Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Promo: 25% Off Reward Redemption

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13, 2004, 3:31 pm

Location: RDU, Delta GM/1MM, Hilton Diamond (for now), Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by rlaakso
I just booked a hotel room in Montreal for two nights during August, but 6,000 points was taken out of my account. Thus no 25% discount. I used the link that came with the e-mail Starwood sent me, but it does not give me the discount. "This offer is valid at all Starwood Preferred Guest participating properties worldwide". It seems that this statement is not true.
Were the 2 nights during the week at a Cat 1 or Cat 2 property? If so those are 1000 more points per night during the week.
Old Jul 13, 2004, 3:59 pm
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by bnc
just do a transfer to starpoints, I think I will be late for this promotion. Is there a way to book it now & redeem the point later when I've the points available in my account?
No, the points have to be in your account to redeem at 25% off.

Sincerely,

William R. Sanders
Customer Service Coordinator
Starwood Preferred Services

[email protected]
Old Jul 13, 2004, 4:02 pm

Originally Posted by jfulcher
Were the 2 nights during the week at a Cat 1 or Cat 2 property? If so those are 1000 more points per night during the week.
His reservation was for a Friday and Saturday, which should have been 1,500 Starpoints less than 6,000.

Sincerely,

William R. Sanders

[email protected]
Old Jul 13, 2004, 4:04 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum (3MM), QF Lifetime Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, Ex-Hyatt Diamond
When do you see the 25% off? I was looking at Wahsington DC and they were showing 10,000 points for actegory 4, which is not a sale price?
Old Jul 13, 2004, 4:07 pm

Originally Posted by nologic
When do you see the 25% off? I was looking at Wahsington DC and they were showing 10,000 points for actegory 4, which is not a sale price?
Did you use the 25% off redemption link at spg.com?

All the Category 4 hotels I found in Washington, DC using this link say 7,500 Starpoints.

Sincerely,

William R. Sanders

[email protected]

Last edited by Starwood Lurker; Jul 13, 2004 at 4:11 pm
Old Jul 13, 2004, 4:23 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum (3MM), QF Lifetime Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, Ex-Hyatt Diamond
Sorry, My mistake...I was searching for Aug 30-September 2nd, and two of those nights are after the expiration.
Old Jul 13, 2004, 4:28 pm

OK, I hate to be difficult, but points are points. I have a 3 night award stay booked at the Sheraton Mirage Port Douglas checking in on 8/29 and out on 9/1. I suppose the night of 8/31 does not count for the promotion?

I am considering canceling that reservation and then making 2 new award reservations, one for the first 2 nights and then a separate one for the last night. This will require checking out and in again. Other than the hassle of doing this, will I be violating any rules if I do this? I would net an additional 5K points by doing this.
Old Jul 13, 2004, 4:38 pm

Originally Posted by DCA_not_Reagan
OK, I hate to be difficult, but points are points. I have a 3 night award stay booked at the Sheraton Mirage Port Douglas checking in on 8/29 and out on 9/1. I suppose the night of 8/31 does not count for the promotion?

I am considering canceling that reservation and then making 2 new award reservations, one for the first 2 nights and then a separate one for the last night. This will require checking out and in again. Other than the hassle of doing this, will I be violating any rules if I do this? I would net an additional 5K points by doing this.
You probably will not be required to check-in and then out again. Only you can decide if the 5,000 Starpoints are worth re-booking and then cancelling the first.

Other than being outside the intention of the promotion - to spur new award bookings - you wouldn't be breaking any rules that I am aware of.

Sincerely,

William R. Sanders

[email protected]
Old Jul 13, 2004, 5:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Silver
A good *wood day

I am currently staying at a Sheraton, completing my 10th night to get my 2nd 5000 stay 5 nights, get 5000 promotion. From the room, cancelled & rebooked my stay 5 nights, redeem 4, at the W Chicago Lakeshore, reducing it from 40000 points to 30000. Plus I am getting my flyertalk 500 points bonus for this stay. 15,500 points for this stay, not bad!
Old Jul 13, 2004, 9:11 pm

Couldn't book it

I was unable to book a Cat 4 at the discount because SPG.com limited me to viewing Cat 1-3. I have 7500 pts. but NOT the normal 10,000. Web site is not set up to handle people in that situation. So I did not book...
Old Jul 13, 2004, 9:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Debbie7452
I was unable to book a Cat 4 at the discount because SPG.com limited me to viewing Cat 1-3. I have 7500 pts. but NOT the normal 10,000. Web site is not set up to handle people in that situation. So I did not book...
Sounds like a potential bug...hopefully the Lurker can get it straightened out.

But did you try accessing the site through the link in your email or maybe one on the home page? Not sure if it should matter, but worth a try.
Old Jul 13, 2004, 11:17 pm

Well...

I made a reservation at W Union Square for 2 nights using the 25% off spg point link last night. When I reached the final confirmation page on the web, it said it will deduct 18,000 points - which is 25% off.

Upon checking my account balance today, it showed 24,000 points deduction for category 5 low season - which does NOT reflect the 25% off.

I just sent a message to Customer Service - if this is not fixed by July 16, I will probably be canceling the reservation, and will not make any more new reservations using the 25% off link...

P.S.: Just received response this morning already - "Please be advised, we have a system problem in relation to this promotion at the moment. Our programmers have been made aware of it and are working on it. We apologize for any inconvenience caused. Please note I have opened a Corporate Services file in relation to this matter. As long as you do not cancel the reservation and you stay in the hotel the 25% discount will be re-credited to your Starwood Preferred Guest account upon departure." I love this quick response!!

Last edited by FlyMan; Jul 14, 2004 at 8:52 am Reason: Update - got response from Customer Service
Old Jul 14, 2004, 3:33 am

Programs: Marriott LT Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
Four Points by Sheraton Central Koln - no discount is available ;-(

will it be possible to fix? )
Old Jul 14, 2004, 8:53 am

Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker
All the St. Regis properties were added this morning. There was apparently some confusion as to whether they would or would not be participating.

The Sheraton Krakow was also added. If I learn of any other properties where the 25% off redemption is not working, I can try to have them added as well.

The Atlantic has been requested just now.

Sincerely,

William R. Sanders

[email protected]
Starwood Lurker - I am still not able to get Krakow even though there are award rooms for multiple dates within the eligibility period. Can you help? Thanks
Old Jul 14, 2004, 11:20 am

Originally Posted by RussianGuy
will it be possible to fix? )
RussianGuy, the Four Points by Sheraton Central Koln is on the redemption site now.

Sincerely,

William R. Sanders

[email protected]

Last edited by Starwood Lurker; Jul 14, 2004 at 11:41 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.