Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

I'm Platinum SPG & having big probs getting Amenity points credited

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

I'm Platinum SPG & having big probs getting Amenity points credited

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2006, 5:41 pm

Programs: 1K (I know, my screen name is outdated), Marriott Plat, *Wood Plat, Five Star, Amex Plat
I have to chase my points about 20% of the time. In 4 years of 75+ nights I had to chase my Plat points once. This is an area *Wood has to work on improving.
Old Apr 22, 2006, 7:57 pm

Programs: AA EXPlt, SPG Plt, Nat EE
I have to chase them on a regular basis also. Thankfully, it seems much easier than it used to. The plt concierge used to argue and put the burden of proof on me. Now, they see a stay and if there isn't bonus points, they just add. They either increased customer service training or it's just a big problem that they don't bother checking anymore.
Old Apr 22, 2006, 8:22 pm
g50

Programs: DL DM 2MM, AA LTP, Hyatt Globalist, FB Plat
My guess is they think we won't bother calling. What a pain. So they give you something that should make you loyal, that in turns makes you not.
Old Apr 23, 2006, 1:35 pm

Programs: AC E75, SPG Plat, HH peon-by-choice (ex Gold)
Wow. I've been lucky as a newly minted Plat. I've gotten 100% of my 500 amenity points. But, then again, virtually all my stays are at the same SPG hotel and I guess they're one of the better ones at posting points.
Old Apr 26, 2006, 5:46 pm

Programs: UAL 1K, SPG Plat.
I always have trouble getting my amenity to post so now I just do a "quarterly review" of my account and then send an email to get all the missing amenity points and that has seemed to work well.. but I maybe I should start trying to get the additional compensation ^
Old Jul 28, 2007, 9:07 pm

Platinum Amenity (500 pts) seems not to come through as often without my prompting

It may be a run of bad luck or slippage in quality control, but it seems that since the start of this year, I've had to phone up and request my platinum amenity (500 pts) for at least 1/3rd of my stays as they did not automatically post.

Anyone else had this experience?
Old Jul 28, 2007, 9:22 pm

Programs: BBC World News
Single biggest problem I have with Starwood....of 60 or so stays a year, 20% miss the amenity.
Old Jul 28, 2007, 9:28 pm

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Ambassador/Lifetime Titanium, Accor Silver, Club Carlson Gold, BW Diamond
Whenever I complete an award stay, chances are better than average that I need to call and "remind" them about my amenity points.

Paid stays don't seem to be any problem.

Aloha
Old Jul 28, 2007, 10:07 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by clublounger
Whenever I complete an award stay, chances are better than average that I need to call and "remind" them about my amenity points.

Paid stays don't seem to be any problem.

Aloha
I didn't realize that 500 points Platinum amenity is part of an award stay. I just checked my account and saw 500 points amenity posted for my recent award stay at Princeville Resort, the only award stay that I recall receiving amenity points. I had to call for 3 paid stays this year that did not automatically post 500 points, 2 were for stays in India and one in Israel.
Old Jul 28, 2007, 10:48 pm

Programs: UA Plat, SPG Plat, Hyatt GP Plat
Originally Posted by Globehopper
It may be a run of bad luck or slippage in quality control, but it seems that since the start of this year, I've had to phone up and request my platinum amenity (500 pts) for at least 1/3rd of my stays as they did not automatically post.

Anyone else had this experience?
last year, no. this year? far too often.
Old Jul 29, 2007, 2:09 am

Programs: AA EXP & 2MM, Marriott PLT, Hilton GLD, SPG PLT, Hyatt Diamond
I'm running at exactly a third not posting automatically too... always quickly gets resolved with an email to customer services, but shouldn't need to happen of course.
Old Jul 29, 2007, 6:46 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
3 of my last ten stays required follow up efforts
Old Jul 29, 2007, 6:59 am
Original Member, Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz

I have had to intervene on 2 out of my last 10 stays to get the 500 Platinum Amenity to post.
Old Jul 29, 2007, 12:57 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Exec Plat SPG Platinum
Seven out of 24 not posted for me, in spite of completing the amenity selection card each time.
Ultimately all credit received, but somtimes requiring two follow up requests. Seems a lot of unnecessary time and trouble and expense for all involved for something that should be easy to enter correctly.
I always choose the points over the other optons, which do not seem all that attractive. What about others? Any idea what percentage of platinum takes the points? If a high proportion, perhaps SPG would be better served by going to an automatic credit for the points, removing them by exception if another option is selected. The current procedure is clearly broken and some new thinking is needed to fix it
Rens
Old Jul 29, 2007, 1:57 pm

Programs: DL LTG, SPG LTP, Mar. PLT
5 of the last 10 stays did not post, 3 of which where award stays.
The email acknowledging the request for the points also took 5-7 days.
It appears that SPG is slowing down.

Who pays for the Platinum points, the hotel or Starwood.

Casey.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.