Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

PROMO: "SPG Rewarding Returns" [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

PROMO: "SPG Rewarding Returns" [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2010, 1:55 pm

Programs: DL PM, BA Gold, AA Plat, Marriott LT P, IHG Diamond Amb
It's alive! Now I can be let down once I actually log on.
Old Jul 12, 2010, 1:55 pm
LDR

Programs: UA 1k, AA lifetime Gold, Marriott lifetime plat
Originally Posted by nischalb
The link seems to be up now. I signed in and was given a choice of either 4000 starpoints/ $50 certificate/ 25% of redemption after 5 stays between July 1, 2010 thru Dec 31, 2010
I got this offer as well. Have participated in all promos YTD.
Old Jul 12, 2010, 1:57 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by LDR
Ditto. The 25% off seems like the winner here.
Old Jul 12, 2010, 1:59 pm

Programs: DL PM, BA Gold, AA Plat, Marriott LT P, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by nischalb
The link seems to be up now. I signed in and was given a choice of either 4000 starpoints/ $50 certificate/ 25% of redemption after 5 stays between July 1, 2010 thru Dec 31, 2010
Not sure if you had a typo but I got 4000 bonus *points, $50 certificate, or 25% off an award redemption of up to five nights at a cat 1-5 property that must be used by 7/31/2011.

Edit: I just saw the T+C for the "after 5 stays."

I might actually have to think about this for more than a minute.

Last edited by northshorepa; Jul 12, 2010 at 2:09 pm
Old Jul 12, 2010, 2:00 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, AA Plat
Originally Posted by LDR
Same here. I do C&P redemptions for the most part so might end up taking the 4K points.
Old Jul 12, 2010, 2:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 2MM/GS; SPG Lifetime Plat; MHC Lifetime; Tar Heel forever; and I "Dig the Pig" at Piggly Wiggly
Originally Posted by seanthepilot
They are more likely to lose my business with this approach. Ahem, we deserve more than high school games.
As we say at FT .... don't go away mad .... just go away!

My crystal ball predicts: Quintuple stays and septuple points! Plus a 2,500 point bonus for the second stay, 5,000 bonus points for the fifth stay, and after the tenth stay, you'll get 10 free nights at any SPG property during 2011!

What say ye? All in favor? Motion carries unanimously.
Old Jul 12, 2010, 2:07 pm

Programs: SPG Lifetime Plat, AA Gold, UA Gold, DL Silver, HH Gold, Vail Epic
Promo T&Cs

SPG Promotion Terms and Conditions:

4,000 bonus Starpoints®: Registered member can choose to earn 4,000 bonus Starpoints after five (5) eligible stays. Stays must be at an SPG® participating property from 7/1/10 through 12/31/10. Non-participating properties can be found at SPG.com under program terms and conditions, section 5.1. Bonus Starpoints will be credited to the member's account within 2–3 weeks of the stays posting to the member's Starwood Preferred Guest® account.

US$50 SPG® Award Certificate: Registered member can choose to earn (1) US$50 SPG Award Certificate with five (5) eligible stays from 7/1/10 through 12/31/10. Stays must be at SPG participating properties. Non-participating properties can be found at SPG.com under program terms and conditions section 5.1. SPG Award Certificate earned will be sent after the fifth eligible stay posts. SPG Award Certificate will be sent to the member's mailing address on file. To update your mailing address, go to SPG.com. Allow 4–6 weeks for SPG Award Certificate to be sent. SPG Award Certificate may be used toward any goods and services that are charged to your folio at a Starwood Preferred Guest® participating hotel by the expiration date, excluding alcoholic beverages. Upon checkout, the face value of the certificate will be applied to your folio. Certificates are not redeemable for cash. No cash or credit will be given for any unused portion of any certificate surrendered. When certificate is redeemed outside of the United States, currency conversion rates of the day will be utilized and confirmed by the hotel. Certificate must be surrendered to the hotel at time of use. Certificates may not be duplicated, may not be accepted if altered in any way, and may not be replaced if lost, stolen or expired.

25% off redemption: Registered member can choose to earn (1) 25%-off redemption award after five (5) eligible stays from 7/1/10 through 12/31/10. Stays must be at SPG® participating properties. Non-participating properties can be found at SPG.com under program terms and conditions. Offer is nontransferable. Starwood Preferred Guest® members must call 1-888-625-4991 or their nearest Starwood Preferred Guest Customer Contact Center and mention Award ID 485. Offer is only valid for one award at Category 1–5 properties for up to a five-night stay through 7/31/11. This 25%-off redemption offer excludes Category 6 and 7 properties, 5th Night Free, upgrade awards and award reservations booked online. 25%-off redemption and no blackout dates applies to standard room categories only. Member forfeits percent off redemption when modifying award reservation outside the offer dates. If a percent off redemption award is cancelled, only the amount of Starpoints used to order the Percent Off redemption award will be credited to the member's account. Other restrictions may apply. Not to be combined with other offers or promotions. Advance reservations required.

Offer is nontransferable and void for Starwood employees. Register online at SPG.com/rewardingreturns by 12/31/10. Once a member chooses his or her offer it cannot be changed at any time. An eligible stay is defined as one or more consecutive nights paying a qualifying rate in the same hotel regardless of the number of check-ins or checkouts that occur and post to the member's Starwood Preferred Guest® account. Eligible stays/nights will be tracked by date member checks in and not the date the member checks out. A qualifying rate is any rate that is eligible to earn Starpoints® in the Starwood Preferred Guest program. A description of a qualifying rate can be found at SPG.com. Multiple rooms charged to the same member during the same stay will only count as one stay. All promotions are subject to the Starwood Preferred Guest program terms and conditions, which are subject to change without notice and can be found at SPG.com. Offer is applicable to single members only and not to groups. Not responsible for omissions or typographical errors. Starwood reserves the right to discontinue this offer at any time. To update your communication preferences or learn about our privacy practices, view our Privacy Statement on SPG.com/privacy, or access our privacy information line by calling 1-877-782-0071 in the U.S. and Canada or +353-21-4930474 in all other countries. Starpoints, SPG, Preferred Guest, Sheraton, Four Points, W, Aloft, The Luxury Collection, Le Méridien, Element, Westin, St. Regis and their respective logos are the trademarks of Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc., or its affiliates. Void where prohibited by law. © 2010 Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. All rights reserved.
Old Jul 12, 2010, 2:07 pm

Programs: BA Gold; AA Lfe Time PLT ; Marriott Titanium, LFT GLD
Smile

Originally Posted by kingsubbu
Same here. I do C&P redemptions for the most part so might end up taking the 4K points.
I decided to get the 4K points also.

Old Jul 12, 2010, 2:16 pm

Programs: Miles&More Senator , EX-SPG Platinum now Bonvoy LTP, IC Platinum , Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Me too!

And thanks *wood
Old Jul 12, 2010, 2:20 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Alaska MVP Gold, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by sc flier
SPG Promotion Terms and Conditions:

4,000 bonus Starpoints®: Registered member can choose to earn 4,000 bonus Starpoints after five (5) eligible stays. Stays must be at an SPG® participating property from 7/1/10 through 12/31/10. Non-participating properties can be found at SPG.com under program terms and conditions, section 5.1. Bonus Starpoints will be credited to the member's account within 2–3 weeks of the stays posting to the member's Starwood Preferred Guest® account.

US$50 SPG® Award Certificate: Registered member can choose to earn (1) US$50 SPG Award Certificate with five (5) eligible stays from 7/1/10 through 12/31/10. Stays must be at SPG participating properties. Non-participating properties can be found at SPG.com under program terms and conditions section 5.1. SPG Award Certificate earned will be sent after the fifth eligible stay posts. SPG Award Certificate will be sent to the member's mailing address on file. To update your mailing address, go to SPG.com. Allow 4–6 weeks for SPG Award Certificate to be sent. SPG Award Certificate may be used toward any goods and services that are charged to your folio at a Starwood Preferred Guest® participating hotel by the expiration date, excluding alcoholic beverages. Upon checkout, the face value of the certificate will be applied to your folio. Certificates are not redeemable for cash. No cash or credit will be given for any unused portion of any certificate surrendered. When certificate is redeemed outside of the United States, currency conversion rates of the day will be utilized and confirmed by the hotel. Certificate must be surrendered to the hotel at time of use. Certificates may not be duplicated, may not be accepted if altered in any way, and may not be replaced if lost, stolen or expired.

25% off redemption: Registered member can choose to earn (1) 25%-off redemption award after five (5) eligible stays from 7/1/10 through 12/31/10. Stays must be at SPG® participating properties. Non-participating properties can be found at SPG.com under program terms and conditions. Offer is nontransferable. Starwood Preferred Guest® members must call 1-888-625-4991 or their nearest Starwood Preferred Guest Customer Contact Center and mention Award ID 485. Offer is only valid for one award at Category 1–5 properties for up to a five-night stay through 7/31/11. This 25%-off redemption offer excludes Category 6 and 7 properties, 5th Night Free, upgrade awards and award reservations booked online. 25%-off redemption and no blackout dates applies to standard room categories only. Member forfeits percent off redemption when modifying award reservation outside the offer dates. If a percent off redemption award is cancelled, only the amount of Starpoints used to order the Percent Off redemption award will be credited to the member's account. Other restrictions may apply. Not to be combined with other offers or promotions. Advance reservations required.

Offer is nontransferable and void for Starwood employees. Register online at SPG.com/rewardingreturns by 12/31/10. Once a member chooses his or her offer it cannot be changed at any time. An eligible stay is defined as one or more consecutive nights paying a qualifying rate in the same hotel regardless of the number of check-ins or checkouts that occur and post to the member's Starwood Preferred Guest® account. Eligible stays/nights will be tracked by date member checks in and not the date the member checks out. A qualifying rate is any rate that is eligible to earn Starpoints® in the Starwood Preferred Guest program. A description of a qualifying rate can be found at SPG.com. Multiple rooms charged to the same member during the same stay will only count as one stay. All promotions are subject to the Starwood Preferred Guest program terms and conditions, which are subject to change without notice and can be found at SPG.com. Offer is applicable to single members only and not to groups. Not responsible for omissions or typographical errors. Starwood reserves the right to discontinue this offer at any time. To update your communication preferences or learn about our privacy practices, view our Privacy Statement on SPG.com/privacy, or access our privacy information line by calling 1-877-782-0071 in the U.S. and Canada or +353-21-4930474 in all other countries. Starpoints, SPG, Preferred Guest, Sheraton, Four Points, W, Aloft, The Luxury Collection, Le Méridien, Element, Westin, St. Regis and their respective logos are the trademarks of Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc., or its affiliates. Void where prohibited by law. © 2010 Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. All rights reserved.
Is there a limit to how many you can earn? In other words, if I make 10 stays during the period and choose the 4K bonus, would I get 8k total?
Old Jul 12, 2010, 2:24 pm

Programs: United 1k, SPG Plat & Ambassador, ClubCarlson Concierge
Originally Posted by orangecoatkid
Is there a limit to how many you can earn? In other words, if I make 10 stays during the period and choose the 4K bonus, would I get 8k total?
Pretty sure this is a one and done situation
Old Jul 12, 2010, 2:26 pm

25% offer

I was wondering if this possible to combine with cat 3-4 redeem for 5 nights, pay 4 nights award... likewise, 25% discount is possible on nights and flights award.

If so, this may be the choice I make for the award. Otherwise, 4000 points.
Old Jul 12, 2010, 2:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 2MM/GS; SPG Lifetime Plat; MHC Lifetime; Tar Heel forever; and I "Dig the Pig" at Piggly Wiggly
Originally Posted by brahms77
I was wondering if this possible to combine with cat 3-4 redeem for 5 nights, pay 4 nights award... likewise, 25% discount is possible on nights and flights award.
Ummm.....ahhhh....did you read it all?

"This 25%-off redemption offer excludes Category 6 and 7 properties, 5th Night Free, upgrade awards and award reservations booked online."
Old Jul 12, 2010, 2:31 pm

Location: SEA - DL DM/2MM, *A Gold, SPG Lifetime Plat, some other car and hotel stuff
Same offer. I guess I qualified ~July 8.

I'm thinking 4k points is best. I rarely use points for straight redemptions. For those who do, you only need a 2 night redemption at Cat 4 or 5 to make it worthwhile (>4k savings). At Category 3, a 2-night stay nearly makes it worthwhile (2 nights saves 3500 points). Biggest possible savings is 4 nights at Cat 5 (5th night free anyway) = 12k savings.

So I won't look a gift horse in the mouth, but I'd gotten my hopes up for a payday greater than 4k points.

(If as orangecoatkid asks you can get this multiple times, I am much more enthused, basically 800 bonus points per stay minus any "remainder.")
Old Jul 12, 2010, 2:31 pm

Programs: SPG Lifetime Plat, AA Gold, UA Gold, DL Silver, HH Gold, Vail Epic
"Register online at SPG.com/rewardingreturns by 12/31/10. Once a member chooses his or her offer it cannot be changed at any time."

It appears that there is no requirement to register before the stays are completed, correct?

While I'm most inclined to take the 25%-off award choice, there's a definite risk that unforeseen vacation plans might not lend themselves to using it by the deadline. And the math might actually make the 4K Starpoints more favorable anyway.

An interesting twist to the 25%-off Award option is evident when comparing it to 5th Night Free. It cannot be combined with Fifth Night Free, so if you are planning to use it for a 5-night stay (even at a Cat5 property), you're actually better off selecting the 4K Starpoints.

Cat5 5th Night Free: 48K points - 4K points option = 44K points
25%-off Award: 45K points (in lieu of 4K points option) = 45K points

If you're planning on a 2, 3, or 4-night stay, the 25%-off Award is going to be a good option for many. But if C&P awards are available, it might again be better to select the 4K Starpoints.

For a 1-night stay, taking the 4K points would be better.
For a 2-night stay, the 4K points would be better at Cat1-Cat3 hotels.

I'll wait until later to make my final selection.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.