Wiki Posts
Search

New Promo: 25% Off Reward Redemption

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2004, 11:22 am
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by acnev
Starwood Lurker - I am still not able to get Krakow even though there are award rooms for multiple dates within the eligibility period. Can you help? Thanks
acnev, you might want to check the redemption site. The Sheraton Krakow is showing up there when I search for it:

Sheraton Krakow Hotel
Krakow 0.0 mi 25% Off!
Terms & Conditions 5,250
Category 3

Sincerely,

William R. Sanders
Customer Service Coordinator
Starwood Preferred Services

[email protected]

Last edited by Starwood Lurker; Jul 14, 2004 at 11:34 am
Old Jul 14, 2004, 11:55 am

Originally Posted by FlyMan
I made a reservation at W Union Square for 2 nights using the 25% off spg point link last night. When I reached the final confirmation page on the web, it said it will deduct 18,000 points - which is 25% off.

Upon checking my account balance today, it showed 24,000 points deduction for category 5 low season - which does NOT reflect the 25% off.

I just sent a message to Customer Service - if this is not fixed by July 16, I will probably be canceling the reservation, and will not make any more new reservations using the 25% off link...

P.S.: Just received response this morning already - "Please be advised, we have a system problem in relation to this promotion at the moment. Our programmers have been made aware of it and are working on it. We apologize for any inconvenience caused. Please note I have opened a Corporate Services file in relation to this matter. As long as you do not cancel the reservation and you stay in the hotel the 25% discount will be re-credited to your Starwood Preferred Guest account upon departure." I love this quick response!!
I've requested that 6,000 Starpoints be returned to your account.

Sincerely,

William R. Sanders

[email protected]
Old Jul 14, 2004, 11:56 am

Originally Posted by rlaakso
William,
It is The Four Points Centre-ville. I have a reservation for 8/27-29/2004. I used 6,000 Starpoints to make it this AM.

Thanks,
Richard Laakso
I've requested that 1,500 Starpoints be returned to your account.

Sincerely,

William R. Sanders

[email protected]
Old Jul 14, 2004, 12:22 pm

Thanks Starwood Lurker

Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker
acnev, you might want to check the redemption site. The Sheraton Krakow is showing up there when I search for it:

Sheraton Krakow Hotel
Krakow 0.0 mi 25% Off!
Terms & Conditions 5,250
Category 3

Sincerely,

William R. Sanders

[email protected]
Thanks William.

The interesting thing is that when I tried redeeming using the link on spg.com, it didn't work. It did work when I used the link that was sent in the eamil.
Old Jul 14, 2004, 1:55 pm

I've requested that 6,000 Starpoints be returned to your account.

Sincerely,

William R. Sanders

[email protected]
Thanks, William... ^
Old Jul 15, 2004, 5:38 pm

Thumbs up

I've requested that 1,500 Starpoints be returned to your account.

Sincerely,

William R. Sanders

[email protected]
Thank you for performing this service. You and your position are a great asset to the Starwood program!!

Many Thanks,
Richard laakso
Old Jul 16, 2004, 1:00 pm
Suspended

Programs: HH Diamond, SPG Gold, PC Platinum Ambassador, Marriott Silver
Nice promo (it has "saved" me a bunch of points), and Lurker has been stellar. ^^

Just wondering one thing as I sit here on the last day of the promo: If

the intention of the promotion - to spur new award bookings ...
is true, then why the very limited time to make bookings? I would think that the ability to make discounted award bookings at any time up to the end of the 8/31 stay deadline would have spurred even more new bookings.
Old Jul 16, 2004, 1:55 pm

Originally Posted by cactuspete
Nice promo (it has "saved" me a bunch of points), and Lurker has been stellar. ^^

Just wondering one thing as I sit here on the last day of the promo: If

is true, then why the very limited time to make bookings? I would think that the ability to make discounted award bookings at any time up to the end of the 8/31 stay deadline would have spurred even more new bookings.
Well, the real intention was just to say thanks for voting us Program of the Year for 5 straight years. The fact that it helps to fill hotel space that will hopefully result in some additional incidental charges at the properties was secondary.

Sincerely,

William R. Sanders

[email protected]
Old Jul 16, 2004, 4:25 pm
Suspended

Programs: HH Diamond, SPG Gold, PC Platinum Ambassador, Marriott Silver
Well, the real intention was just to say thanks for voting us Program of the Year for 5 straight years. The fact that it helps to fill hotel space that will hopefully result in some additional incidental charges at the properties was secondary.
If SPG cuts the redemption rate by 25%, I promise to incur some additional incidental charges on all of my award stays.
Old Jul 17, 2004, 9:36 am

Can my problem be fixed?

Dear William,

Any chance the web guys can fix my problem (reported on pg.5). Specifically, the web site will not let me view or book Cat. 4 properties, even though I have the "discounted" amount of pts.

Yes, I went through the email link. The properties I am allowed to see show the proper discount but I am unable to see above Cat. 3.

Thanks in advance.
Old Jul 17, 2004, 1:54 pm

Am I crazy or didn't I see yesterday (July 16), the supposed last day for this promotion, that the 25% off would be available if booked by July 17. I saw it on the web page for a number of Starwood hotels (Mt. Tremblant, the Palace, St. Regis Aspen) as my wife and I tried to figure out where to go in August. So I waited until today (the 17th) and there is no mention of it. Lurker, can you help? Can anyone else verify this for me? I'm making a reservation today. Thanks.
Old Jul 17, 2004, 2:32 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat Premier/LT Plat; SPG Plat/LT Gold; Hilton Gold; Hyatt Plat
it did say something like book by 16th redeem by 17th or something nuts like that.
Old Jul 17, 2004, 4:11 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Starwood Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Delta Platinum
Terms and Conditions

Originally Posted by welookgood.com
it did say something like book by 16th redeem by 17th or something nuts like that.
Terms and Conditions:

In order to receive the 25% Off Starpoint redemption offer, members must book at SPG.com between 7/12/04 and 7/16/04.
Awards must be redeemed by 8/31/04. Entire stay must be completed within offer dates for Percent Off redemption offer to apply.
Old Jul 17, 2004, 5:46 pm

Programs: UA 2MM Lifetime Plat, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by cincyflyer
Am I crazy or didn't I see yesterday (July 16), the supposed last day for this promotion, that the 25% off would be available if booked by July 17. I saw it on the web page for a number of Starwood hotels (Mt. Tremblant, the Palace, St. Regis Aspen) as my wife and I tried to figure out where to go in August. So I waited until today (the 17th) and there is no mention of it. Lurker, can you help? Can anyone else verify this for me? I'm making a reservation today. Thanks.
I saw the 16th in some places originally, but then I also saw the 17th. I don't recall exactly where I saw the 17th but I do think it was when I pulled up a couple hotels.
Old Jul 17, 2004, 6:13 pm

I know what the terms and conditions stated, but when I looked at various hotels on thursday and friday on spg.com, they all had a rectangular box under the picture of the hotel that noted the 25% point discount for stays booked July 12-17. I am positive of this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.