FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FAQ: How long does it take to transfer starpoints to AA?
Old Dec 14, 2011, 6:25 pm
BOShappyflyer

So I've been following this thread and have a reservation on hold which will be canceling soon. I have transferred 40k over on Monday night, and I'm hoping it would make it into the bi-weekly sweep because it would really be a pain to change what I currently have.

Based on what people have posted here, it seems like the next biweekly seep is today 12/14. Points likely will be posted tonight or tomorrow. (Seems like lots of people either get it on Wed or Thurs).

Starwood does say to allow 2 weeks for the transfer. I don't know if there was a way to expedite. If only Starwood would reinstate the instant transfer that they have back in the day, that would solve a lot of issues.

EDIT: data point - hopefully useful for someone else - it's posted to my AA account. It did not post as of wed midnight, but it's in my account today (Thursday) morning. Whew, I can breath a sigh of relief now...

Originally Posted by tslizzy
I did a 20k transfer to AA on friday dec. 9 and someone told me that it should show up over the weekend its wed. today and the points are still not in my AA account and i have a reservation on hold which is cancelling tonight. whom should i contact why the points are not in my account the points are gone from my spg account since friday.

Last edited by BOShappyflyer; Dec 15, 2011 at 6:13 am