Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Hotel Pulitzer, Amsterdam 1999 - 2007 [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hotel Pulitzer, Amsterdam 1999 - 2007 [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2002, 9:35 pm
Suspended

the pulitzer (i think it's one "L" but i could be wrong) is one of my all-time favorite hotels. very low key. great location. "interesting" rooms...great character. very solid food...in a city where the food is marginal at best. great property. you go, starwood!
Old Mar 18, 2002, 9:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by fly co to see the yanks:
very solid food...in a city where the food is marginal at best....</font>
Huh? Are we talking about Amsterdam?

I have had GREAT food in AMS -- no bad meals that I can remember!

(I know, I know....off-topic )

Kathy

[This message has been edited by KathyWdrf (edited 03-18-2002).]
Old Mar 18, 2002, 10:18 pm

The Pulitzer is definitely better than the Crowne Plaza; no comparision!
Old Mar 18, 2002, 10:38 pm
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
As I've posted before I simply don't get the level of service at the Pulitzer I'd expect as Platinum and after two tries will not stay there again.
Old Mar 19, 2002, 3:00 am

Programs: BA/BD Gold/IC A/*Wood Gold - Certified BodyCombat and BodyPump Instructor
I thought it was OK, though that was two years ago.

Agree about the different themed rooms: I got the 'horrible-eighties-nightmare' room

That said, it did have a nice bar area to the back. Breakfast was nice, I seem to recall.

I found the Crowne Plaza nice, a bit more modern, but in a stark sort of way. Also, it is a bit farther from the main areas (Leidseplein, Rembrantplein).
Old Mar 19, 2002, 5:44 am

Programs: UA-Platimum 2 MM, HH-Gold, MR-Lifetime Gold, Hyatt-Discoverist
I stayed there a couple of years ago, and as a Gold (at that time & on a very cheap rate), was given a nice room on the top floor overlooking the canal. The room was average size with two twins pushed together--so you may want to request something a bit larger. As far as the buffet breakfast, it was fine. The usual assortment of breads, cold cuts, cereal, breakfast meats etc was offered in the smaller dining room.
As others have stated, this is not your usual hotel (being a number of row-type homes connected), so room shapes and locations vary.
All in all, I would highly recommend it, the location is great right on the canal, and the area is not too busy (not many other hotels nearby), but does have some nice restaurants and lastly, the Anne Frank house is only a very short walk away.
Old Mar 19, 2002, 7:10 am
SMF

Programs: DL MM/PM, SPG Lifetime Gold, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond
I've stayed at the Pulitzer as a Gold and received very good treatment. I would go back in a minute. The hotel has lots of character and the rooms are all different. Keep that in mind when you check in - don't hesitate to ask the desk if your not happy with your room. Try for a canal view room for obvious reasons.

Location is great and I didn't have a bad meal in Amsterdam.

You might want to search for other threads on the Pulitzer - it's come up before.
Old Mar 19, 2002, 10:32 am

Slightly off-topic, but has anyone slept in the Pulitzer's royal suite? It boasts of a Divine Bed that immediately made me wonder if it was better than a Westin heavenly bed
Old Mar 19, 2002, 12:13 pm

I have a stay booked this weekend merely because it is a starwood property...I have stayed at the Krasnapolsky in the past and wonder how it compares...

thsnks,
MJW
Old Mar 20, 2002, 9:48 am

I was at the Pulitzer a few weeks ago- nice stay in a canal-view room (that I had requested in advance).

Welcome fruit, stroopwafels, and a bottle of wine. Upgraded to an executive room, with a letter explaining that since there are only two suites that an upgrade to a suite wasn't possible. The letter also explained that an exec room entitled me to a(nother?) bottle of wine, a drink at the bar downstairs or a third option (I remember now- a Wall Street Journal Europe).

Early check-in (my room was ready when I turned up) and late check-out (acknowledged as a Plat benefit, I think).

[This message has been edited by landspeed (edited 03-21-2002).]
Old Mar 20, 2002, 4:11 pm
Suspended

landspeed: i saw the other bottle of wine comment too. i think the one in the room was "the" bottle of wine. i didn't ask for a second. but, yeah, i checked in super-early and my very nice room was ready. they lavished fruit, chocolate, and wafers on me.
Old May 7, 2002, 12:42 am
mypriceline.com

how far is the hotel from the nitelife?

Old May 7, 2002, 6:10 am

Depends on what type of "nitelife".
Old May 7, 2002, 7:07 am
Suspended

i think it also depends on how you spell "night." there is plenty of "nightlife" in the area but there is "nightlife" all around. taxis are reasonable, so spend a few euros or whatever currency they are using.

but, yes, it is centrally located if that is what you are asking. great location.
Old May 7, 2002, 2:47 pm
mypriceline.com

My friend mentioned a strip of bars that are well known and very active. Trying to find out from here where they are located, but for nitelife I meant the bars, etc.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.