Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

I'm Platinum SPG & having big probs getting Amenity points credited

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

I'm Platinum SPG & having big probs getting Amenity points credited

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2008, 10:18 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Question

Is this thing on?

How many times do I have to say, "contact customer service"?

Old Aug 4, 2008, 11:44 am
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by Cheap Elite
Is this thing on?

How many times do I have to say, "contact customer service"?

Platinum Concierge should suffice, unless a hotel is a repeat offender. Then, I would contact Hotel Customer Service to make it a customer service issue for the hotel.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]
Old Aug 4, 2008, 11:47 am
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by Globehopper
So much for painless post PA posting.

I was on the phone now for over 15 mins with T**** , a PC (Lancaster, CA call center) who argued that Starwood and C&P stays are not eligible for Plat Amenties, and that was why none of my PA posted!

She summarily put me on hold as she checked with a supervisor whether such stays are eligible for Plat benefits. (I was very tempted to hang up and try a different person).

She returned with the news that her supervisor I*** (also in Lancaster) stated that Luxury Collection hotels are not eligible for Plat Amenties!

She further stated that all Le Meridien hotels listed in my prior posting are considered Luxury Collection properties! According to her supervisor, this is stated in the T&C on the SPG.com website (which I've checked and see no supporting evidence).

So as it stands now, I have wasted over 20 minutes in fruitless pursuit of my PA, and am no closer to getting these missing PA posted.

William, I'd be pleased to provide the names of both persons, so that they can be properly instructed before futher disinformation is spread and to hopefully avoid a repitition of this hassle to others. I also need your help to get my missing PA points posted after the fact for all 6 hotels.

What a hassle!
Question...did you call back and get someone else?

On August 3rd, six missing Platinum welcome amenity points were requested for your account...and on August 4th, they all posted to your account.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]
Old Aug 4, 2008, 8:36 pm

Programs: 3 million miles LIFETIME PLT AADVANTAGE/LIFETIME SPG PLT!! 25 years member /PRESIDENT'S CLUB HERTZ
I have been having same issues for the past years .....have been with starwood since 1990
the most of my issues with PLT amenity is from Westin and Sheraton .....not much with W hotels
I called so many times the PLT Concierge to get my 500 points after every stay ....they told me this is the worst problem they encounter.....
Old Aug 6, 2008, 6:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
I expect to reach Platinum status with a stay on Aug 23 and I have 2 more stays on Aug 29 and 30. I am not familiar with how the Platinum amenity works and couldn't find any answers on SPG website. Is the amenity something you select on check in, or is it something that is added to your profile? I imagine I will select the 500 pt bonus, but is there a list of amenities somewhere, or does it vary by hotel?

TIA
Old Aug 6, 2008, 7:50 am

Programs: EX²-*wood platinum, EX-hyatt diamond, sixt platinum, hilton silver, leaders club, esselunga verde...
Lightbulb

500 points is a selection of you at check in. btw only 250 points at the 4points!
Old Aug 6, 2008, 7:54 am
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by margarita girl
..is there a list of amenities somewhere, or does it vary by hotel?
FAQ: The Platinum Welcome Amenity
Old Aug 6, 2008, 9:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Excellent, thank you. I should have thought to look in the FAQs!
Old Aug 6, 2008, 5:57 pm

Programs: SPG PLT, Hyatt Diamond, 10% progress towards lifetime Hyatt Diamond
I knew I had one that hadn't posted, so I went back through my stays. Lo and behold, I had 2 that hadn't been resolved, which makes a total of 4 for the year on 15 stays.

I called Plat CS to request the points for these two stays (for my Westin Reston Heights stay, this is the third time I've requested the points). CS very cheerfully assisted, so hopefully I'll see points shortly.
Old Aug 6, 2008, 6:24 pm
In memoriam

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Starwood Platinum, a nothing in several others
I have found that the easiest way is to use the "customer support/email/missing credit inquiry" link on spg.com. Copy/paste in the hotel name and date from the "My Stays/Past Stays" page.
My 500 point platinum amenity did not post for my stay at the Sheraton Crescent Hotel
04/21/2008 - 04/22/2008
I usually get a reply within minutes to hours and the points post the next day. Quick and simple, and you have a written record. The reply was
...I have requested that the 500 Platinum Amenity Starpoints for your stay at The Sheraton Crescent Hotel on April 21st, 2008, be posted to your account. This should appear within the next seven to ten business days. I regret any inconvenience you may have experienced.
Old Aug 31, 2008, 12:58 am

5000 points fine for non arrival in 7 days

One way to solve the non posting of 500 pt amenities id for SPG to yield a 5000pt fine for each non compliance. Suddenly the problem will stop.
Old Nov 12, 2008, 9:52 pm
In memoriam

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Starwood Platinum, a nothing in several others
This thread has been inactive recently and I hope it is because SPG has taken some action to encourage the hotels to do do it automatically. In the past 17 stays since my posting above every Platinum amenity has posted without any addtional action on my part except for 1 property. I had 3 stays at the aloft Chicago O'Hare and none of them posted. A couple were missposted as a SVC PROMISE but the total is correct so I don't care.

Now only if the helpdesk bonus could post this well....

Last edited by gfowler-ord-1k; Nov 26, 2008 at 6:27 pm
Old Nov 13, 2008, 8:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Interesting. 3 of my last 4 haven't posted without a phone call. I typically run at about 50%. I called to get them posted and the agent told me that she has been taking a lot of calls about those.

Mike
Old Nov 14, 2008, 5:34 pm

Programs: aa exp and ck, spg plat, hz pc, dl life gld, marriott life plat, others
My missing plat amenity rate runs about 25-30% and hasn't changed much in the last year.
Old Nov 17, 2008, 2:53 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Starwood Platinum, Southwest Airlines Companion Pass, Hilton Diamond
I am running at about 50% for getting Platinum Amenities posted. Worst cuprit is the Sheraton New Orleans on Canal Street. They offer the Platinum Amenity card but do not post the points about 50% of the time. A phone call resolves the issue but is a hassle.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.