Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

I'm Platinum SPG & having big probs getting Amenity points credited

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

I'm Platinum SPG & having big probs getting Amenity points credited

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2007, 3:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 2MM/GS; SPG Lifetime Plat; MHC Lifetime; Tar Heel forever; and I "Dig the Pig" at Piggly Wiggly
Not sure yet about stays this week, but before that, I had to call on 5 of 5 previous stays.
Old Jul 29, 2007, 4:52 pm

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Hertz 5* Gold
I'll be making SPG Plat for the first time in a few weeks. I have been Marriott Plat for a while now and was wondering if SPG has any type of guarantee like Marriott (i.e. you receive $100 if there is no gift offered).

Matt
Old Jul 29, 2007, 4:55 pm

Location: NORTH AMERICA, SOUTH AMERICA, EUROPE, MIDDLE EAST, SOUTH AFR, ASIA AND OCEANIA
To my knowledge, it is the hotel cost and responsibility to post the Platinum amenity points into the account. I guess by contacting the SPG office to report the points missing would help Starwood keep a track of the number of times the respective hotels have forgotten to post them accordingly.
Old Jul 30, 2007, 8:52 am
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by nosled
To my knowledge, it is the hotel cost and responsibility to post the Platinum amenity points into the account. I guess by contacting the SPG office to report the points missing would help Starwood keep a track of the number of times the respective hotels have forgotten to post them accordingly.
Yes. It absolutely helps. A call comment code is added that generates a report to the SPG Hotel Coordinators. They then contact the hotels on this list to see what the problem might be.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]
Old Jul 30, 2007, 9:03 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, LH Senator, UA Premier Executive, RG Diamante
I automatically have in my agenda : after 8 days of each stay, send an e-mail to SPG asking for the 500 p. Bonus ...
Old Jul 30, 2007, 10:07 am

Programs: Darth Vader of AMEX, A ladys best friend of Hilton, Pt78 of SPG, *G ,*S, ANA VIP
8/10 missing

Originally Posted by Globehopper
It may be a run of bad luck or slippage in quality control, but it seems that since the start of this year, I've had to phone up and request my platinum amenity (500 pts) for at least 1/3rd of my stays as they did not automatically post.

Anyone else had this experience?
hi,

since two month i really have problems the last 10 stays the amenity did not post automatically and i am weekly doing the claims

very annoying.

dp
Old Jul 30, 2007, 10:25 am

Programs: UA 1P, F9 Ascent, SPG Lifetime Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by enigmamatt
I'll be making SPG Plat for the first time in a few weeks. I have been Marriott Plat for a while now and was wondering if SPG has any type of guarantee like Marriott (i.e. you receive $100 if there is no gift offered).

Matt
Sure. SPG promises do do whatever they want, whenever they get around to it.
Old Jul 30, 2007, 10:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
I have only had 3 cases in the last 26 stays where the 500 points did not post automatically....still more than 10%
Old Jul 30, 2007, 11:39 am

Programs: spg (Plt) Hilton (gold) Marriott (silver) WN (CP & A-listerP) Delta Silver AA gold
Most of my non 500 postings occur when I stay on points. At first I just let them go and didn't follow up but now I do.

What one desk clerk told me was if I charged something to the room the points would post -- if I didn't then they would not post. I have found this to be true.

Last week I called the plt SPG desk and they corrected 3 stays. I stay mostly on award stays and the only paid stay this year posted the 500 points ok. Same as last year my paid stays posted while the points stay didn't.

It's the computer system that is the problem.

Gary
Old Jul 30, 2007, 2:25 pm

I'm sure no one cares, but I'll find out tomorrow. Tonight is my 25th stay so when I stay in London, I'm Plat. I guess I'll have to keep track of my 500 point postings.
Old Jul 30, 2007, 5:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 2MM/GS; SPG Lifetime Plat; MHC Lifetime; Tar Heel forever; and I "Dig the Pig" at Piggly Wiggly
We should get a double bonus everytime we have to call to get them to correct a mistake or to add missing points!
Old Aug 1, 2007, 2:38 pm

Programs: SPG GL, AA GL
I just got an email reply from SPG customer service stating that....
"The Princeville Resort does not participate in the Platinum Amenity Program."

Is this true? I thought I was offered 500 points at checkin (paid stay), but it was never posted. And am I wrong to think that all the hotels participate in the amentity program?
Old Aug 1, 2007, 3:01 pm
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by adamak
I just got an email reply from SPG customer service stating that....
"The Princeville Resort does not participate in the Platinum Amenity Program."

Is this true? I thought I was offered 500 points at checkin (paid stay), but it was never posted. And am I wrong to think that all the hotels participate in the amentity program?
Yes. You would be wrong. And, Princeville doesn't participate.

From the resource thread above:

http://flyertalk.com/forum/showthrea...=1#post8077195

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]
Old Aug 2, 2007, 11:00 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond; Marriott Platinum; SPG Gold; OnePass Gold; Avis President's Club
I just called a couple days ago - had to get corrections for 4 out of 9 stays, one of which was an award stay. I had another reward stay post OK in the same time period.

This week I picked a movie instead of the points. Of course the movie was charged to my folio and they couldn't correct it because it was on the first day of a 4 day stay. They did give me a credit for the movie and tax though.
Old Aug 3, 2007, 5:49 pm
wth

Programs: 2011 Air: AA (Plat) UA (Prem); Hotel: HGP (Dia), HH (Dia), KIT (IC); Car: HZ (PC) AF
Originally Posted by kevinsac
We should get a double bonus everytime we have to call to get them to correct a mistake or to add missing points!
Amen! If they screw up -- for whatever reason -- they should compensate for the follow up.

Regarding Plat. Amen. posting, I had a bad stretch in Q1 2006 -- 50% hit rate. Since then, not a single problem. Perhaps SPG or their system pick people at random to screw with for a random period of time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.