Search

New Promo: 25% Off Reward Redemption

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2004, 6:11 pm

Programs: DL 2.8 MM/PM, AA MM/GLD, Marriott LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
Thanks for posting this!
Old Jul 12, 2004, 6:48 pm

Programs: UA 1k, *W Plat., AA Gold, Hertz PC
I just saved ~20k points for my Italian vacation!

J
Old Jul 12, 2004, 7:22 pm

I have a reservation at the Hotel Romazzino in Sardinia for August. I used 80,000 starpoints to book 5 nights. With this promotion, the same room would cost me 60,000 points.

I checked online and the hotel is completely sold out. I called Platinum Concierge and I was told that the only way the could reserve a room under the new promotion is to first cancel it. Since there is a waiting list for this hotel, I am likely to lose my reservation. They asked me to take this up with customer service, which was no help. They guy told me that I would have to stick to my original reservation or lose it. He would not offer me credit for the difference (20,000 points) either.

Does anyone know any other way to get around this? Perhaps William could provide some direction.
Old Jul 12, 2004, 7:28 pm
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by ilchib
I have a reservation at the Hotel Romazzino in Sardinia for August. I used 80,000 starpoints to book 5 nights. With this promotion, the same room would cost me 60,000 points.

I checked online and the hotel is completely sold out. I called Platinum Concierge and I was told that the only way the could reserve a room under the new promotion is to first cancel it. Since there is a waiting list for this hotel, I am likely to lose my reservation. They asked me to take this up with customer service, which was no help. They guy told me that I would have to stick to my original reservation or lose it. He would not offer me credit for the difference (20,000 points) either.

Does anyone know any other way to get around this? Perhaps William could provide some direction.
Sorry, but no. The hotel is sold out, so you would have to keep the reservation you have now.

Sincerely,

William R. Sanders
Customer Service Coordinator
Starwood Preferred Services

[email protected]
Old Jul 12, 2004, 9:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
How do I do this please.

I want an award night for 2 weeks time. Property will allow it at 25% off the normal rate it seems by website.

I want to book a suite and that costs double usual points rate. But you can't book a suite on line.

If I book on line for 25% off and phone SPG will the extra miles for suite be also 25% off?
Old Jul 12, 2004, 11:54 pm

Third Party Award Reservations

How would it work to try to use points to book a room for a third party under this promo? Can one make an award reservation online using the discount and then phone reservations to "transfer" the reservation over to a different name??

In my particular case, a family member would be booking an award reservation for me to use on my honeymoon.
Old Jul 13, 2004, 12:00 am

How long after you cancel will the points repost?

I have a 5 day reservation at the Park Lane in London end of next month. If I cancel how long before the points show up in my account so I can rebook online?
Old Jul 13, 2004, 12:05 am

Originally Posted by cstreet
I have a 5 day reservation at the Park Lane in London end of next month. If I cancel how long before the points show up in my account so I can rebook online?
Immediately! Just ask the reservationist to make sure that the points go back to your account.
Old Jul 13, 2004, 1:19 am

Talking Very Nice

Just rebooked and picked up another night with the points I saved. Gotta love Starwood!
Old Jul 13, 2004, 2:56 am

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Ambassador/Lifetime Titanium, Accor Silver, Club Carlson Gold, BW Diamond
Originally Posted by TravelScholar
How would it work to try to use points to book a room for a third party under this promo? Can one make an award reservation online using the discount and then phone reservations to "transfer" the reservation over to a different name??

In my particular case, a family member would be booking an award reservation for me to use on my honeymoon.
From what I learned today: The reservation would be made by the account holder, online, in order to get the discounted point redemption. Since it's made online, another name cannot be added by the person that makes the reservation, because there is no place to do that online. If you call reservations, and they add the name to the reservation, it would constitute a "change" to the reservation, which means that the award would revert back to the normal point cost. So, the reservationist must send a message to the hotel informing them of the name of the person actually using the room.

At least this is how it was handled in my case. It took a while, but the point savings was worth it, and the agent was VERY nice about it.

Aloha
Old Jul 13, 2004, 7:44 am

Not in Montreal

I just booked a hotel room in Montreal for two nights during August, but 6,000 points was taken out of my account. Thus no 25% discount. I used the link that came with the e-mail Starwood sent me, but it does not give me the discount. "This offer is valid at all Starwood Preferred Guest participating properties worldwide". It seems that this statement is not true.
Old Jul 13, 2004, 8:49 am

Programs: UA UGS, SPG Plat.
Just saved 12K points!!
Old Jul 13, 2004, 9:03 am

I have the same basic question as ozstamps. I am trying to obtain a 2 bedroom suite at the Four Points in St. Catharines, Ontario and can only book the one bedroom at spg.com. Is there some way by which I use points to upgrade to the two bedroom suite and keep the discount?

All help would be appreciated.

Steve
Old Jul 13, 2004, 10:35 am

Programs: Starwood Gold, HH Diamond,Hyatt Diamond
UpGrade

Lurker, I have a res a the Bristol in Vienna using the Taste of Luxury Promo .Can I use this to upgrade to a suite from the Deluxe room I currently have. .If cant do that from the existing res can I use this special to upgrade from a new reservation.
Old Jul 13, 2004, 10:36 am
ski

You might try the web desk if you did not get the discount when booking During the promotion. They will create a file and credit the points.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.