Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

[GONE] SPG + Uber Partnership - Earn Starpoints with Uber Rides - ENDED 17 DEC 2017

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 24, 2015, 10:48 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: yosithezet
Promo Landing Page: https://www.spg.com/uber
SPG + Uber FAQ: https://www.spgpromos.com/uber/?acti...M=UberLink_DEF
SPG + Uber T&Cs: https://www.spgpromos.com/uber/?acti...M=UberLink_DEF

UPDATE: October 26, 2017
Effective December 17, 2017 the SPG partnership with Uber will come to an end.

Members who have met all of the requirements to earn Starpoints in accordance with the SPG-Uber benefits program, including, without limitation, having a Stay posted to their SPG Member account for the current calendar year will continue to earn Starpoints on Uber rides up until 11:59PM on December 17, 2017.

If the stay overlaps with the program end date, you will still earn 2 starpoints per USD 1 spent on Uber rides taken during your stay. Any rides taken after 11:59 on December 17, 2017 even if taken during a stay that originated on or before December 17, 2014 will not earn starpoints on that uber ride.

Frequently Asked Questions

When will members stop earning Starpoints on their Uber rides?
Members who have met all of the requirements to earn Starpoints in accordance with the SPG-Uber benefits program, including, without limitation, having a Stay posted to their SPG Member account for the current calendar year will continue to earn Starpoints on Uber rides up until 11:59PM on December 17, 2017, subject to applicable limits.

If members have a stay that overlaps with the program end date, will they still earn 2 Starpoints per US$1 spent on Uber rides taken during the stay?
Yes, members who check-in for a Stay prior to 11:59PM on December 17, 2017 and have an Uber pick-up time prior to 11:59PM on December 17, 2017, subject to applicable limits, will earn 2 Starpoints for every U.S. dollar or its foreign equivalent denomination spent for fares on the Uber ride(s). Any rides taken after 11:59PM on December 17, 2017, even if taken during a stay that originated on or prior to December 17, 2017, will not earn Starpoints on the Uber ride(s). To earn Starpoints for any Uber ride the member must have met all of the requirements to earn Starpoints in accordance with the SPG-Uber benefits program, including, without limitation, having a Stay posted to their SPG Member account for the current calendar year.

Why did I recently have a delay in my Starpoints posting for my Uber rides?
An issue was identified affecting Uber rides over the last month that delayed the posting of points to member accounts. We have since fixed this issue and members should receive all ride credits within the stated 2-4 week period.

UPDATE: January 18, 2017
Uber Partnership Update
  • During Hotel stay: Members will earn two Starpoints per US$1 spent with Uber (versus two, three or four Starpoints per US$1, depending on member tier).
  • Everyday: members will earn one Starpoint per US$2 spent with Uber (versus one Starpoint per US$1).

With your SPG and Uber accounts linked and you have met a requirement of ONE qualifying stay in the current calendar year, SPG members will earn 1 point per dollar spent with Uber on every day rides. For rides during stays, SPG members will earn 2 points per dollar spent on Uber (Preferred), 3 points per (Gold or Platinum), or 4 points per (Plat75).

There is a maximum of $10,000 in points-earning spend with Uber per calendar year. This means that you could have up to 40,000 SPG points with this promotion (if you were a Plat75 and only used Uber while on SPG stays and maxed out $10,000 in Uber services).

Bangkok - Charged in local currency THB.
Beijing - Charged in USD.
Delhi - Charged in local currency INR.
Guangzhou - Charged in USD.
Ho Chi Minh City - Charged in local currency VND.
Hong Kong - Charged in local currency HKD.
London - Charged in local currency GBP (American Express)
Hyderabad - Charged in local currency INR.
Kolkata - Charged in local currency INR.
Kuala Lumpur - Charged in local currency MYR.
Mumbai - Charged in local currency INR.
Penang - Charged in local currency MYR.
Seoul - Charged in local currency KRW.
Santiago de Chile - Charged in local currency CLP when using MC, charged in USD when using Amex.
Shanghai - Charged in USD.
Singapore - Charged in local currency SGD.
Taipei - Charged in local currency TWD.
Tokyo - Charged in local currency JPY.
Toronto - Charged in local currency CAD.
UAE - Charged in local currency AED
Print Wikipost

[GONE] SPG + Uber Partnership - Earn Starpoints with Uber Rides - ENDED 17 DEC 2017

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2015, 12:03 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
SPG + Uber Partnership - Earn Starpoints with Uber Rides

SPG option just showed up in app in New York. Appears in Manhattan and downtown Brooklyn. Not sure about other boroughs. Not avail further out in Brooklyn.
Old Feb 28, 2015, 12:35 pm

Programs: Miles&More Senator , EX-SPG Platinum now Bonvoy LTP, IC Platinum , Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
I will not join a single ride even if I get 10k points. The concept of using infrastructure for free and willing to support the. comunity with tax and fair income for drivers is a system I can't support.

I'm very unhappy to see that SPG does support this kind of business model. On one hand supporting Children on the other hand Ueber. This does not fit in my understanding.
Old Feb 28, 2015, 1:12 pm

Just got my Suiteride in midtown NYC after continuously requesting it for the last hour. We'll be in Chinatown in about 15 minutes if anyone is looking for a car. I think I heard there were around 80 SPG cars in New York.

Thank you SPG for the 15K points, the W bath amenities and the free ride.
Old Feb 28, 2015, 1:58 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by BizNYC
Just got my Suiteride in midtown NYC after continuously requesting it for the last hour. We'll be in Chinatown in about 15 minutes if anyone is looking for a car. I think I heard there were around 80 SPG cars in New York.

Thank you SPG for the 15K points, the W bath amenities and the free ride.
Did it show up right at 2pm? I'm really hoping to catch one at SF. Don't see the option yet.
Would it help if I walked over to an SPG hotel and tried to catch one?
Old Feb 28, 2015, 2:16 pm

Programs: DL-Plat, UA-Plat 2MM, AA-PlatPro, B6-Mosaic 3, AY-Plat, HY-Globalist, MR-LT Plat, HH-Gold
Got a Luxury Collection suiteride from Williamsburg. Impressive amenities: a chocolate cake from the Hotel Imperial in Vienna, hardcover LC cookbook, gift card to Eataly... not to mention the 15k points and free ride! They even proactively refunded the $5 toll that had been charged to me on the ride. "Suite"!!! ^^
Old Feb 28, 2015, 2:39 pm
Original Member

W was a bliss kit, two bottles of water.

Wonder what 4P is. LOL
Old Feb 28, 2015, 2:48 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plt
Wirelessly posted (Blackberry8700c: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; Android 4.4.4; HTC6525LVW Build/KTU84P) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/40.0.2214.109 Mobile Safari/537.36)

Originally Posted by fred8ab
I will not join a single ride even if I get 10k points. The concept of using infrastructure for free and willing to support the. comunity with tax and fair income for drivers is a system I can't support.

I'm very unhappy to see that SPG does support this kind of business model. On one hand supporting Children on the other hand Ueber. This does not fit in my understanding.
Huh? Rant much?
Old Feb 28, 2015, 2:49 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plt
Wirelessly posted (Blackberry8700c: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; Android 4.4.4; HTC6525LVW Build/KTU84P) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/40.0.2214.109 Mobile Safari/537.36)

Le Mer was a bit disappointing. An illy espresso cup and saucer kit.
Old Feb 28, 2015, 2:52 pm

Originally Posted by fred8ab

lol wat? Get a life...
Old Feb 28, 2015, 2:55 pm

Originally Posted by invalyd
Did it show up right at 2pm? I'm really hoping to catch one at SF. Don't see the option yet.
Would it help if I walked over to an SPG hotel and tried to catch one?
I was actually in an Uber on my way to the MoMA at 2pm, so couldn't see the options for a new ride until I got out around 2:12. I have to admit the only reason I went to midtown today was to be in striking distance of the St Regis, Le Mericien, etc.
Old Feb 28, 2015, 3:06 pm

Originally Posted by RafKa
In Delhi only, although they are planning to reinstate it soon, after a more thorough driver vetting process is in place...
Uber has been working in Delhi for almost a month now, I just came back from Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata and used Uber extensively in all 3 cities.

The average cost for a 20 minute, 8-10km ride in those Indian cities:

150-200 Rs using UberX, or US $2.50-3.00!
Old Feb 28, 2015, 3:26 pm

Programs: CO Platinum/1K, SPG Platinum/Ambassador
If anyone gets one in SF and can DM where you're going, I'd be eternally grateful.
Old Feb 28, 2015, 3:40 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Just caught one in SF. Got dropped off at Mission 16th. I think Union Square wi be your best bet.
Driver said I was his first ride and he can give 5.
Pro tip: keep requesting even if it says no cars available, you will get the first one when the previous trip ends.
Sheraton amenity kit is ok, free wine glasses, Starbucks coffee drink and wifi card.
But I just wanted the 15k
Old Feb 28, 2015, 3:41 pm

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Marriott Platinum. Aspiring flyer with both feet on the ground.
Originally Posted by BobbySteel
Apparently there are 75 rides total for London today. 15 drivers.
Missed out on nabbing one from within my grasp due to a connection issue - probably more heart-wrenching than not finding one at all...

Well done to those who managed to get a #suiteride ! Enjoy!
Old Feb 28, 2015, 4:08 pm
Original Member

Originally Posted by invalyd
Just caught one in SF. Got dropped off at Mission 16th. I think Union Square wi be your best bet.
Driver said I was his first ride and he can give 5.
Pro tip: keep requesting even if it says no cars available, you will get the first one when the previous trip ends.
Sheraton amenity kit is ok, free wine glasses, Starbucks coffee drink and wifi card.
But I just wanted the 15k
Driver in NYC also said 5 rides before he does his regular rounds. Saw one other SPG branded vehicle. That and the one I was in were Suburbans.

I agree that even if no cars showing just click on the the "NO SPG CARS AVAILABLE" to request a ride. Sort of like a waitlist in your area.

Uber indicated in Twitter feed there were 20 cars in NYC so it looks like they are giving 100 rides total.

Good luck.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.