Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

[GONE] SPG + Uber Partnership - Earn Starpoints with Uber Rides - ENDED 17 DEC 2017

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 24, 2015, 10:48 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: yosithezet
Promo Landing Page: https://www.spg.com/uber
SPG + Uber FAQ: https://www.spgpromos.com/uber/?acti...M=UberLink_DEF
SPG + Uber T&Cs: https://www.spgpromos.com/uber/?acti...M=UberLink_DEF

UPDATE: October 26, 2017
Effective December 17, 2017 the SPG partnership with Uber will come to an end.

Members who have met all of the requirements to earn Starpoints in accordance with the SPG-Uber benefits program, including, without limitation, having a Stay posted to their SPG Member account for the current calendar year will continue to earn Starpoints on Uber rides up until 11:59PM on December 17, 2017.

If the stay overlaps with the program end date, you will still earn 2 starpoints per USD 1 spent on Uber rides taken during your stay. Any rides taken after 11:59 on December 17, 2017 even if taken during a stay that originated on or before December 17, 2014 will not earn starpoints on that uber ride.

Frequently Asked Questions

When will members stop earning Starpoints on their Uber rides?
Members who have met all of the requirements to earn Starpoints in accordance with the SPG-Uber benefits program, including, without limitation, having a Stay posted to their SPG Member account for the current calendar year will continue to earn Starpoints on Uber rides up until 11:59PM on December 17, 2017, subject to applicable limits.

If members have a stay that overlaps with the program end date, will they still earn 2 Starpoints per US$1 spent on Uber rides taken during the stay?
Yes, members who check-in for a Stay prior to 11:59PM on December 17, 2017 and have an Uber pick-up time prior to 11:59PM on December 17, 2017, subject to applicable limits, will earn 2 Starpoints for every U.S. dollar or its foreign equivalent denomination spent for fares on the Uber ride(s). Any rides taken after 11:59PM on December 17, 2017, even if taken during a stay that originated on or prior to December 17, 2017, will not earn Starpoints on the Uber ride(s). To earn Starpoints for any Uber ride the member must have met all of the requirements to earn Starpoints in accordance with the SPG-Uber benefits program, including, without limitation, having a Stay posted to their SPG Member account for the current calendar year.

Why did I recently have a delay in my Starpoints posting for my Uber rides?
An issue was identified affecting Uber rides over the last month that delayed the posting of points to member accounts. We have since fixed this issue and members should receive all ride credits within the stated 2-4 week period.

UPDATE: January 18, 2017
Uber Partnership Update
  • During Hotel stay: Members will earn two Starpoints per US$1 spent with Uber (versus two, three or four Starpoints per US$1, depending on member tier).
  • Everyday: members will earn one Starpoint per US$2 spent with Uber (versus one Starpoint per US$1).

With your SPG and Uber accounts linked and you have met a requirement of ONE qualifying stay in the current calendar year, SPG members will earn 1 point per dollar spent with Uber on every day rides. For rides during stays, SPG members will earn 2 points per dollar spent on Uber (Preferred), 3 points per (Gold or Platinum), or 4 points per (Plat75).

There is a maximum of $10,000 in points-earning spend with Uber per calendar year. This means that you could have up to 40,000 SPG points with this promotion (if you were a Plat75 and only used Uber while on SPG stays and maxed out $10,000 in Uber services).

Bangkok - Charged in local currency THB.
Beijing - Charged in USD.
Delhi - Charged in local currency INR.
Guangzhou - Charged in USD.
Ho Chi Minh City - Charged in local currency VND.
Hong Kong - Charged in local currency HKD.
London - Charged in local currency GBP (American Express)
Hyderabad - Charged in local currency INR.
Kolkata - Charged in local currency INR.
Kuala Lumpur - Charged in local currency MYR.
Mumbai - Charged in local currency INR.
Penang - Charged in local currency MYR.
Seoul - Charged in local currency KRW.
Santiago de Chile - Charged in local currency CLP when using MC, charged in USD when using Amex.
Shanghai - Charged in USD.
Singapore - Charged in local currency SGD.
Taipei - Charged in local currency TWD.
Tokyo - Charged in local currency JPY.
Toronto - Charged in local currency CAD.
UAE - Charged in local currency AED
Print Wikipost

[GONE] SPG + Uber Partnership - Earn Starpoints with Uber Rides - ENDED 17 DEC 2017

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2015, 4:17 pm

Programs: AS MVPG75K
Hello. I have a question. I am visiting friends in San Francisco today so I spend the last hour requesting for spg ride like everyone else.

10 minutes ago I got a ride comformation from uber about one of the spg drivers but after 2 min she canceled on me. I dont know if that was an accident or on purpose but what should I do? I have screen shot from the uber app with the confirmed ride and expected arrival 9 min before she canceled.

Last edited by alvias; Feb 28, 2015 at 4:35 pm
Old Feb 28, 2015, 4:28 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plat, Marriott Silver, HH Gold
Well, probably missed it. Saw the option pop up 3-4 times, while I was in various neighborhoods. Was more or less continuously checking for 3+ hours, on auto-pilot while I was doing other things.

At this point in NYC probably all the rides have been given away, at about 15-20 minutes per ride on average, longest this would have lasted is 2 hours, unless SPG instructed drivers to ration it.
Old Feb 28, 2015, 4:40 pm

Programs: UA Plat, Copa Pres. Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, SPG LT Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by invalyd
Just caught one in SF. Got dropped off at Mission 16th. I think Union Square wi be your best bet.
Driver said I was his first ride and he can give 5.
Pro tip: keep requesting even if it says no cars available, you will get the first one when the previous trip ends.
Sheraton amenity kit is ok, free wine glasses, Starbucks coffee drink and wifi card.
But I just wanted the 15k
^^^

Thanks for the tip! After a few narrow misses, I tried this approach and was able to grab one here in SF. Westin-branded car for me - free bathroom for the mrs

140 total rides today (28 drivers). I was my drivers 2nd of the day.

Last edited by milesmuncher; Feb 28, 2015 at 4:51 pm Reason: math correction
Old Feb 28, 2015, 4:43 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by transparent
Well, probably missed it. Saw the option pop up 3-4 times, while I was in various neighborhoods. Was more or less continuously checking for 3+ hours, on auto-pilot while I was doing other things.

At this point in NYC probably all the rides have been given away, at about 15-20 minutes per ride on average, longest this would have lasted is 2 hours, unless SPG instructed drivers to ration it.
I don't think there is any ration. Drivers had to go offline for a couple of minutes to "setup" the amenity after each ride for the next passenger but I would say it look about 30-45 minutes per "turn" would be about right unless someone took it far out of Manhattan.
Old Feb 28, 2015, 5:01 pm

I got a SPG/Uber ride in SF right at 2:00. Caught it at Market and Montgomery. It was an Aloft branded Esclade. Amenities included water, bliss products, a few candy bars, a Wired magazine and a USB dongle with microusb, 30pin Apple and Apple lightning charging connectors. There was also a little box with a card announcing the 15,000 mile bonus. It said redemption instructions would be in the Uber receipt email. So far I have not received the email. Has anyone else?
Old Feb 28, 2015, 5:07 pm
SPG Contributor Badge

Programs: UA*1K, Marriott Titanium (LTP), Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Separate from today's promo - has anyone actually had points post?

Edit: n/m, the 24-hours was for eligibility; earning is 2-4 weeks after a trip
Old Feb 28, 2015, 5:08 pm

Programs: UA Plat, Copa Pres. Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, SPG LT Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by BlakeStBob
I got a SPG/Uber ride in SF right at 2:00. Caught it at Market and Montgomery. It was an Aloft branded Esclade. Amenities included water, bliss products, a few candy bars, a Wired magazine and a USB dongle with microusb, 30pin Apple and Apple lightning charging connectors. There was also a little box with a card announcing the 15,000 mile bonus. It said redemption instructions would be in the Uber receipt email. So far I have not received the email. Has anyone else?
I'm still waiting on my receipt email as well. Waiting until tomorrow until I reach out to ask what's going on.
Old Feb 28, 2015, 5:17 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by milesmuncher
^^^

Thanks for the tip! After a few narrow misses, I tried this approach and was able to grab one here in SF. Westin-branded car for me - free bathroom for the mrs

140 total rides today (28 drivers). I was my drivers 2nd of the day.
Good to hear. Sounds like SF got a few more rides than some of the other cities. I assume because Uber is based here.
Old Feb 28, 2015, 5:18 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Just relax, it will show up. The points won't post for a few weeks anyway.
Old Feb 28, 2015, 5:20 pm
formerly known as daveland

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTP, Delta Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Wyndham Diamond
SPG + Uber Partnership - Earn Starpoints with Uber Rides

Really jealous that you all were able to take advantage of this. My account still won't link. Would have been great if SPG and Uber IT could have sorted out the account linking issues before running such a great intro promo... Not sure what the timeline even is on fixing it.
Old Feb 28, 2015, 5:28 pm

Programs: CO Platinum/1K, SPG Platinum/Ambassador
I literally stalked an SUV to the mission but no luck. I've been running the app on 2 devices basically pressing nonstop for 2 hours. Aagh.
Old Feb 28, 2015, 6:03 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by milesmuncher
I'm still waiting on my receipt email as well. Waiting until tomorrow until I reach out to ask what's going on.
Twitter feed mentioned receipts to go out tomorrow.
Old Feb 28, 2015, 7:20 pm

Originally Posted by seawolf
Twitter feed mentioned receipts to go out tomorrow.
Good to know, thanks for the heads up
Old Feb 28, 2015, 9:09 pm

Programs: Starwood Platinum, Delta, United, Marriott, British Airways, Virgin, American
Sheraton Car in NYC

Got a car in NYC at about 2:10. Driver told me someone had just cancelled on him. There was a tray set up in the middle of the backseat: 2 Reidel wine glasses in a box, a card for a drink at a Sheraton, a box with a card inside about the 15,000 offer (email receipt will explain how to redeem), a can of Starbucks coffee in a box, and a SPG/Uber paper shopping bag for the loot.

Lovely, but little disappointing. I was hoping for a bathrobe or a big surprise.

No email from Uber yet, but I see the ride listed in my Uber account online with SPG indicated.

Did anyone notice that the 15,000 SPG points are specifically for redemption and category 1-5 hotels? They're not just 15,000 points deposited in your account.
Old Feb 28, 2015, 9:31 pm

I tried from 2-7 in SF and could never get one. Also I could only see the spg option on my wife's uber account and not mine which was highly annoying. This promotion was definitely a failure on both Uber and SPG's part.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.