Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

I'm Platinum SPG & having big probs getting Amenity points credited

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

I'm Platinum SPG & having big probs getting Amenity points credited

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2009, 2:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker
What property was this?....
Vedema Resort. I have sent them an email and hope to hear back soon.

It is not a big deal. I was just surprised that Platinum Concierge cannot request it because Luxury Collection properties don't officially participate, although I did receive a selection card at check in.
Old Sep 8, 2009, 2:20 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, Avis First
Anyone on how long I should expect to wait before calling abt the 500 pts for Free Weekend stays? They asked me when checking in couple of weeks ago, but yet to post. My paid stays after that posted within 2 days.
Old Sep 8, 2009, 2:23 pm
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by TerryK
Vedema Resort. I have sent them an email and hope to hear back soon.

It is not a big deal. I was just surprised that Platinum Concierge cannot request it because Luxury Collection properties don't officially participate, although I did receive a selection card at check in.
All Luxury Collection properties in EAME participate in this option. It is only NAD where it is a local amenity choice, with two exceptions.

This thread is up to date:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starw...ml#post8077195

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]
Old Sep 8, 2009, 2:23 pm

Originally Posted by BDG8R
Anyone on how long I should expect to wait before calling abt the 500 pts for Free Weekend stays? They asked me when checking in couple of weeks ago, but yet to post. My paid stays after that posted within 2 days.
Personally, I wouldn't wait a day longer.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders

[email protected]
Old Sep 8, 2009, 3:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

All Luxury Collection properties in EAME participate in this option. It is only NAD where it is a local amenity choice, with two exceptions.....
Thank you Lurker for your clarification. I guess I hit upon an uninformed Platinum Concierge. Oh well, there are always people who are on their first day of work.
Old Sep 13, 2009, 8:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The amenity Starpoints posted one day after I emailed Vedema. ^:-:
Old Sep 13, 2009, 8:52 pm

Programs: UA 2MM Lifetime Plat, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Personally, I wouldn't wait a day longer.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders

[email protected]

I've been told you have to wait 30 days when Plat amenity points don't post. When they don't post with the stay, my history is they never do and then 30 days later I have to send an email. I believe it was Jeff Underwood that told me that (although not 100% sure), what is the officlal wait time?
Old Sep 13, 2009, 10:46 pm

Programs: SPG
Originally Posted by 1K_From_SNA
I've been told you have to wait 30 days when Plat amenity points don't post. When they don't post with the stay, my history is they never do and then 30 days later I have to send an email. I believe it was Jeff Underwood that told me that (although not 100% sure), what is the officlal wait time?
Hi 1K_From_SNA,

I would follow the latest advise from William, IMO.

By the way, Jeff was my trainer when I first joined Starwood and I wonder how he is now.

[email protected]

Thyetus Lee | Online Forum Coordinator(AP)
Starwood Customer Contact Centre (AP) Pte Ltd
Old Sep 14, 2009, 11:06 am

Originally Posted by 1K_From_SNA
...what is the officlal wait time?
If the hotel doesn't get it done within 7 days of your having checked out, you can request it from customer service.

Just a note to those who are missing these on award stays...

If you have incidental charges, these should post automatically. If you don't have incidental charges, the amenity points have to be entered manually...either by the hotel or by Program Services.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders

[email protected]
Old Sep 15, 2009, 12:02 pm
Suspended

Unhappy No welcome points for free nights ?

Originally Posted by BDG8R

Expect them to arrive immediately or not at all. I got today this answer because I have also some missing 500 welcome points from my free weekend stays:

XXX XXXXXXX from Customer Contact Center:
"Furthermore please be reminded that if there are no eligible charges to be posted on the guest’s account, even of the P is selected, the guest will not be receive the points for the Platinum Amenity."

Hu? Is this new?

Last edited by AZ Travels the World; Sep 15, 2009 at 12:17 pm Reason: Remove employee's name, which is a violation of FT rules
Old Sep 15, 2009, 12:48 pm

Originally Posted by nissan motor
...Hu? Is this new?
No, the remarks were simply taken out of context from the entire message, which was a reminder to a hotel on how to make this happen manually without incidental charges being credited.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders

[email protected]
Old Sep 15, 2009, 1:46 pm
Suspended

Unhappy

No, the remarks were simply taken out of context from the entire message, which was a reminder to a hotel on how to make this happen manually without incidental charges being credited.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders

[email protected]

Well, if I understand it correctly, I must make at least a phone call in the amount of some cents in order to get my points?

No incidentals = no points?

If the latter is the case: I think this is unfair. If I had taken the "local gift" I would have gotten it. Since I was told by the hotel, I may also chose the 500 points, I won't get anything now
Old Sep 15, 2009, 1:54 pm

Originally Posted by nissan motor
Well, if I understand it correctly, I must make at least a phone call in the amount of some cents in order to get my points?
I think you misunderstood.

No incidentals = no points?
I didn't say that. I said they have to be posted manually if you don't have incidentals.

If the latter is the case: I think this is unfair. If I had taken the "local gift" I would have gotten it. Since I was told by the hotel, I may also chose the 500 points, I won't get anything now
Only if you refuse to ask for them as a retro credit. Your call on that.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders

[email protected]
Old Sep 15, 2009, 3:42 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Starwood Platinum
Unhappy Gets to be a real pain

I have to request my Platinum amenity almost after every stay at the Four Points Sheraton in Allentown PA. It never posts automatically even though it's supposed to be in my profile. So I write an email again like I always do and request to have the points post from a stay at that hotel on Aug. 31 as well as from a stay at the Sheraton Atlantic City on Sept 5.

A response comes today with this request. "Can you please provide your confirmation numbers so I can check the situation in depth?"

So now I respond after looking up the confirmation numbers and receive the old form letter telling me they have received my email and will respond but do not respond to this email. etc. etc. The waiting game goes on. I had another stay last night and will have to request those points as well but not until after this one is cleared up.

This is really starting to be a pain. C'mon Starwood what seems to be the problem posting these points? How about checking in depth why the points don't post when requested?
Old Sep 15, 2009, 8:05 pm

Programs: *wood & marriott plat, Hyatt, Accor
Originally Posted by pbiflyer
Then what am I doing wrong? About 50% of mine don't.
Consider yourself lucky. As far as I can remember, I've never received the platinum amenity for award stay that didn't come with an incidental charge. And I've been a platinum member since 2002.

All these years I though I was not eligible for the 500 points because it was an award stay. In fact, a Plat Concierge even mentioned it to me several years ago, that I was not eligible for it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.