Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

PROMO: "SPG Rewarding Returns" [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

PROMO: "SPG Rewarding Returns" [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2010, 7:58 pm
Company Representative - Starwood
Original Poster

Programs: SPG
Dearest all,

Just a few issues to clarify over here.

1. sc flier asked if Flyertalk members are the first to know this officially. Yes. I have posted the same message in English(as I do not have time to translate it to Mandarin) over at Flyertea 5 minutes later. Hopefully that makes you feel a little better.

2. Even though the main body of this announcement was not written by me, I wonder how one defines "a few" when they hear nothing after only 3 days, or perhaps I should use "more than a few" instead? If in a situation members are given 3 free weekend nights as a reward, would you still call it "more than a few days" or "a few"? I am of course delighted to see the overwhelming response and support our members have displayed to our promotions but still, it doesn't sound right to be picking on such issues, agree? (I mean, why am I trying to explain this?)

3. I have sent an email to find out if there has been a delay.

4. I have learnt not to trust Google translation at all. Even yeunganson's attempt sounds better.

Thank you.

[email protected]

Thyetus Lee | Online Forum Coordinator(AP)
Starwood Customer Contact Centre (AP) Pte Ltd
Old Jul 11, 2010, 8:33 pm

Programs: AA Exp, UA PP, IC Diamond, HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Centurion
Now what can we infer from this?

SPG Rewarding Returns Promotion Terms and Conditions:

Offer is nontransferable and void for Starwood employees. Register online at SPG.com/rewardingreturns by . Once a member chooses his or her offer it cannot be changed at any time. An eligible stay is defined as one or more consecutive nights paying a qualifying rate in the same hotel regardless of the number of check-ins or checkouts that occur and post to the member's Starwood Preferred Guest® account. Eligible stays/nights will be tracked by date member checks in and not the date the member checks out. A qualifying rate is any rate that is eligible to earn Starpoints® in the Starwood Preferred Guest program. A description of a qualifying rate can be found at SPG.com. Multiple rooms charged to the same member during the same stay will only count as one stay. All promotions are subject to the Starwood Preferred Guest program terms and conditions, which are subject to change without notice and can be found at SPG.com. Offer is applicable to single members only and not to groups.
Old Jul 11, 2010, 9:42 pm

Programs: SPG Lifetime Plat, AA Gold, UA Gold, DL Silver, HH Gold, Vail Epic
Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker II
1. sc flier asked if Flyertalk members are the first to know this officially. Yes. I have posted the same message in English(as I do not have time to translate it to Mandarin) over at Flyertea 5 minutes later. Hopefully that makes you feel a little better.
^ I think we all feel more loved now! I was feeling threatened by knowing that new flyertea.com readers might be preparing to dilute the value of my Platinum membership. Won't they be competing for my upgrades?!?

2. Even though the main body of this announcement was not written by me, I wonder how one defines "a few" when they hear nothing after only 3 days, or perhaps I should use "more than a few" instead? If in a situation members are given 3 free weekend nights as a reward, would you still call it "more than a few days" or "a few"? I am of course delighted to see the overwhelming response and support our members have displayed to our promotions but still, it doesn't sound right to be picking on such issues, agree? (I mean, why am I trying to explain this?)
^ I had absolutely no expectation for any new information over the weekend! I don't know why anyone else might think that this weekend would be different from any other.

See #2.
Old Jul 11, 2010, 9:48 pm

Programs: MS Plat, AOR ninja
anxiously awaiting sign up
Old Jul 11, 2010, 9:55 pm

Programs: VA Gold, UA, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Ambassador
What is flyertea.com . ???

Looking forward to with patience, when this goes live .
Old Jul 11, 2010, 10:28 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
I have learnt not to trust Google translation at all.
But their translations are wonderful for the humor value.
Old Jul 11, 2010, 10:33 pm

Programs: *wood & marriott plat, Hyatt, Accor
Dearest all,

Just a few issues to clarify over here.

2. Even though the main body of this announcement was not written by me, I wonder how one defines "a few" when they hear nothing after only 3 days, or perhaps I should use "more than a few" instead?

4. I have learnt not to trust Google translation at all.

Thank you.

[email protected]

Thyetus Lee | Online Forum Coordinator(AP)
Starwood Customer Contact Centre (AP) Pte Ltd
Hi Thyetus, appreciate your explanation.

1. I thought you were kidding with flyertea.com, but there is such a site.

2. I don't think you need to explain " a few ". We just wanted to know if perhaps you know when it will be on line?

3. Thanks for finding out for us. ^^

4. Google's translation of flyertea aint half bad. Especially if you can't read a word of Chinese.

Last edited by SC Alum; Jul 11, 2010 at 10:41 pm
Old Jul 11, 2010, 11:51 pm

Programs: IC Platinum Ambassador, UA Mileage Plus, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
Eagerly anticipating more details....

Thank you Thyetus and William for keeping us in the loop and letting us know about these things a bit early.

sdcarver
Old Jul 12, 2010, 5:17 am

Programs: SPG PLAT, HH DIA, MR, UA 1k
Not today...

anticipation
Old Jul 12, 2010, 11:10 am

Thyetus/William, the old saying "no good deed goes unpunished" comes to mind as I read this thread! Thanks for trying to keep us informed.
Old Jul 12, 2010, 1:04 pm
Suspended

If I don't post in this thread that I am "anxiously awaiting details," would people then think that I am not?

I want to guard against that so...I am anxiously awaiting details, too.
Old Jul 12, 2010, 1:47 pm

Programs: DL DM & MM, Hilton Diamond, IC Plt Amb , Marriott LTP, Hertz President's Circle
Link is now live!!!!

We’d like to reward your upcoming travel.

Simply select your favorite option and complete five stays before December 31, 2010, to receive your reward. Earn at any of our nine unique brands, including Sheraton®, Westin® and W® Hotels, across more than 940 SPG® properties worldwide.

4,000 bonus Starpoints
With Free Night Awards starting at 2,000 Starpoints® at Category 1 properties, you'll already have enough for a night away.

$50 Award Certificate
Redeem for on-property indulgences during your next stay, including spa treatments, room service and more.
An earned Award Certificate will be mailed 4–6 weeks after fifth eligible stay to the shipping address we have on file in your SPG profile.

25% off redemption
Get away sooner using fewer Starpoints. Take 25% off a Free Night Award redemption of up to five nights at any Category 1–5 property. Redemption must be used by 7/31/11.
Email Address:
Please confirm my registration via email. To change your Starwood Preferred Guest® email preferences, visit SPG.com.

Promotion Terms and Conditions
Old Jul 12, 2010, 1:49 pm

Link Up

The link seems to be up now. I signed in and was given a choice of either 4000 starpoints/ $50 certificate/ 25% of redemption after 5 stays between July 1, 2010 thru Dec 31, 2010
Old Jul 12, 2010, 1:51 pm

Programs: MS Plat, AOR ninja
I love the flexibility of this promo. Great job SPG ^
Old Jul 12, 2010, 1:52 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, DL GM, UA EP
Originally Posted by nischalb
The link seems to be up now. I signed in and was given a choice of either 4000 starpoints/ $50 certificate/ 25% of redemption after 5 stays between July 1, 2010 thru Dec 31, 2010
Same

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.