Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

I'm Platinum SPG & having big probs getting Amenity points credited

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

I'm Platinum SPG & having big probs getting Amenity points credited

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18, 2008, 7:47 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage & Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: American ExPlat; Marriott/SPG Lifetime Plat; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by bl4666
When I filled out the Platinum Amenity card today at a Westin property in Virginia I noticed the point has reduced to 250. Has anyone noticed the reduction at other locations?
Wow, I've not experienced that. As recently as last week, even Sheraton was still doing 500 points.

Can one of the Lurkers tell us whether this is a change that's in the works?
Old Jun 18, 2008, 7:56 pm
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: SPG
Originally Posted by AZ Travels the World
Wow, I've not experienced that. As recently as last week, even Sheraton was still doing 500 points.

Can one of the Lurkers tell us whether this is a change that's in the works?
Hi all

No news on any changes from my end.

But I am pretty sure the members here would receive news faster than I do sometimes.

[email protected]
Old Jun 18, 2008, 8:08 pm
In memoriam

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Starwood Platinum, a nothing in several others
When I filled out the Platinum Amenity card today at a Westin property in Virginia I noticed the point has reduced to 250. Has anyone noticed the reduction at other locations?
I suspect they got Four Points cards by mistake.
Old Jun 19, 2008, 9:13 am
Original Member, Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz

My 500-point Platinum amenity bonus for a recent stay at W Mexico City did not post automatically. It took two phone calls a week apart to get it to post properly.
Old Jun 19, 2008, 11:25 am

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by gfowler-ord-1k
I suspect they got Four Points cards by mistake.
That would be my guess as well.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]
Old Jun 21, 2008, 5:22 pm

Originally Posted by 3544quebec
From my last 17 stays since April 1st 10 Plat bonuses have posted and 7 have not.

I rang the Platinum Concierge a month ago about the first few that hadn't posted and was advised that she would contact the hotel involved and contact me back by email - I haven't heard anything since.

I rang again today and the agent said she would look into it. Why might I be sceptical that this will be easily resolved? Perhaps because the last time a hotel didn't correctly post 1000 bonus points it took me 4 weeks, 8 emails and 5 phone calls dealing with 5 different people in all before the points were finally posted along with a paltry 1000 point customer service posting to compensate me for the total waste of time I had experienced.

It seems that SPG doesn't follow the policy that the first person you contact will ensure that your problem is resolved.
Customer Service sent me an email saying that they had looked at my account and to expect crediting of 8 Platinum Amenities shortly. I thought I was owed 7 and yesterday they posted 6. Don't know about the Maths but at least it was fast!
Old Jun 21, 2008, 7:54 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat MM, UA MM 1K, MR Titanium Lifetime

Checked my account and the amenity posted is 500 points.
Old Jun 22, 2008, 1:59 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium Elite
Checked my account and the amenity posted is 500 points.
It's 250 at Four Points but not at Sheraton or Westin. I just got the usual 500 for staying at the Sheraton Atlantic City.
Old Jun 23, 2008, 11:17 am
jaf

Programs: AA (Exec Plat), UAL (Premier Exec), SPG (Platinum), Hyatt (Diamond), Marriott (Plat), Hertz (Prez)
This is a huge problem for me - and extremely annoying.

1) I was not aware that you could get the 500 platinum amenity on award stays. Whenever I had an award stay, I always requested the 500 platinum amenity when asked (thinking they just made a mistake in asking) - but these *never* showed up on my account. Once I found out, years later, I started requesting and making sure the amenity got posted
2) I travel a ton for business - all paid stays obviously, and find that I have to double-check and re-request platinum amenties about 20-30% of the time. VERY ANNOYING!!
Old Jun 23, 2008, 11:24 am

Programs: United GS, Fairmont Platinum,SPG LTPlat, Hilton Diamond, MarriottGold..like the rest of the world
Originally Posted by jaf
This is a huge problem for me - and extremely annoying.

....and find that I have to double-check and re-request platinum amenties about 20-30% of the time. VERY ANNOYING!!
Every time I know that my 500 point amenity hasn't posted (and I know I miss some of them), I make a point to call the Plat line and ask politely, but pointedly, that they not only post my 500 points, but also make a point to alert their manager that I've had to call in numerous times to request the same thing.

SPG's position is that this is a 1% error factor, but my experience, like others, would suggest otherwise.
Old Jun 23, 2008, 11:28 am

Originally Posted by sbtinme
...SPG's position is that this is a 1% error factor, but my experience, like others, would suggest otherwise.
Note: To be fair, I did say that some members might be experiencing a larger percentage of errors as individuals; however, looking at Platinum members as a complete group, the error factor remains 1%.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders

[email protected]
Old Jun 23, 2008, 12:07 pm
MKB

I've just had a holiday involving seven Starwood stays at the Sheraton Pretoria and at Le Méridien hotels in Mauritius, Fisherman's Cove Seychelles and Barbarons Seychelles. Three stays were award stays.

Not a single Platinum 500 amenity posted. Is that a record? However all were added by SPG without fuss after the event.

In the past 18 months, I've never had a Platinum 500 post automatically on a award stay. Has anyone?
Old Jun 23, 2008, 12:11 pm

5 out of 9 has not been posted during the past 2 months (250/500 platinum amenity), but very pleased after the calls with a SPG agent
Old Jun 23, 2008, 1:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Perhaps you could update us on the math. For instance, if there are 1,000 Platinum stays in a given time period, does that mean that 10 amenities didn't post, or that you got 10 complaints that amenities didn't post. In other words, for the latter example, it could mean that the number is much higher, but only a small percentage noticed.

After you figure out this one, I'm sure there are less important problems such as world peace and a cure for cancer that you could work on.

Mike

Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker
Note: To be fair, I did say that some members might be experiencing a larger percentage of errors as individuals; however, looking at Platinum members as a complete group, the error factor remains 1%.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders

[email protected]
Old Jun 23, 2008, 1:13 pm

Originally Posted by mikeef
Perhaps you could update us on the math... [/
No, I think instead I will move on to something I can actually do something about.

As noted previously, there are ways for missing Platinum amenity points to be credited. It is a relatively painless process and every time one is reported, it goes on a report to interested parties who then work on lowering the overall percentage even more. You can help us to help you by being part of the solution or you can vent your frustrations here...your choice.

My apologies to anyone who feels inconvenienced by the fact that missing amenities points happen at all or the process we have in place to account for them, but I have other, more urgent windmills to joust at the moment.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders

[email protected]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.