Wiki Posts
Search

Platinum Upgrade Successes 2008

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2008, 9:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Wouldn't you like to know?!
Originally Posted by Anglo Large Clawed Otter
Holy &%$#! My reservation for the Sheraton Libertador Buenos Aires is showing...

Presidential Suite, Sweet Sleeper Bed, Oversized Living Room, Large Marble Bathroom, Cd/dvd Stereo

I have taken a screen-shot. I hope this is still true when I check in, in about 5 hours.
Take....lots....of.....pictures....
Old Jan 18, 2008, 10:38 am

Programs: UA-1K, CO-Elite, SPG-Platinum, Hertz 5*
1st one of 08 at the Sheraton Woodbridge in NJ. Upgraded to two room suite.
Old Jan 18, 2008, 3:24 pm
SPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Titanium, Delta Plat, Hilton Diamond , Hyatt Globalist
Sheraton Marina (SD)-- upgraded us to the Sunset Suite on the top floor.

Here's the description:

Hidden in the more secluded Bay Tower, the Sunset Suite (849 square feet) provides a spacious living room and family room in addition to the master bedroom. An enormous patio area features a view of the bay and marina. These suites are ideal for entertaining guests and small receptions with touches of class throughout, including plush furniture and marble details in the large bathrooms.

I think the rack is $2500/night

We've given this hotel A Lot of business in the last 12 months but the recognition was greatly appreciated. It's nice to know they value
return guests. ^
Old Jan 18, 2008, 5:50 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro 2MM, HH Diamond, WoH Globalist, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by ethang801
I scored a nice upgrade to a Suite room at the Sheraton Gateway by LAX. The room was pretty much split into a living room featuring a large couch and two chairs and the bedroom. The only flaw was the placement of the TV directly in the middle of these two areas which made it tough to see from either section. Spacious room and great service though.
I got one of these there last night. The agent at check-in called it an Executive Suite. The club lounge was really nice too.
Old Jan 18, 2008, 6:00 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA (Life Plat), Marriott (Life Titanium) and every other US program
Sheraton Los Angeles - upgraded to Deluxe Room, but it was messed up, gave me Accessible room instead- went down to request reassignment, got the best suite in the hotel (non-standard) - 2 story suite. When I extended for a second night I offered to move, but they were nice enough to let me keep it for one more night
Old Jan 18, 2008, 10:53 pm

Programs: UA1K, BA GLD
I am starwood platinum for just less than a year and I noticed that I have an excellent chance of upgrade with Sheraton, good chance with Le Meridien, good chance with 4 Points (if you can call it an upgrade) and almost no chance with Westin. The only upgrade in Westin I had was Westin Madrid when I reserved a Junior suite and was upgraded to business suite (extremely nice, I loved it). But never from a standard room to a club level (even when they had it and offered it to me for $20) or a suite. I also was not upgraded in Pulitzer Hotel in Amsterdam, in fact the room was worse than the one I got when I was just a basic member, but I can not make any deductions based on one-time experience.

Is it a common experience or just my lcuk?
Old Jan 19, 2008, 1:25 am

Programs: HH Gold, PC Platinum, SPG Platinum, AM Gold, Avis First
good point-yes 4P is not much of an upgrade, perhaps a better view-but Sheraton seems to be the best of the lot for upgrades. Westin upgrades as a Plat have happened very infrequently for me, to the point that I go to the Sheratons instead....which typically have club floors more often as well...
Old Jan 19, 2008, 3:50 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
St. Regis Shanghai

I wqas upgraded to a 2-room suite. Living room has a 42" Plasma TV, bath room has a ~20" LCD TV, right above the foot of the tub, slaved to the living room TV. Bedroom has a 32" LCD TV.
Old Jan 19, 2008, 6:14 am
Suspended

Programs: TG Plat , AF Lifetime Plat, SPG Plat
Upgrades this week :
1) Sheraton Taipei : upgraded to a diplomatic suite . This hotel is the most constant for me in terms of upgrades.
2) Westin KL : upgraded to a corner suite . More of a hit and miss hotel in terms of upgrades.
Old Jan 19, 2008, 1:45 pm
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton*D, Marriott*LG, Hyatt*G
Westin Grand, Vancouver upgraded from Superior suite to Corner Deluxe suite with King bed and balcony.
Old Jan 19, 2008, 2:26 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, US Airways Silver, Marriott Gold
Upgrades in last month

Sheraton Puerto Vallarta upgraded from standard room to master suite with tow large bathrooms, large balcony and jacuzzi on butler level. Original reservation was with points and cash 2800 points + $45 cash.

Royal Hawaiian upgrade from deluxe room to garden view master suite.

Sheraton Grand Sacramento - stay here weekly always upgraded to a suite, but had family with me recently and was upgraded to a 2 bedroom corner suite.

Four Points Bakersfield - nothing but a cheese plate.
Old Jan 19, 2008, 4:14 pm

Programs: United 2 million lifetime Marriott Titanium LiCo Plat Hertz Plat spg plat former Co Chairmans Circle
upgrade this week...from deluxe room to junior suite Sheraton The Gambia
Old Jan 19, 2008, 8:02 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA (Life Plat), Marriott (Life Titanium) and every other US program
Originally Posted by Anglo Large Clawed Otter
Holy &%$#! My reservation for the Sheraton Libertador Buenos Aires is showing...

Presidential Suite, Sweet Sleeper Bed, Oversized Living Room, Large Marble Bathroom, Cd/dvd Stereo

I have taken a screen-shot. I hope this is still true when I check in, in about 5 hours.
Did you get it?
Old Jan 19, 2008, 9:35 pm
Suspended

Sheraton FRA Airport

Tues - on a LH voucher - to a one-BR suite
Fri - to a Towers room on the lounge floor

Nice lounge by the way and great staff!^
Old Jan 20, 2008, 2:02 am

Programs: LH Sen, Starwood Amb, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by mabff
I am starwood platinum for just less than a year and I noticed that I have an excellent chance of upgrade with Sheraton, good chance with Le Meridien, good chance with 4 Points (if you can call it an upgrade) and almost no chance with Westin.
How about upgrades at the Luxury Collection? Are people's experiences similar to that of regular Sheratons, i.e. excellent chance of upgrade?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.