FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starwood-starwood-preferred-guest-429/)
-   -   New Promo: 25% Off Reward Redemption (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starwood-starwood-preferred-guest/336564-new-promo-25-off-reward-redemption.html)

ac/elite Jul 12, 2004 12:21 am

New Promo: 25% Off Reward Redemption

Just noticed they're offering 25% off reward bookings. Must book online between July 12-16 for stays completed by August 31. The entire stay must be completed by that date. Valid at all SPG participating hotels worldwide. Includes 5th night free and discounted weekend rewards as well.

Sydfly Jul 12, 2004 1:01 am

I couldn't find a link for your offer, but it surely works once you log on and search for your award. It wasn't there a few hours ago.

Thanks for posting this!

RunawayNFly Jul 12, 2004 1:43 am

Great find! Thanks! :)

I wish that Starwood would have sent out E-Mails telling members of this.

stimpy Jul 12, 2004 2:22 am

Thanks! I just saved 6000 points on a future reservation. But I have a 10000 Starpoint stay for tonight that I tried to change, but the website won't let me book a new award reservation at the hotel. I called SPG and they said they can't help. So I'm out 2500 on that stay. Oh well.

kawoh Jul 12, 2004 3:28 am

what about points and pay awards?

what about points and pay awards?

SteveinA2 Jul 12, 2004 3:40 am

According to the Terms and Conditions It looks like it does not apply to Cash and points, but as always William will have the definative answer. Great promo, shame it does not extend one more week as I'm burning 60,000 points over labor day.

Terms and Conditions:

In order to receive the 25% Off Starpoint redemption offer, members must book at SPG.com between 7/12/04 and 7/16/04.
Awards must be redeemed by 8/31/04. Entire stay must be completed within offer dates for Percent Off redemption offer to apply.
If any day of a stay is not within the offer dates, no portion of the stay will be discounted.
Advance reservations required.
Percent Off redemption offer is only available when redeeming for a Free Night Awards on SPG.com Starwood Preferred Guests will receive percent off on 5th Night Free and Weekend Discount Awards as well.
This offer is valid at all Starwood Preferred Guest participating properties worldwide.
If there is any change to an award outside of the offer dates (whether adding, deleting or moving nights) the member forfeits the Percent Off redemption offer for that award.
If a Percent Off redemption award is canceled, the member's account will be credited only the amount of Starpoints used to order the Percent Off redemption award.
All promotions associated with Starwood Preferred Guest program are subject to the general terms and conditions of the Starwood Preferred Guest program and are subject to change without notice.
Void where prohibited by law.
Not to be combined with other offers or promotions.

AJLondon Jul 12, 2004 3:44 am

Does it apply to "Night & Flight Awards". Either the 60k or the 70k one...

Dambus Jul 12, 2004 5:22 am

^ Thanks for posting!

Special Starpoint Offer for Gold Preferred Guests!
Now through Jul 16, 2004, stay for fewer Starpoints!
Redeem by Jul 16, 2004 and receive up to 25% off your Starpoint redemption. That's only 1,500 Starpoints per night. (Based on off-peak rates.)
So what do Plat's get? :)

-- Dambus

fly co to see the yanks Jul 12, 2004 7:02 am

the st. regis NYC is not participating. i checked on level 5 and 6 hotels in manhattan. the W Union Square had the "25% off" notice but the St. Regis didn't.

dhammer53 Jul 12, 2004 8:16 am

Just saved a cool 10,000 points at the Bristol. I was going to upgrade to the Imperial; but sadly, not available for the length of my stay.

:cool:

kamml Jul 12, 2004 8:26 am

Perfect Timing!

Just saved 25% at the Sheraton Commander in Cambridge. Had no trouble getting the reward booking, even though when I tried a simple availibility search it told me that no rooms were available....

yojimbo Jul 12, 2004 9:45 am

Thanks for posting this.

I just saved 3,000 points off an award in Florence.

roman Jul 12, 2004 10:42 am

Thanks,

booked a new room and then canceled the old, but I saved 25%!!

Roman

Starwood Lurker Jul 12, 2004 11:26 am

Originally Posted by AJLondon
Does it apply to "Night & Flight Awards". Either the 60k or the 70k one...

No.

Sincerely,

William R. Sanders
Customer Service Coordinator
Starwood Preferred Services

[email protected]

gleff Jul 12, 2004 2:04 pm

Just got the offer from SPG by email. So they're sending it ... just a bit slow. :) (Or maybe they didn't want to frustrate customers by sending them to the website before they could book the promo? And their entire email list must be huge, take a little while to process, especially since the messages are personalized with SPG point balance and email address at the bottom of the text)