Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Promo: 25% Off Reward Redemption

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2004, 2:24 pm

Programs: QF WP, AA EXP
Are St. Regis properties not participating in this? If so, the terms & conditions need to be revised to reflect this. I've checked LA, NYC, and OC, and none of them are honoring the discount online.

Edited to add: Checked all of the other St. Regis properties, and they all seem to not be available either.

Last edited by SNA_Flyer; Jul 12, 2004 at 2:33 pm
Old Jul 12, 2004, 2:55 pm

Programs: AA EXP and Lifetime Gold, UA LifetMarriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond
I just booked a night at Sheraton Iowa City, Iowa. It's a category 2 hotel, which requires 3,000 points normally .

When I redeem, it takes 3,000 points instead of the promotion 2,250. My stay is July 27, which is within the promotion period.

WHat do I do wrong here?
Old Jul 12, 2004, 3:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Did you book through the link on the eMail announcing this "sale"? Mine arrived this afternoon.
Old Jul 12, 2004, 3:20 pm

Programs: AA EXP and Lifetime Gold, UA LifetMarriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Shareholder
Did you book through the link on the eMail announcing this "sale"? Mine arrived this afternoon.
Yes I did.
The strange part is it says "You saved 25% of Starpoints", but it took 3000 points.
Old Jul 12, 2004, 3:37 pm

Programs: AC E75, SPG Plat, HH peon-by-choice (ex Gold)
Originally Posted by Bookexp
Yes I did.
The strange part is it says "You saved 25% of Starpoints", but it took 3000 points.

Aren't CAT2's 3000 pts on the weekend and 4000 pts on the weekday? In that case, since it's July 27, you did save 25%.
Old Jul 12, 2004, 3:44 pm
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by Braindrain
Aren't CAT2's 3000 pts on the weekend and 4000 pts on the weekday? In that case, since it's July 27, you did save 25%.
Bingo!

Sincerely,

William R. Sanders
Customer Service Coordinator
Starwood Preferred Services

[email protected]
Old Jul 12, 2004, 3:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
Unfortunately, the chart included in the e-mail is misleading. It only shows the points needed for a weekend night for Category 1 and 2 hotels, not the midweek rates. That is probably why Bookexp was confused.
Old Jul 12, 2004, 4:00 pm

Can we call in to reprice the existing reward reservation, or we have to do a new reservation then cancel the old one?
Old Jul 12, 2004, 4:34 pm

Location: SYD, Australia......Hotels: HHon LT Diamond, Hyatt LT Glob, Marriott AMB (LT Gold), IHG AMB (20 years of SCC and RoyAMB dropped 2024)...Airlines: BA GGL (OW Emerald), LH FTL (*S), QF Plat (LT Gold), VA, UA Silver (*S), SQ Silver (*S)
I was told that this has to be booked on spg.com and that they could not simply change your reservation. In my case I had a non-smoking room confirmed, but now the hotel only has smoking rooms left. I don't know whether I should cancel my non-smoking room and hope that it instantly shows up again on the website...Does anyone have any experience with doing that? Would this room go straight back into the room inventory?
Old Jul 12, 2004, 5:09 pm

Originally Posted by gachen
Can we call in to reprice the existing reward reservation, or we have to do a new reservation then cancel the old one?
You would have to book a new one online and then call to cancel the old one.

Sincerely,

William R. Sanders

[email protected]
Old Jul 12, 2004, 5:13 pm

Originally Posted by Sydfly
I was told that this has to be booked on spg.com and that they could not simply change your reservation. In my case I had a non-smoking room confirmed, but now the hotel only has smoking rooms left. I don't know whether I should cancel my non-smoking room and hope that it instantly shows up again on the website...Does anyone have any experience with doing that? Would this room go straight back into the room inventory?
It may or may not go back into inventory, but if it did, it probably would not become immediately available.

You could note your preference for a non-smoking room in remarks to the hotel by calling the Customer Contact Center; however, this would be a preference request and not a guarantee to get a non-smoking room.

Sincerely,

William R. Sanders

[email protected]
Old Jul 12, 2004, 5:24 pm

Which hotels don't participate?

I just made bookings for Dresden and Leipzig and was very pleased to save some points. Unfortunately, I cannot get this at the Sheraton Krakow even though it has award rooms available.

Starwood Lurker - is this offer not valid at the Krakow hotel or is this just an oversight as this is a fairly new location?
Old Jul 12, 2004, 5:40 pm

I don't know.

Originally Posted by acnev
I just made bookings for Dresden and Leipzig and was very pleased to save some points. Unfortunately, I cannot get this at the Sheraton Krakow even though it has award rooms available.

Starwood Lurker - is this offer not valid at the Krakow hotel or is this just an oversight as this is a fairly new location?
I haven't seen the Terms and Conditions, a participating property list, and neither is it in my promotion grid, so I'm flying blind at this point in time.

I've asked the SPG gurus for some assistance, but it may not be coming until tomorrow.

Sincerely,

William R. Sanders

[email protected]
Old Jul 12, 2004, 5:46 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
Thumbs up

ac elite: Oh-so-thank-U ^ . Last week I just reserved the Holiday Inn of Downtown Vancouver with PC points for Aug. 27-29, but now I think I'll take the Westin Grand instead.
Old Jul 12, 2004, 5:47 pm

Thanks for the quick response, Starwood Lurker. I will check back tomorrow to see if the Krakow location will hopefully participate in this program.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.