Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2008, 10:20 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
sheraton cerritos

got upgraded to a Jr. Suite. Had to ask though

Last edited by jlcchien; Jan 31, 2008 at 1:18 pm
Old Jan 31, 2008, 11:28 am

Programs: AA ExecPlat, UA 2P, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond
I've had good luck with upgrades lately.

St. Regis SF (Dec. weekend, SPG50): Metropolitan suite
Westin Market Street SF (Dec. weekend, award stay): nice corner suite
Westin Los Cabos (weekend, peak season): "upgrade" to full oceanview room, access to RBC granted
Sheraton Milpitas (weekend): renovated suite, my first upgrade in probably a dozen stays there. Had to ask though.
Sheraton Tucson (weekday): large two-room suite
Westin La Paloma (weekday, conference rate): large "Master" suite
Old Jan 31, 2008, 12:01 pm

Location: (not Montana. Nor is my name really Helena, nor am I female)
Programs: Delta, USAirways, Starwood, Priority Club, Marriott, Amex
Four Points Downtown Washington DC: upgrade to a nice suite, but I had to ask. The apparently novice desk agent said there was no upgrade available, and her superior behind her coughed meaningfully and muttered "nope." Then he showed her, "You have rooms here. And here's a suite." and showed her how to check me in properly.

Westin BWI airport: upgrade to a club level room. When I asked about available suites, was told the hotel has no suites. I didn't get the club level room until I asked specifically about where the club lounge was located, assuming they had given me club access, which, it turns out, they initially had not.
Old Jan 31, 2008, 12:31 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Bonvoy LTE
Sheraton Cavalier Calgary - had to ask for my platinum amenity and ask about a suite upgrade, even though it looked they pre-blocked a room for me because I haven't been able to access my reservation online for over 2 weeks. Upgraded to a corner suite on a lower floor in the end.
Old Jan 31, 2008, 9:30 pm

Programs: HH Gold, PC Platinum, SPG Platinum, AM Gold, Avis First
Sheraton Park Anaheim-got a club floor upgrade for myself and a second party who had another room they were staying in. Not much of an upgrade, but it's during the MDM convention so I was happy to get what I got!
Old Jan 31, 2008, 10:14 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
sheraton Padadena

got upgraded to club floor room only though website showed jr suites available
Old Feb 1, 2008, 10:37 am

Programs: HH Gold, PC Platinum, SPG Platinum, AM Gold, Avis First
Sheraton Anaheim Hotel, upgraded to one bedroom suite-from the hotel map this looks like about the best one in the house. No club floor here though....
Old Feb 2, 2008, 5:26 am

Programs: Aeroplan E, SPG Plat, Delta SM, AA
Just made Platinum for the 1st time on Dec. 31st, thanks in part to SPG double stay fall promo.
Booked 1 regular room for 1 night at Westin Harbour Castle - Toronto and got upgraded to the Vice-Regal suite on the 35th Penthouse floor (huge, nicely appointed, 2 large LCD TVs, surround sound system, great view of Lake Ontario, etc...)^^^.
Also got an upgrade in the service. The parking lot was full due to large convention going on. The parking valet (a subcontractor of SPG, I think) was a bit dry (read rude) in telling me I would have to find my own parking. I temporarely left my car at the curb, checked in and explain the situation to the counter person: they immediately went over to the parking attendant and a parking spot was found!!!^^^

Great Platinum experience for a first time user of the status. If they keep up with this, It will increase my perceived value of Plat.
2muchfun
Old Feb 2, 2008, 5:31 am

Programs: Aeroplan E, SPG Plat, Delta SM, AA
After writing above thread, I'm wondering if the suites are sometimes on the Club floors?
Given I was on company dime, didn't bother me to forgo the free breakfast I could have had on the Club floor but when on personal dime with family, I might prefer the Club Floor for this feature. Getting both features would be a double upgrade.

2muchfun
Old Feb 3, 2008, 1:56 am

W Westwood Los Angeles

Booked a Wonderful Studio
Confirmed preblock on SPG page for a Fabulous Suite
Got: Fabulous Corner Suite on the Penthouse Level with 3 sectioned rooms.
Old Feb 3, 2008, 3:17 pm
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton*D, Marriott*LG, Hyatt*G
Stays this week:

Sheraton Wall Centre Vancouver: booked Traditional double on pre-paid rate, upgraded to Jr. Suite, which featured a King bed in the living room area along with a sofa, work desk and wetbar and a double bed in a separate bedroom. Larger than a 1 BR suite.

Westin Grand Vancouver: Booked superior queen suite on a retail therapy package and upgraded to Executive Deluxe King suite (one of the Grandview suites).
Old Feb 3, 2008, 6:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Governor's Suite at the Sheraton Old San Juan - view of old fortifications and cruise ships. LG 42" LCD is all analog cr^% courtesy of Lodgenet. Iffy on late checkout. Enthusiastic desk staff at check in.
Old Feb 3, 2008, 6:53 pm
Suspended

Upgrade to Butler Floor at Sheraton Park Tower
Old Feb 3, 2008, 8:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
Jr. Suite at the Sheraton ARN.
Exec. floor at the Sheraton DFW - nothing special ...
Old Feb 4, 2008, 1:00 am

Programs: BA Gold, SK EBG
Sheraton Park Lane London

Booked standard room, got upgraded to one bedroom suite w/o asking.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.