Wiki Posts
Search

Platinum Upgrade Successes 2008

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2008, 4:22 pm
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by Peatisback
An upcoming reservation (in the next few weeks) is showing that I've already been upgraded from a Spectacular to Mega room at the W Union Square. I like this proactive approach!
Fingers crossed that it stays that way! ^

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]
Old Jan 10, 2008, 1:05 am

Programs: Flying Blue Plat Elite, Continental Gold, bmi Silver, SPG Plat, HiltonDiamond
DOM Cologne Germany - Le Meridien

Upgrade to the Sir Peter Ustinov Suite. Not real a suite but a big room with a nice bathroom. Did not ask for an upgrade. Sir Peter has the hotel bar named after him - what a Lush to have the bar named after you. Needless to say the suite only had a standard minibar. I expected a big wet bar for such connoisseur of cocktails and the good life.

Excellent service and great location.
Old Jan 10, 2008, 9:22 am

Programs: IC Royal Ambassador, SPG Platinum, HH Gold, BA Gold, Flying Blue Platinum
Le Meridien Piccadilly

Upgraded from standard room to Junior Suite.

Happy with 0900 check in - assigned temporary standard room and then moved to Junior Suite after 1600.

Junior Suite (448) was well finished with comfortable bed. Bedroom standard size with comfortable king sized bed, bathroom very small - with no walk in show, with corridor to rectangular living room area.

Only compaint related to malfunctioning aircon - did not compute to cool - only added heat. Fine for sleeping, but I was just off a long haul flight and needed to cool down first;-)
Old Jan 10, 2008, 10:53 am

Programs: IC Royal Ambassador, SPG Platinum, HH Gold, BA Gold, Flying Blue Platinum
Park Lane Hotel

Upgraded from standard room to Junior Suite (648).

Good sized bedroom, medium sized sitting room, large bathroom with large bath (big enough for two people).

Three compaints
- room finish (particularly in hallway and living room) was not very good. Bedroom by comparison was appropriate.
- malfunctioning aircon - did not compute to cool - only added heat.
- malfunctioning safe - battery dead, waited almost an hour for fix.
Old Jan 10, 2008, 12:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
LeMeridien Khao Lak upgrade: zilch, zero, nada, nichts, niente, rien
Old Jan 10, 2008, 12:31 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, *wood Platinum, Hertz President's Circle, A|Club Platinum, Avis President's Club
Westin Melbourne

Upgraded to a corner Junior Suite on a points stay, without needing to ask.
Old Jan 10, 2008, 5:24 pm

Programs: Marriott -Lifetime Platinum. A3 Gold (ex-Aeroplan-E50), Skymiles Gold, Hertz Gold, HH Gold
Sheraton Vancouver Guildford

Was upgraded to club floor at check-in, had to request the suite upgrade if available - it was, and I enjoyed it. The club lounge has no beverage service, only internet, as they're renovating. Received a plastic sheraton hard hat with some little gifts & a letter from the manager apologizing for the construction noise a little later, which I thought was very cute. (I didn't notice any noise, but the gift was a nice touch anyway.)
Old Jan 10, 2008, 9:31 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Southwest A-List Preferred
Knoxville Four Points - Cumberland House

Was upgraded here to a pretty basic preferred room (IMHO). I think the property is relatively new to SPG, as it's still pretty publicly branded as the Cumberland House.

Good location though - will definitely be going back.
Old Jan 11, 2008, 6:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
Royal Orchid Sheraton Bangkok - upgrade to a business suite
Westin Bangkok- upgrade to "cool corner suite"
Old Jan 11, 2008, 8:36 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Thumbs up

sheraton pleasanton: upgraded to a corner room on club floor
sheraton sunnyvale: upgraded to club floor
4 point by sheraton Norwalk: upgraded to a jr suite
sheraton edison: upgraded to club floor
Old Jan 12, 2008, 9:23 am

Programs: SPG Plat, UA 1K, SQ PPS
Sheraton Singapore and Hong Kong

Sheraton Singapore - provided a corner room. No suite upgrade. Free breakfast at the Cafe in the lobby.

Sheraton Hong Kong - upgraded to Harbour View room. No suite upgrade. Free continental breakfast and lounge access.
Old Jan 12, 2008, 10:02 am

Programs: UA LT 1K HYglob Marr LT Titanium
Sheraton Rio and Towers

Upgraded to Exec. corner Suite on 2nd night of a 5 night stay.
Lounge access with breakfast,afternoon tea, cocktail hrs in the PM.
Old Jan 13, 2008, 3:44 am

Programs: SPG LTP
Venice, Westin Europa & Regina

Stay on cheap rate (just under 200 EUR/night), upgraded to beautiful suite. Room nr was 418, believe there's similar suites on every floor, x18.

Large & very nicely appointed living room, separate bedroom, bathroom fairly standard.

View over the canal, albeit a bit remote : these suites are between the two "wings" of the hotel, so you're not on the canal itself (no balcony).

Great hotel overall, fantastic service too, just breakfast is over-priced (52 EUR ... it's good you know, just not that good)
Old Jan 13, 2008, 6:00 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
Le Royal Meridien Shanghai

Two stays in January, 2008
1st stay: Nice Junior suite on 39th floor, with 42" Plasma TV between bed and living area. The hotel is high enough to have one elevator from Ground floor to Lobby, then second elevator from Lobby through 43rd floor. The Royla Club Lounge is on 44th floor, which meant I had to take an elevator down first and then switch to elevator that goes from 44th floor to 65th floor bar. So I requested for 44th or higher floor for my return stay.

2nd stay: Checked in tonight and was given a 2-room suite on 47th floor. There is a 42" in the living room and a 42" Plasma TV in the bedroom. Bathroom has a freen standing tub, separate shower and separate toilet. There is also a powder room right next to the entrance. I was told that this is a special suite. But since I requested a higher floor and they limited availability of standard suites, I was given the non-standard suite. ^

The rooms are very nicely appointed in this hotel.
Old Jan 13, 2008, 9:25 am

Angry Sheraton Cable Beach (Bahamas)

Upgraded without asking to oceanfront room. Enquired about suites, told none available.

My bubby checked in right behind us. He demanded to see the manager and got upgraded to a suite.

Cheers,

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.