Points likely will be posted tonight or tomorrow. (Seems like lots of people either get it on Wed or Thurs).

Starwood does say to allow 2 weeks for the transfer. I don't know if there was a way to expedite. If only Starwood would reinstate the instant transfer that they have back in the day, that would solve a lot of issues.

EDIT: data point - hopefully useful for someone else - it's posted to my AA account. It did not post as of wed midnight, but it's in my account today (Thursday) morning. Whew, I can breath a sigh of relief now...

Originally Posted by tslizzy
I did a 20k transfer to AA on friday dec. 9 and someone told me that it should show up over the weekend its wed. today and the points are still not in my AA account and i have a reservation on hold which is cancelling tonight. whom should i contact why the points are not in my account the points are gone from my spg account since friday.

Last edited by BOShappyflyer; Dec 15, 2011 at 6:13 am
Old Feb 1, 2012, 10:57 pm
Suspended

Programs: HH Diamond, SPG Gold, PC Platinum Ambassador, Marriott Silver
Transfer requested Sunday 1/29/12, miles were in my AA account the morning of Wednesday 2/1/12.

IME transfers have always occurred on the next Wednesday.
Old Apr 8, 2012, 12:36 am
Suspended

so i really want to redeem an award ticket on aa but im 9300 miles short typial story. If i transfer the starpoints sunday tomorrow will they post on wed/thurs? I was trying to scan this forum seems like they post on Wed typically? I can only put the awar ticket on hold until Friday so im thinking this might work out most likely?
Old Apr 8, 2012, 12:15 pm
Suspended

Anyone have a guess if this is a week the sweep happens do they only deposit every other wed?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.