Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

I'm Platinum SPG & having big probs getting Amenity points credited

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

I'm Platinum SPG & having big probs getting Amenity points credited

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2008, 12:51 am

Programs: 3 million miles LIFETIME PLT AADVANTAGE/LIFETIME SPG PLT!! 25 years member /PRESIDENT'S CLUB HERTZ
Originally Posted by TrojanHorse
Is there a way to request the 500 pt plat amenity that didn't post online? Not via email but through the drop down menu

CALL THE PLT CONCIERGE 1 888 625 49 91
Old Mar 26, 2008, 12:54 am

Programs: 3 million miles LIFETIME PLT AADVANTAGE/LIFETIME SPG PLT!! 25 years member /PRESIDENT'S CLUB HERTZ
was wondering if SPG has any type of guarantee like Marriott (i.e. you receive $100 if there is no gift offered

I WISH I WILL HAVE SO MANY $100 FOR SO MANY MISSING AMENITIES NOT POSTED SINCE 5 YEARS ......

William Please can you hear us poor PTL PREFERRED we are begging for some compensation for Starwood
Old Mar 26, 2008, 1:26 am

these amenities causing problems, annoyance and irritation to Plats, which are the most frequent guests.

ONLY PLT PREFERRED Get 500 Welcome Amenity at most of the Starwood Brands....Not sure why we do not get anything at Luxury collection and St Regis
Old Mar 26, 2008, 2:39 am
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: SPG
Originally Posted by ctouchard
Something I would love to see on Starwood Plt account page
will be for each PLT members you will be able to put your choice of amenity you desire to receive as in the past I never got the 500 Starwood Points I requested when I checked in at various Westin like the Westin Moana
or the Sheraton Park Lane in the recent month....
As far as I remember, platinum members are given a choice of their preferred amenity when they check in. If you read some of the threads here, some opt for free movies.

Also why Starwood stopped the 500 for booking on the SPG.COM
it was way too goo to be true.......
Since 1990 as a Starwood I have seen so many changes I could write a book on it... I Have been a PLT Preferred for over 9 years now at least
Did we stop the 500 bonus award for booking online when our contact center is busy? I believe there is a thread somewhere indicating our recent activity on this.

was wondering if SPG has any type of guarantee like Marriott (i.e. you receive $100 if there is no gift offered
Unfortunately, no.

these amenities causing problems, annoyance and irritation to Plats, which are the most frequent guests.

ONLY PLT PREFERRED Get 500 Welcome Amenity at most of the Starwood Brands....Not sure why we do not get anything at Luxury collection and St Regis
You sure? I have a couple of St Regis and Luxury collection properties offering Amenity to Platinum Preferred members. One good example, St. Regis Singapore. I am sure you would be able to afford a stay at one of these properties, right?

Thank you and have a nice day!

[email protected]
Old Mar 26, 2008, 2:49 am

quote:
As far as I remember, platinum members are given a choice of their preferred amenity when they check in. If you read some of the threads here, some opt for free movies.

Thanks for your response I will never get the movie as I read on some response some customer got to pay taxes on it ...This is not a gift....
And I was referring about SPG.COM account page....if we could check what we like for amenetie as a PLT guest ...maybe it will save the non stop phone calls... to PLT concierge

quote:
I have a couple of St Regis and Luxury collection properties offering Amenity to Platinum Preferred members

You just responded to me you have a couple of hotels who are giving the 500 welcome gift on a number of now what 800 hotels it is nothing ....
i do think the program should be more uniform for some things

Did we stop the 500 bonus award for booking online when our contact center is busy? I believe there is a thread somewhere indicating our recent activity on this.

Quote:
Did we stop the 500 bonus award for booking online when our contact center is busy? I believe there is a thread somewhere indicating our recent activity on this

just saw this today well maybe I should only then go to this site than to call PLT Concierge all the times at least I will get a 500 Starwood points every time...I love it....Thanks

have a good day

Last edited by ctouchard; Mar 26, 2008 at 3:02 am
Old Mar 26, 2008, 2:53 am

I am sure you would be able to afford a stay at one of these properties, right

I am from Paris but I do live in Los Angeles and I get paid in US $ Which now has no value anywhere except Asia mostly.... Thanks to GWB....!

Yes I can still afford to stay at those properties as I do have 190 000 Starwood points on my account or pay If I do like the place....I have been to Singapore yet.....
Old Mar 26, 2008, 2:57 am

2 out of 11 stays on my last trip didn't credit - both Ws. But no worries - a phone call to Plat concierge sorted it out in less than 24 hrs. ^
Old Mar 26, 2008, 3:01 am

There would be a problem if we get our members to pre-determine their preferences for platinum amenity before they check in. What if the member decides to change their preference at the very last minute? After they check out? We have platinum amenities that include fruit baskets or local delicacies. How are we going to make sure that the member gets the amenity?

Besides calling us, you can write to us with your missing platinum amenity points. Communicate with us. We love to hear from you. Every single day.

I am quoting hotels under the St. Regis and Luxury collection as you have indicated. It would be advisable if we can get all our properties to give every platinum member 500 points as amenity. But unfortunately, no.

Hope this helps.

[email protected]

Thanks for your response I will never get the movie as I read on some response some customer got to pay taxes on it ...This is not a gift....

And I was referring about SPG.COM account page....if we could check what we like for amenetie as a PLT guest ...maybe it will save the non stop phone calls... to PLT concierge

You just responded to me you have a couple of hotels who are giving the 500 welcome gift on a number of now what 800 hotels it is nothing ....
Old Mar 26, 2008, 3:02 am

Have a beautiful day Starwood Lurker II ....sounds like Star Was...Love it so 70's when I was only 3 year old I am now 41.... How Many Starwood Lurker are you on this site?

Off to Nyc this weekend at my home away from home the Sheraton NYC Towers..... Where I really miss the Towers on 50th floor with the butler....
where are the old days.... and the confirmed upgrade was only $25.00
Old Mar 26, 2008, 3:06 am

Hi ctouchard,

I am very certain you do. I am also very keen in inviting you to Singapore. Meeting up with you would be my pleasure too.

Looking forward to that.

[email protected]

I am sure you would be able to afford a stay at one of these properties, right

I am from Paris but I do live in Los Angeles and I get paid in US $ Which now has no value anywhere except Asia mostly.... Thanks to GWB....!

Yes I can still afford to stay at those properties as I do have 190 000 Starwood points on my account or pay If I do like the place....I have been to Singapore yet.....
Old Mar 26, 2008, 8:47 am

Programs: AA CK / Marriott Worthless Ambassador
???

I'm a new Platinum member- what, exactly, is the 500 Point Amenity? I stayed at W 2 weeks ago, but didnt get any 500 point bonus. Just trying to figure out what to expect?

Thanks!
Old Mar 26, 2008, 2:58 pm

Welcome to the PLT Preferred World of Starwood....
I am very sorry to hear no one at the hotel W when you check it ask you about which amenity you are entitled to as A PLT STARWOOD
depending of the hotels you stay at
you can get a 500 Starwood points gift to your account
a free in room movie..... so stupid....
a free $10 mini bar credit when some hotel have mini bar in room.....trust me for $ 10 you do not get much maybe a box of nuts....

I have been a member PLT for so many years I always get the 500 points
please call the PLT CONCIERGE 1 888 625 4991 and request your points and tell them you are very unhappy to have not been asked when you checked in and also as a new PLT Member you do not know all the rules
they should give you some extra points...
Old Mar 26, 2008, 3:19 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by JBauer
I'm a new Platinum member- what, exactly, is the 500 Point Amenity? I stayed at W 2 weeks ago, but didnt get any 500 point bonus. Just trying to figure out what to expect?

Thanks!
Hi I have a few questions that might help the situation
  • What dates was the stay that put you at/over Platinum level?
  • What date did that stay post?
  • What date did you check into the first W that didn't recognize your new status?

Is it possible you checked into the W(s) before your stay(s) posted to your SPG account reflecting your new status?

I would also suggest reading the "Everything you wanted to know about status at SPG" thread.
Old Mar 26, 2008, 9:14 pm

Programs: SQ, UA, Delta, BMI(RIP), Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond (Thanks Amex) Hyatt Discov

... I get paid in US $ Which now has no value anywhere except Asia mostly....
USD has much depreciated value in Japan, Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Taiwan, Philippines! Only in Korea, HK (pegged), India recently, and Indonesia will you find the mighty dollar still reasonably strong.
Old Mar 27, 2008, 2:58 am

Hi JBauer,

You've got mail!

Thank you and have a nice day!

[email protected]

Originally Posted by JBauer

Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.