Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Best Hotels to use the SPG50 (50% OFF Rack Rate Certificate)...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 28, 2015, 8:11 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: lcpteck
Terms and Conditions
  • 50% Off Award is subject to availability; advance reservations required. Callers must advise they are using a 50% Off Award and request Rate Plan ID: SPG50 when making reservations. The number and type of rooms offered may be limited and black-out dates may apply. 50% Off Award may not apply to suites at all hotels.
  • 50% Off Award is valid for a maximum of up to five consecutive nights at SPG50 participating hotels worldwide. Using the 50% Off Award for less than five nights, forfeits any unused nights, and the 50% Off Award is no longer valid for use in connection with any other stay.
  • Most, but not all, Starwood Preferred Guest participating hotels participate in the 50% Off Award. 50% Off Awards are NOT valid in Hawaii or at the Bahrain Sheraton Hotel.
  • At Sheraton Vacation Resorts and Westin Vacation Resorts, the 50% Off Award length of stay requirements may vary. Please call for specific requirements. However, only one certificate is required regardless of how many nights a guest is eligible to stay at Vacation Resorts.
  • 50% Off Award is valid on regular (RACK) room rates based upon availability of the SPG50 Rate Plan.
  • 50% Off Award may not be applied toward service charges, room tax, food and beverages, parking, gratuities, gift shop purchases, or other incidental charges and taxes.
  • Starwood Preferred Guest Members are eligible to receive Starpoints for the paid portion of the stay only. Starpoints cannot be earned on any paid portion of the SPG50 Rate Plan at Sheraton Vacation Resorts or Westin Vacation Resorts.
  • 50% Off Award reservations are commissionable to Travel Agents.
  • Standard Guarantee and Deposit Policy applies and varies by hotel.
  • 50% Off Award is not combinable with other room or rate promotional discounts or special programs, including Upgrade Certificates.
  • 50% off Award is good for only one room during the stay.
  • 50% Off Award has no cash value.
Print Wikipost

Best Hotels to use the SPG50 (50% OFF Rack Rate Certificate)...

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2006, 6:11 am

Kota Kinabalu (Sabah, Malaysia) in August.
Old Aug 8, 2006, 7:12 am

Programs: Darth Vader of AMEX, A ladys best friend of Hilton, Pt78 of SPG, *G ,*S, ANA VIP
all japan

Originally Posted by honu
Kota Kinabalu (Sabah, Malaysia) in August.
hotels let you use it
Old Aug 8, 2006, 7:50 am
Tak

Programs:  UA 1MM, JAL JGC Diamond, SPG Lifetime PLT, AMEX PLT
I just used at Bangkok Royal Meridien Plaza Athenee .
Old Aug 8, 2006, 11:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Whoa $244 Jr Suite @ LM Beverly Hills if they allow use of SPG50 there. That's $50 under base room BAR. I think I checked something like 10/1/06.
Old Aug 9, 2006, 10:03 am

is it only possible to use at hotels that participte in SGP or it should work at any LeMeridien on their rack rate?
Old Aug 9, 2006, 10:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Props decide >

1. If rooms will allow SPG50
2. If standard and/or select suites with allow SPG50
3. What blackout dates they want (I think, unless Starwood itself determines the blackout dates for SPG50)
Old Aug 9, 2006, 11:49 am
In memoriam

Programs: Kimpton IC, Hyatt Diamond, Gold Marriott, Lifetime Platinum Starwood
Remember that the 50% off is on RACK RATES. There have been several instances where there are lower rates available through AAA, corp discounts, promos, etc.

I just don't want people to think that if they see a rate listed on the spg site they get 50% off that particular rate. From many other previous posters, these coupons seem to work best in Europe and Asia properties.
Old Aug 9, 2006, 12:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

As I said in post 7, on 10/1/06 LM Beverly Hills has SPG50 (50% off rack rate) on a Jr Suite, which takes the rate for the Jr Suite to $50 below the Best Available Rate and/or the Internet Rate for a STANDARD room.

= Awesome.

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Aug 9, 2008 at 9:42 pm
Old Aug 10, 2006, 10:24 pm
Suspended

Programs: UAL 1K, QF, SPG-G, HILTON
Used it in Singapore 3,000 points instead of 7,000 points and KL.

Happy with both properties and the leaner points
Old Aug 10, 2006, 10:52 pm
In memoriam

Programs: Kimpton IC, Hyatt Diamond, Gold Marriott, Lifetime Platinum Starwood
Originally Posted by tailfirst
Used it in Singapore 3,000 points instead of 7,000 points and KL.

Happy with both properties and the leaner points
You used the 50% off coupon? I have never heard of this - are you sure that's what you were using? Was it the Plat "gift" from earlier this year that you're thinking of?
Old Nov 28, 2006, 4:42 pm

Originally Posted by EquityMind
W Seattle has a special right now of $179 per night for bookings made by June 16th.

I used that one, probably the best use of an SPG 50 to date in my opinion. The other best use was for St. Regis NYC at $390 per night on a normally minimum $600 per night stay.....
Agreed on the St. Regis NY. I've had good experience redeeming SPG50s there at least twice.
Old Nov 28, 2006, 5:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Many properties seem to restrict the use of SPG50 above certain room types.

IIRC The Atlantic worked the same for all rooms/suites, although base rate was obviously higher.

Actually, W Court and W Tuscany also allow it on suites, as opposed to W TS and St Regis.

Also, at properties where SPG50 may usually be worthless, during high demand periods, if the property switches to using rack rates, then SPG50 becomes very valuable.

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Aug 9, 2008 at 9:41 pm
Old Nov 28, 2006, 6:31 pm

Programs: A few
Has anybody had any recent success using the cert at the Hotel Eden or St. Regis Grand in Rome? I am going there for part of my honeymoon in May/June and wanted to see if this was the time to use it or not.

Cheers,

Adrian
Old Nov 28, 2006, 8:02 pm

Programs: All of them
Originally Posted by AdrianVanzulli
Has anybody had any recent success using the cert at the Hotel Eden or St. Regis Grand in Rome? I am going there for part of my honeymoon in May/June and wanted to see if this was the time to use it or not.

Cheers,

Adrian
Yes, I have was able to get the SPG50 at Eden for a stay commencing on the 5th of May. With the SPG50, I pay 347euro instead of 513euro. Over my 5 night stay I will save 1090USD.

That been said, I have been calling Starwood about numerous other hotels and dates without getting a deal.
Old Nov 30, 2006, 12:16 am

Programs: A few
Fantastic. That's going to save me quite a chunk of change. Thanks!

Adrian

Originally Posted by bjurra
Yes, I have was able to get the SPG50 at Eden for a stay commencing on the 5th of May. With the SPG50, I pay 347euro instead of 513euro. Over my 5 night stay I will save 1090USD.

That been said, I have been calling Starwood about numerous other hotels and dates without getting a deal.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.