Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Platinum Upgrade Successes 2008

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2008, 11:15 pm

Westin Grande Sukhumvit: Upgrade was confirmed one night prior to my arrival to a Deluxe Suite. Nice size suite with two bathrooms. This suite is much bigger than the corner suite @ IC BKK, but the bathroom that has shower is quite small. I also didn't like the bathroom amenities (which are generic) as I thought a suite would be equipped with Molton Brown bathroom amenities. So so breakfast (downstairs as my rate included breakfast) and no internet in room. I had high hopes for Westin stay but I am slightly disappointed.

Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit: Upgrade was also confirmed one night prior to my arrival to a Grande Suite. I am currently in the room and the room is quite big, with two full bathrooms. The room decor is a bit dated, but there are plasma TVs (which Westin didn't have - perhaps this was just my room). I like the fact that there are Ferregamo bathroom amenities in the room. There is no lounge, but Plats are given breakfast in several dinning locations in the hotel. The pool is much nicer than Westin (actually it's not so hard to beat the pool @ Westin). The gym is nicely equipped with modern fitness machines and the locker room has nice big hot tub and sauna ^. Breakfast is one of the nicest one I've seen in Bangkok and very comparable to the one @ IC BKK.

* If I had to choose between Westin and Sheraton in Sukhumvit, I will choose Sheraton (surprisingly!!). Tomorrow, it will be Plaza Athenee Le Royal Meridien - part of my SPG hotel "tour" and LM promotion (4 free nights in 7 stays).

Plaza Athenee Le Royal Meridien Hotel. Upon check-in I was upgraded to a Deluxe Suite on the 21st floor. The size of the suite is similar to the Grande Suite @ SGS. The decor is a bit modern than SGS, but it is lacking character. Bathroom amenities seems to be a generic hotel brand ones, but the smell was good. Plats are also given access to the Le Royal Club on the 26th floor and this is definitely the best club amongst SPG hotels in Bangkok. If I compare this hotel to IC BKK, it's quite similar but the IC BKK Club Lounge is far better than any of the SPG hotels in Bangkok. The pool is nice but the gym is quite dated.
Breakfast is second best amongst three hotels listed above.

I am thinking of trying the Royal Orchid Sheraton this weekend as they are "under" renovation and have some rooms that have seen the renovation already. Will report back with a review of ROS and Plat treatment there if I end up staying at ROS.

Last edited by brahms77; Jan 22, 2008 at 10:15 pm Reason: Added review of LM BKK
Old Jan 21, 2008, 5:28 am

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
Saturday night - Sheraton NO - executive suite with an amazing view (needs a nice window cleaning, though)

Sunday-Wed -- W New Orleans (corner suite thingie with a name I can't remember) but enough room for us to work away from each other.

Thur- Sat > reserved for W FQ

Sat >reserved for Sheraton
Old Jan 21, 2008, 6:27 am
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton*D, Marriott*LG, Hyatt*G
Sheraton Wall Centre, Vancouver

Booked Traditional King room; upgraded to 1 BR Suite on Club Floor. Upgrade was showing on my reservation on SPG.com before check-in.
Old Jan 21, 2008, 9:14 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
On Saturday at the Le Meridien Parkhotel in Frankfurt got a big room with a king bed on the SPG floor. It was a newly renovated room and was actually very nice with a big flat screen TV on the wall. I faxed the hotel a couple of days beforehand to say I was coming in on a red-eye from IAD and could I check-in early (around 1230). Got a very nice email back from reservations saying that would be fine. So the room was there ready for me before 1300 on Saturday after taking the S-Bahn from FRA to the Hauptbahnhof (hotel is 300m from front door of station). So was able to take a shower before meeting my brother and his girlfriend (who were in town from ZRH) for lunch. All-in-all ^ from me for this LM!
Old Jan 21, 2008, 11:19 am

January weekend, Le Meridien Munich upgrade to Executive suite (2 rooms, 2 bath). We are Plat.
Old Jan 21, 2008, 4:58 pm

Programs: AA, BA, SPG Gold, DL, CO, ATR
Sheraton Jerusalem - Room with a nicer view
Old Jan 23, 2008, 2:35 pm

Programs: SPG Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, AA Platinum Pro, Hilton Diamond
Four Points Washington, DC

Upgraded to a suite on the 5th floor - very large and comfortable. However, was directly across from a busy meeting room which (in the afternoon) was quite loud and distracting.
Old Jan 24, 2008, 3:32 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, AA 1MM, UA 1MM
Athens, Cambridge

Grande Bretagne (my new favorite hotel): junior suite with first-class concierge ("butler") service, overlooking the Acropolis.

Sheraton Commander, in Cambridge: suite
Old Jan 24, 2008, 3:44 pm
In memoriam

Programs: Kimpton IC, Hyatt Diamond, Gold Marriott, Lifetime Platinum Starwood
Sheraton Seattle

Upgraded to junior suite - 29th floor. Dining/living area with nice big bathroom.
Old Jan 24, 2008, 6:00 pm

Programs: IC Platinum Ambassador, UA Mileage Plus, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by Rom Sac
Grande Bretagne (my new favorite hotel): junior suite with first-class concierge ("butler") service, overlooking the Acropolis.

Sheraton Commander, in Cambridge: suite
I too loved the Grande Bretagne--upgraded to a Junior Suite with large balcony and view of Acropolis overlooking Syntagma Square

Westin Rotterdam--upgraded to corner suite with an early checkin (about 8 am)

sdcarver
Old Jan 24, 2008, 6:37 pm

Programs: UA-Platimum 2 MM, HH-Gold, MR-Lifetime Gold, Hyatt-Discoverist
Four Points Norwalk CT

Well after numerous stays at this property, I've finally hit the jackpot --room 414 the 'suite' with a window in both the bed and sitting room. (Actually, all kidding aside, this is not a bad 4 P's--I've been in MUCH worse, and now with the Westin Stamford moved over to Hilton, I guess I'll be staying here alot more.) The desk manager actually remembered me when I checked in, as did the bartender (tell's you what an exciting life I lead on the road ). As for amentity, I just got the 250 points.
Old Jan 24, 2008, 7:17 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by mauld
Well after numerous stays at this property, I've finally hit the jackpot --room 414 the 'suite' with a window in both the bed and sitting room. (Actually, all kidding aside, this is not a bad 4 P's--I've been in MUCH worse, and now with the Westin Stamford moved over to Hilton, I guess I'll be staying here alot more.) The desk manager actually remembered me when I checked in, as did the bartender (tell's you what an exciting life I lead on the road ). As for amentity, I just got the 250 points.

I only got a Jr Suite upgrade Rm 420 the last time I was there. Congrachulations.^

Last edited by jlcchien; Jan 25, 2008 at 12:52 pm
Old Jan 25, 2008, 6:18 am

Always Luxury Collection Hotel Pulitzer in Amsterdam, and the 4PTS Le Verdun in Beirut... Guarantee for an upgrade :-)

At least, I always got it, and stay there a couple of times per year....
Old Jan 25, 2008, 8:48 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
Sydney Sheraton on the Park

Executive Suite on 17th floor with view of Hyde Park and harbour over Australia Day weekend.
Old Jan 26, 2008, 8:42 pm

Westin SFO Market Street

31st Floor - Terrific view of the Bay^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.