Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

I'm Platinum SPG & having big probs getting Amenity points credited

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

I'm Platinum SPG & having big probs getting Amenity points credited

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2007, 10:02 am

Programs: SPG Plat, Avis First
You're right Trojan. I called about 3 missing amenity points and was asked to wait 5-8 business days. Its been about 8 days and nothing. Seemed like it use to be easy to do. Oh well.
Old Aug 21, 2007, 10:21 am
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by TrojanHorse
Is it just me or when I used to call to get credit for plat amen pts, did SPG used to post your points (plat amen) right then and there or 24 hours at most?

Now they tell me its five days which seems like a long time to post for something that is or should be just an entry by the CSR
It has never been that easy. SPG customer service makes the request and SPG affinity posts the points. Two different departments are involved here. It can take up to 8 days depending upon the workload, but it can also take as little as 24 hours.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]
Old Sep 18, 2007, 12:47 pm

Another set of stays; another set of missing Plat Amenties

Just returned from another set of Starwood stays in Germany and France encompassing the Le Meridien Hamburg, Westin Leipzig, Westin Grand Berlin, Le Meridien Munich and Le Meridien Montparnasse.

With the exception of the Westin Leipzig, I am missing my 500 PA pts from all the other hotels. BTW, all hotels were good about Plat room upgrades, except for the Montparnasse where we had one of the smallest room types in the house. They claimed that a Rugby championship absorbed all the rooms.

This is tedious having to call (seems no fix is in sight) to get my points which should have posted automatically.

Today's agent wanted me to provide her with each associated reservation number for each stay (some paid; others using points). She apparently couldn't look up my past stays. Rather than risk incompetence, I'll have to spend more time and call back later when I have those reservation numbers in hand.
Old Sep 19, 2007, 12:43 am

I stayed at Westin hotel for two nights, and they were one paid and one award (free) night.
In this case am I still supposed to receive total two Platinum Amenity points or just one?

I got an answer. Just one.

Last edited by Hiro32; Sep 19, 2007 at 12:49 am
Old Sep 19, 2007, 1:34 pm
In memoriam

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Starwood Platinum, a nothing in several others
The platinum amenity did not post on 4 out of 16 past stays. Hotels I stay at frequently sometimes post, sometimes not -- no obvious pattern.

William, I think there is something broken in this process.

Edited to add that I sent in a missing credit (Customer Support->E-mail - Subject: Missing Credits Inquiry) for the last 2 and received the standard response within 7 minutes. The person doing this is amazingly efficient. I guess lots of practice.
I have requested that the 500 Platinum Amenity Starpoints for your stays at Sheraton Wild Horse Pass Resort & Spa and Sheraton Phoenix Airport Hotel Tempe on September 3rd and 10th, 2007, be posted to your account. These should appear within the next seven to ten business days. I regret any inconvenience you may have experienced.

Last edited by gfowler-ord-1k; Sep 19, 2007 at 2:47 pm
Old Sep 19, 2007, 1:47 pm
In memoriam

Originally Posted by Globehopper
This is tedious having to call (seems no fix is in sight) to get my points which should have posted automatically.
It looks like a missing credit email is the fastest way. See my post #45 right above this one.
Old Sep 21, 2007, 3:15 pm
In memoriam

Originally Posted by gfowler-ord-1k
... Edited to add that I sent in a missing credit (Customer Support->E-mail - Subject: Missing Credits Inquiry) for the last 2 and received the standard response within 7 minutes. ...
The points posted the next day.
Old Sep 21, 2007, 3:17 pm

Programs: AC E, SPG P, MR S
Ditto on sending a missing credit email.

I received my points the next day.
Old Sep 22, 2007, 2:30 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, Onepass, Lifemiles, SPG, Marriott. LANPASS s*cks.
Missing on 7 out of 14

Sent an email a few moments ago. Got a response within an hour. The CSR analyzed my stays and told me 2 out of 9 requested were credited, so she requested credit for 7 stays.

"This should appear within the next seven to ten business days. I regret any inconvenience you may have experienced."

Of course I replied that "it's not my job to chase for my points, even more when it's a welcome amenity", asking a 3500 points goodwill gesture (500 per stay, or double points).

I'll coment on the outcome.

LR
Old Sep 22, 2007, 4:04 pm

Programs: EX²-*wood platinum, EX-hyatt diamond, sixt platinum, hilton silver, leaders club, esselunga verde...
BTW: what happens to this hotel which " forget " the 500 platinum points, if I call starwood?
Old Sep 22, 2007, 5:40 pm

deleted

Last edited by shoodawg; Jun 5, 2009 at 7:32 pm
Old Sep 22, 2007, 5:42 pm

deleted

Last edited by shoodawg; Jun 5, 2009 at 7:32 pm
Old Sep 23, 2007, 10:10 am

Programs: CO Platinum, AA Platinum, SPG Platinum, Amex Plat,HHonors Gold, Leader - Leading Hotels of the World
Way too many occurances of missing points

I just spent about 20 minutes reading this string and what bothers me most is that there are way too many different instances of the missing amenity. It has happened to me about -- guessing here -- 20 percent of the time, too. This is not the SPG that I came to know when I first hit plat in 2002.

Couple this string with the one on declining SPG quality to the one with the rising Amex *wood card annual fee and the Sheraton Manhattan snafu, and I would think that SPG would be all over this with raised assurances they are addressing these matters. But alas, I do not see it -- and by far, this is not the SPG that I have come to know. As a PLAT with their program (and a shareholder, to boot!), I want to see some reply from William or another SPG rep they take these strings seriously with corrective actions.
Old Sep 24, 2007, 11:24 am
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by capitalflow
...As a PLAT with their program (and a shareholder, to boot!), I want to see some reply from William or another SPG rep they take these strings seriously with corrective actions.
Okay, here you go...We take these strings seriously and whenever things like this come to light, we take corrective actions.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]
Old Sep 24, 2007, 5:14 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, Onepass, Lifemiles, SPG, Marriott. LANPASS s*cks.
Originally Posted by leandrorar
Of course I replied that "it's not my job to chase for my points, even more when it's a welcome amenity", asking a 3500 points goodwill gesture (500 per stay, or double points).

I'll coment on the outcome.

LR
Response:

Thank you for your email reply. I welcome this opportunity to assist you further.
You have received the Platinum Amenities for those that were missing. Unfortunately, no other compensation can be provided at this time.

Of course I shot back. Let's see what happens.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.