FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New Promo: 25% Off Reward Redemption
View Single Post
Old Jul 13, 2004, 11:17 pm
FlyMan

Well...

I made a reservation at W Union Square for 2 nights using the 25% off spg point link last night. When I reached the final confirmation page on the web, it said it will deduct 18,000 points - which is 25% off.

Upon checking my account balance today, it showed 24,000 points deduction for category 5 low season - which does NOT reflect the 25% off.

I just sent a message to Customer Service - if this is not fixed by July 16, I will probably be canceling the reservation, and will not make any more new reservations using the 25% off link...

P.S.: Just received response this morning already - "Please be advised, we have a system problem in relation to this promotion at the moment. Our programmers have been made aware of it and are working on it. We apologize for any inconvenience caused. Please note I have opened a Corporate Services file in relation to this matter. As long as you do not cancel the reservation and you stay in the hotel the 25% discount will be re-credited to your Starwood Preferred Guest account upon departure." I love this quick response!!

Last edited by FlyMan; Jul 14, 2004 at 8:52 am Reason: Update - got response from Customer Service